Trickle charger

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe means the power outlet in the console compartment. That is where I plug mine in as it is a unswitched outlet.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Maybe means the power outlet in the console compartment. That is where I plug mine in as it is a unswitched outlet.

Thanks GR8, you are probably correct and yes, you can plug into the outlet inside the glove box with a trickle charger. Offhand, we don't have any specific brand to recommend but there are probably several available. Anyone out there have any brand names to recommend?

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deltran Battery Tender Plus gets my vote.

I don't have mine plugged in to the accessory outlet (it's plugged in directly to my battery)

I use it on two of our cars and our FJR1300 motorcycle and when the vehicles aren't driven, they are on the battery tender.

Hope this helps. I have had no problems with any of the units or extension cords (Deltran cords) I use.

john srt 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schumacher makes a decent battery charger, available at many Napa dealers. Just make sure you buy one that is " automatic" or has an automatic mode. That way you wont ruin a good battery by overcharging.

John

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3 Black&Decker float chargers...Has a 1 amp and 2 amp switch plus you can connect it 3 ways..I use mine in the console outlet..Best money ever spent and I leave them on for 6+ months...Cost is about 21.00 at Walmart...Home depot...Kevin

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 3 Black&Decker float chargers...Has a 1 amp and 2 amp switch plus you can connect it 3 ways..I use mine in the console outlet..Best money ever spent and I leave them on for 6+ months...Cost is about 21.00 at Walmart...Home depot...Kevin

I have those as well. One burnt out on me, but was years old. As mentioned, they come with three connectors (alligator clips, lighter plug, and wires you can hardwire into your battery posts/external connecting location). It seems to be the most economical if you need the flexibility of different connections.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,On my ford gts i can plug it in cell outlet. Can i do that on a new gen 4, if so any brands come to mind. Thanks, Crayne.
On my Gen 4 I always keep the Deltran battery maintainer connected to the 12 v. plug in the center console. You can keep the window almost up to let the cord out. DONT use a trickle charger as you can over charge your battery if left on. The maintainer will bring it up to the proper voltage and then maintain that voltage. Google Deltran battery tender for the best price. They are not expensive but work great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456