UK Viper Question

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would anyone be able to tell me why the stock Vipers that can be bought in the UK are rated at 380hp? Does it have something to do with import laws? (I kinda want to know just why they're in-conflict with import laws as well, if they are)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the poorer fuel, never had any problems with the US spec over here

OP
OP
G

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, that answered all my questions.

I just have one more. If it were "possible" to bring lets say a TVR Tuscan or some other British car to the US, would they gain 50-60 horsepower? Or are they designed from the ground-up so as not to need the restrictors?

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, is the UK Spec Viper a right or left hand drive car? One of these days I'd like to move back to Australia and I can't imagine living without my GTS. I could, however, imaging buying a right-hand drive car and importing that one instead, if such a car exists.

A.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Left hand drive, factory never made R.H.

There's 1 R.H. Viper...a guy in Australia had a conversion done, I think it cost him about 30k, they took the car almost back to just chassis and started from there swapping it all over and refabricating.

It's illegal to have a L.H drive in Aus is it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21