Track membership?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a new road coarse opening up here in Northern Kentucky just about 20 minutes from me. It looks to be a sweet setup. The membership dues are not to bad on a monthly basis and you get a lot of track time too. Anyway I am curious if anyone here has been a member of a track or know things I should look for and ask about before joining up. Drive Bluegrass.com - Home of Bluegrass Motorsports Park Here is the Link to the track. Any input would be greatly appreciated!:drive:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Northern IN, hoping to get out there with 10/10ths motorsports group.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Shandon if you need a cheering section in the stands I'm there :2tu: Looks like a cool place for sure.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going out to tour the track on January 31st. The front straight is 3200ft long wich is about 500ft longer than mid-ohio. Should be a speedy track.
Hey stretch if I join I will have a bunch of guest passes in the first year. That means maybe you can open that viper up a bit or bring your daily supercharged driver up. The track is the next exit up from Kentucky Speedway towards me. Im so excited I just cann't handle it! I will keep all posted, I have gotten to talk to the marketing director and had most questions I could think of answered.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going out to tour the track on January 31st. The front straight is 3200ft long wich is about 500ft longer than mid-ohio. Should be a speedy track.

that's awsome, I think the most I have done is around 135 in 4th on the back straight at MO, might be more there at the new track.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's awsome, I think the most I have done is around 135 in 4th on the back straight at MO, might be more there at the new track.

Yea I have crossed into the low 140's when I hit the Apex on that turn just before the straight correctly (whatever they call that turn) I have my own name for it :D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey stretch if I join I will have a bunch of guest passes in the first year. That means maybe you can open that viper up a bit or bring your daily supercharged driver up.

Oh man those are dangerous words :nono: :omg:

The daily driver may be supercharged but it's not in the same class as the Viper. However, 4 dd tires = 1 Viper rear tire, so there is the cost advantage.

Maybe I should spectate first and get to know the Viper a little more before I jump into track time. This is my first RWD car ever :2tu:

I am excited to see the place though and it will be nice that it's close.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man those are dangerous words :nono: :omg:

The daily driver may be supercharged but it's not in the same class as the Viper. However, 4 dd tires = 1 Viper rear tire, so there is the cost advantage.

Maybe I should spectate first and get to know the Viper a little more before I jump into track time. This is my first RWD car ever :2tu:

I am excited to see the place though and it will be nice that it's close.

ahhh No man, just leave any pride at the door (no embarassment). Nobodys racing each other, it would just be a good time especially if we went on a week day some time. Just drive like a ***** and open it up as you feel comfortable. Thats what I did the first Viper Days event. Poor instructor probably thought I was better suited for a civic with miss daisy in the back than a viper when I first went out with him:lmao:I was so scared of wrecking or something but then a point came were fear subsided to testoerone and the pedal reached the floor.....Ohhh Yeaaaa

Cool thing is members can take out passangers!

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey stretch if I join I will have a bunch of guest passes in the first year. That means maybe you can open that viper up a bit or bring your daily supercharged driver up. The track is the next exit up from Kentucky Speedway towards me. Im so excited I just cann't handle it! I will keep all posted, I have gotten to talk to the marketing director and had most questions I could think of answered.

I'd be glad to join you as well - on the side lines or using one of your guest passes :D:D:D:D:D!!!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon you need to come down to Louisville sometime and drive the loop in the country that FangZ usually drives. We met up to cruise one day and I followed him, it was fun :drive:

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon you need to come down to Louisville sometime and drive the loop in the country that FangZ usually drives. We met up to cruise one day and I followed him, it was fun :drive:

I hope that next time you won't fall back as far! ;)

VipeRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Shandon,glad your checking this track out,sounds like tons of fun!A.B. is installing 3:55 gears in my '08 and this would be a great place to try them out. Ray:drive:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that next time you won't fall back as far! ;)

Oh snap! I was definitely nervous going around some of those turns. And it was classic when we got done and you said "I normally take it faster" :omg:

Hopefully next time I'm more comfortable with the car.
Oh, and I have license plates now too :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Shandon,glad your checking this track out,sounds like tons of fun!A.B. is installing 3:55 gears in my '08 and this would be a great place to try them out. Ray:drive:

Tell Adam I said hi! Hes a great guy and most assuredly can be trusted to work on your Viper for anything! Your gonna get a kick out of those gears im sure! Let me know what you think of them. I stayed with the 3.07 in my quaife but was on the fence. Hope to meet you some time this spring/summer:2tu: