Two Questions about almost new cars

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does any one know why this car has not sold or is it just the color? Does any one have any good pictures of this color?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Dodg...1QQcmdZViewItem

There is a dealership with a Red and silver striped coupe for sale with 800 miles on it. They want 66,600 for the car. They said it was a demo bought from Chrysler. Does any one know what that means or what they would of used it for?

Thanks Jerry

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't imagine that they would use that color scheme for a Skip Barber car, but apparently those are running around. I personally like the ebay car with stripes.

However, I did a test ride in a Skip Barber demo car at Dover during the Nascar race. I wouldn't get near one of them as those things are run hard for every mile on the clock. I would take a track car over it, frankly. As they don't get above 50 mph on a tight auto-cross like course and are bent 6 ways to Sunday.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At all the SRT events Ive been at, Skip Barber guys were there. Never saw the Copperhead Coupe at a event. I did see and drive a Copperhead Vert at one of the events. I would just bet the Ebay ad was a for a car someone got tired of.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I verified that car (red/silver) was a skip barber srt car, delivering dealer is in the Sebring FL area and I spoke to the service mamager. I've seen at least 3 of these cars on autotrader, vin #'s are all close. I might of bought it until I found the history I ended up buying a new red/silver at woodhouse.

I've got to believe the copperhead wasn't at an SRT event

OP
OP
V

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is kind of what I thought. Thanks for the info. I would love to buy that yellow with silver stripes from Woodhouse but if I have to spend that kind of money I will wait for an 08. I just don't think the resale on the 06 is going to be that good unless it is a VCA OR VOI9. I just sold my yellow 01 GTS and it is going to NC next week. My garage will look funny with out a Viper in it.
I have seen some Gen 2 selling for more than a Gen 3. I sold mine for 1g and 23k miles more 3 years later.
Thanks again for the info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS