transmission option?

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If money is no object you can probably get the X – track gearbox they use in the racing cars for ALMS

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a 20K expenditure to do it correctly. John Donoto makes the adapters.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an automatic 6-speed sequential gearbox which is a direct bolt in for the Dodge Viper.
http://www.emcogears.com/dv46/

Well, I wouldn't call a manual gearbox that you have to shift gears an "automatic"; but, that is a cool $25,000? option for the right person and application. I was talking with a club member at the track the other day who has a sequential transmission in a comp coupe. I should have asked him to let me try it out ! LOL !

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Woodhouse did a conversion for a Viper crazy guy who was missing some necessary appendages needed to operate a manual. It was VERY expensive. Some others apparently have also.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/530452-automatic

Yep, he was in the KC club and passed away shortly before I joined it. I think it was essentially an old Mopar 727 adapted to bolt to the Viper engine. I think it might have had push button shift control, but I've never seen it in person, just pictures. Not necessarily a hard premise, just depends how you want to go about it. A 727 is tiny by today's auto transmission standards, so I wouldn't think you'd have much trouble stuffing one in the tunnel. You'd be giving up quite a bit of modern technology and advancements in trans tech to do it though. Either that or floor surgery to get something newer to fit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte