Tire Stem Caps

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Those are indeed the ones I have. I want to make sure I don't end up marking the wheels at high speed (although I have yet to hit 100 with my Snake (give me time though)).

Thanks guys!

Steve

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Logo Caps off of eBay over a year ago. I got the "ABS Chrome" (plastic) and didn't even consider the materials either way. I suppose the centrifugal force could push the cap to the rim at very high speeds, but I have never had a problem with mine (may be lighter). Mine have held up <u>perfectly</u> and so have the rims.

Oh and Steve, they have added more colors since we bought ours: They are now available in blue, yellow, black, red, silver, and green. They look GREAT and people always notice them and get a chuckle - "Look, even his VALVE STEMS have the Snake on them!"

Chris

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
discovered 2 of my logo caps gone going through tech
for Silverstate. Had to replace with "any steel caps". I think
a street kid has some fine valve caps on his bike now.
No problems at speed with these, many 180 plus runs,
and had them for 50,000 miles.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne is 100% correct. If you EVER leave your car alone or unprotected in a parking lot, those logo caps WILL disappear. They are so cheap anyway, I say buy TWO sets at a time. Personally, I have two "spares" remaining on my THIRD set now!

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine from George at MGW. They come with a key fob wrench that allows you to torque them down so they can't be lifted!
You must be registered for see images

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, from my experience...I'd say buy at least three sets! Mine keep getting stolen, despite me doing them up so tight with a spanner and grips, I nearly turn the valve stems off! The thieves must come armed with tools? (If any thieves are reading this...be warned, if I catch ya I'll cut ya hand off!) I've lost center caps too (hmm...me thinks time too connect the wheels up to the battery via a coil pack!!)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valve stem cap trivia. Silver State requires "O"Ring caps. They have discovered that at very high speeds the centrifugal force pulls the valve stem open. O Rings seal the stem and do not allow the air from the tire to leak out. I also agree Viper valve caps are kinda cool.

OP
OP
R

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought some awesome looking tire stem caps for the ol' beast with the actual Viper logo on them. Someone told me not to use them because they are not plastic.

Supposedly, at high speeds, they could "rub" against the rim. I certainly don't want this.

Has anyone been using them? I believe they are made of alumninum. They're very nice looking.

Steve

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Viperware valve stem caps also and yes they do look very nice with the little Viper logo on the tops.. Been over 175mph many,many times and have had absolutely no rub or problems whatsoever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog