TPS wire location

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking for the TPS wire for a Gen 1 viper. I was told to grab it off the drivers side TB but what wire should I use? I tried searching and was having issues.

Thanks in advance,
John

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
??? Shouldn't there there be 3 wires on the TPS? Even my old Daytona uses 3 or 4.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 3 wires, I need to know which one to tap for my WOT switch.

use an insulation piercing clip and voltmeter to check for the wire that shows a range of 0 to 4.5 volts when the throttle is depressed.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
use an insulation piercing clip and voltmeter to check for the wire that shows a range of 0 to 4.5 volts when the throttle is depressed.

According to my 96' RT service manual, the 5 volt supply wire is solid red. FYI, I looked on my car and the red actually looks orange.

Just for additional info, the other 2 wires are:

sensor ground: black/light blue
TPS signal: red/dark blue

OP
OP
I

isanti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hmm.... I checked my manual and it called the center wire (red/blk I think) the output wire so that is the one I used. It is used to check the TPS, I would assume the others are power and ground... I will know for sure when I test my controller in a couple of days.

Thanks,
John

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

I think you are right, my manual also states the center terminal wire. Let us know how it goes!

martyb