Trunk release problem

brifri11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

Its not a huge deal but when I hit my trunk release button on my key fob, my trunk pops up a bit but I cant open it fully. I have to press the button and pull up to open it at the same time. So its annoying when the car is running I have to shut it off, bring the fab with me and open it and the same time I press the button.

Anybody else have this problem or know of a solution?

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem,I just sprayed some WD-40 oil on the latch area and it did the job , clicked oped on the first shot.

OP
OP
B

brifri11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is no finger pad on the hatch, if its on yours I'm guessing they added it for the 08s. But anywho, thanks wiretech, that solved the problem. Works like a charm now. Thanks!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...did not know that. Mine does the same thing on my '08, so I have to lift up with either pressing the fob or the finger pad. I'll try oiling the mechanism to see if that helps.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Steve M, I have been told that due to the heavy hatch on 2006 coupes and the reported failure rate of the motor, the design was changed on Gen IV's...so you get lock release with Gen IV coupes but no pop-up. Others may have a better explanation.

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine ***** on my 08 as well. I have to push the pad as hard as I can to get it to release.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try adjusting the rubber bump stops on the trunk. They simply unscrew if i remember right. This will pop the trunk up past the latch.
You will see them if you look long enough. They might be on the body, or there on the trunk, to lazy to go out and check. This will fix your issue.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try adjusting the rubber bump stops on the trunk. They simply unscrew if i remember right. This will pop the trunk up past the latch.
You will see them if you look long enough. They might be on the body, or there on the trunk, to lazy to go out and check. This will fix your issue.

This ^ should be all you need to do!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has been that way since it was new, but only in colder weather. Never have a problem in the summer. -doesn't bug me that much as the gas pedal still works fine. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte