Today I let the Viper name down....

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so dissappointed in myself!!!!!! I haven't gotten the chance to really get on this thing from 0 becuase theres so much traifc around when I go out and i'm so busy but today I went to some local 1/8th mile races...I raced an s2000 twice and got my ass handed to me both times!!!!!!!! I coudln't get this freaken car to hook I had to let off the gas pedal especially the 2nd time since I hammered it to begin with!!!!!! Are you guys constantly ripping it from stop light to stop light to practice? I was so disappointed that I went home right after those races even though I paid for unlimited racing!! I should have at least stayed and practice but it felt like everyone there wanted the other car to win just to see a viper lose to an import (there were a lot of imports). The s2000 wasn't stock it had a supercharger etc. on it guy told me it was making 350+ at the wheels. I still thought I should have taken him! Do you guys think its becuaes there was an 1/8th mile instead of a 1/4 mile??? Heres some pictures taken by someone else of my car there.....

You must be registered for see images

The cops went at it too but I missed it:

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky,

Here's a constructive way to look at it. The Viper is an awesome machine, but it requires a good bit of driving skill/ability IOT extract the performance it offers. Any ***** can get in a less powerful car, stab the throttle, and keep it pointed in a straight line. Once you have enough seat time and get the hang of modulating the power, you'll be able to have fun sucking the doors off other cars. You can't dump the clutch. Just practice launching smoothly whenever you can and have fun. Glad to see you're taking your snake out and enjoying it.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should've gotten yellow.

Actually, I don't think I'd be any better. It's tough learning how to drive these cars by simply making granny trips down to the Food Lion and back.

You must be registered for see images attach

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Practice, practice, practice.... your launch! :2tu:

And then get back to the track and smack that s200!

I agree with Tony, we need timeslips?
Did you run a 13.xx, or 14.xx?

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky:

John is correct. You cannot race prepare by driving to Food Lion. Unless you make the Kroger-Blockbuster-ACE Hardware circuit several times, you cannot prepare to race the ricers.

On a more serious note, my recall is that you have very low mileage on your Viper at this stage, and the guys against whom you were racing drive tricked out cars which they have raced many times. No shame in losing to them.

Alice & The Viper Blog

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
An S2000 is a very lightweight car. If it really had in excess of 300 WHP, it would probably run in the twelves, maybe even elevens. That's going to take a perfect launch to beat with an SRT (in the first eighth mile, anyway...)

Get some Kumhos.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is lots of advice here regarding the launch. But to answer your question, no you cannot launch at WOT. All you will do is smoke and wheel hop. Launch at mid throttle (about 3/4) and 2000 rpm or so and gradually increase throttle to keep wheel spin at a reasonable rate. Once it hooks up you can go WOT.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys!!! My first run was my best run lol...I think it was becuase I was confident I was going to take it and after that when I saw people laughing "The viper got beat by an s2k" I got anxious and the other run I did was just horible where I smoked the tires half way through the track! My first run I wasn't too bad on the spinning the tires...the s2k just got me right from the launch!!

There were no time slips, it was a "drag race" type event with a guy in the middle starting the races! No time slips or anything. I needed more then a 1/8th of a mile. The 1/4 mile track is sort of far from me and have too many rules!! Over here I was top down with passenger, no helmet or anything. Police were there monitoring it.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are assholes when it comes to driving your Viper here Ricky. They'll mock you, make fun of your driving, tell how their friends brothrs' sisters' cousins' '68 camaro could eat you up. All they wanna see is you lose, so just stay at it, practice, and make them eat their words. Don't take anything too seriously, cause honestly, they are jealous of the fact that you're young and have a better car than most of them ever will.

Nico

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are assholes when it comes to driving your Viper here Ricky. They'll mock you, make fun of your driving, tell how their friends brothrs' sisters' cousins' '68 camaro could eat you up. All they wanna see is you lose, so just stay at it, practice, and make them eat their words. Don't take anything too seriously, cause honestly, they are jealous of the fact that you're young and have a better car than most of them ever will.

Nico

:2tu:

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL the far viper :rolleyes:

Just joking with you Ricky. :D Fact of the matter is, even though you lost, who truly is the real winner? At the end of the race the guy in the S2000 got to drive home in a S2000 where you got to drive home in a Viper. :2tu:

On another note, have you ever driven a S2000? They are fun little cars. They are very Viper-like; they have no traction control and a spartan interior. One putting 350+ HP at the wheels must be an absolute blast to drive. Even the late Viper Competition Coupe driver, Paul Mumford, was building a supercharged S2000. While they may be around 1/3rd of the price of a Viper, they are still can put a big smile on your face as well as surprise a few people.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nico...Your right! One guy there did make that comment though...I'm like damn I really **** at this when I got back from the first race and the guys like "what does it matter you still have the nicest car" lol that made my loss a little better :D On another note I saw this picture posted on another forum I'm pretty sure its yours since 1) theres basically no vipers around here and 2) this one is black with black hre's and its garunteed that no one in BC has that!!

TCKTPLZ...I know I weas just messing around as well witht the eyes rolling ;) ! I've never driven a s2000 although after yesterday I would like to lol!

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My transport Driver says you locked the garage door. Come on, we need to take that car from you!!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a real easy fix for your woes and it looks like this

6400IMGP2335-med.JPG

with these you would of ruled that track!!!

vd..

are those kuhmo's?

Hey Ricky,
those are the BFG Drag Radials. As far as I know, they only come in 335-18". With your 19" rears, you're screwed when it comes to traction. I just got Bridgestone Potenza RE050A. Suppose to be much better for traction.

1882wheels-med.JPG

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whew...When I read your Topic,I thought maybe you got caught with a fat chick.........Why am I picturing Craig climbing the walls in his parents house,trying to post on this thread.....

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My very first time at the lights, I floored it and went up in smoke, didn't even break into the 12s. I knew better than to do that just from street starts, but I got all excited at the light, and forgot what I already knew. When I relaxed, I got into the 12s. The 1/4 mile tracks around here are so crowded, I got three runs in in 8 hours at the track, then decided I'd rather road race. (2-3 hours of track time per day, vs 36 seconds or so per day) I never went back to the 1/4 mile drags after that, takes too much time.

For now, just start almost like you would at a street light, relax, don't try so hard, just get it moving before you stomp on it. That alone will probably get you into the mid 12s. Later, you can hone your technique like Ron said.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My transport Driver says you locked the garage door. Come on, we need to take that car from you!!!!!

LOL I knew you sent the forces so I had to pull out the extra security and pad lock the garage!!! :D :D

On another note I was thinking it might be the run-CRAPs but then again it might just have been the track since it was done at an airport instead of a real track!! Either way it was disappointing so I will be practicing my technique a lot more!! Its true I was starting to get nverous and tahts probably why the car was burning rubber for 1/2 of the race!! (I think I got nervous because everyone decided to get real up close and personal with the track everytime the Viper was about to race lol :eek: )

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The run-craps do not help the situation.. Also did you get a good alignment? I had my car laser aligned by a guy who knew his stuff. The car reacts so much better out of the whole. He reduced the wheel hop alot......