"Un-lowering" a GTS

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for the suspension experts. My car is slammed with Eiback springs and lowering caps.

What do I need to do in order to raise just the rear back up and put a little more "rake" on the car? Do I replace just the springs? Or just the Caps? Or do I have to do both?

Can I put Gen II ACR springs on my current set up to raise and stiffen the rear?

TIA

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but having done both just a week ago I can offer some insight:

The spring caps typically give you between 1/4"-1/2" and I think Eibachs are good for 3/4" and my Intrax are good for 1" (all over stock). Depending on how much you want to raise it swap out those pieces accordingly. I have no idea how much lower the ACR springs are over stock, but I do know a guy here whose car sits nice and low with his stock ACR shocks adjusted. If you look at my "Cut My Springs" thread you can see the difference (with a tape measure pictures) between stock caps and lowering caps. If you're looking for a little bump that may be the way to go. Or just go back to stock springs with the lowering caps to raise it about 3/4".

I thought we were slammed brothers!? You're raisin' it back up?! IS IT MY FAULT!?

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but having done both just a week ago I can offer some insight:

The spring caps typically give you between 1/4"-1/2" and I think Eibachs are good for 3/4" and my Intrax are good for 1" (all over stock). Depending on how much you want to raise it swap out those pieces accordingly. I have no idea how much lower the ACR springs are over stock, but I do know a guy here whose car sits nice and low with his stock ACR shocks adjusted. If you look at my "Cut My Springs" thread you can see the difference (with a tape measure pictures) between stock caps and lowering caps. If you're looking for a little bump that may be the way to go. Or just go back to stock springs with the lowering caps to raise it about 3/4".

I thought we were slammed brothers!? You're raisin' it back up?! IS IT MY FAULT!?

LOL, no. :rolaugh: I like it low. Its a tire issue.

I picked up some 20s. I want to run PS2s on the rear and they will scrub at the height my car sits now. I want to add a little bit of rake anyway. So I think adding the ACR springs will kill 2 birds with one stone. :2tu:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL, no. :rolaugh: I like it low. Its a tire issue.

I picked up some 20s. I want to run PS2s on the rear and they will scrub at the height my car sits now. I want to add a little bit of rake anyway. So I think adding the ACR springs will kill 2 birds with one stone. :2tu:

20s, eh? Another person to be jealous of! Whatcho get?

The above-mentioned friend has 19" HREs on his car and has no problems with the stock ACR shocks. triblk6spd, if you get on here, if you know your sidewall height and your shock adjustments you may chime in to see if that will cure Red Snake's woes.

OP
OP
R

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20s, eh? Another person to be jealous of! Whatcho get?

The above-mentioned friend has 19" HREs on his car and has no problems with the stock ACR shocks. triblk6spd, if you get on here, if you know your sidewall height and your shock adjustments you may chime in to see if that will cure Red Snake's woes.

They only make the 20" (rear) PS2s in one size and it's too tall for my lowered stance. I have 19s on the front and they are fine.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try putting stockers back on. I think it will solve your problem, but if not just put hydraulics on the car........................

:D :D :D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh. Let's think this through.

The Eibachs are stiffer than stock, so putting stock springs in the rear will make it push.
The ACR springs won't work on non-ACR shocks. ACRs came with adjustable shocks, so the ends of the springs are flat. The ends of the OEM springs are not.
You could put the ACR springs and shocks on the rear, but then it would be "loose" because the ACR springs are stiffer than the Eibachs.

I kind of like putting the regular spring caps back on, and while you do it, measure the size of the "washers" you might need to boost the spring seat higher in case the stock caps don't raise it enough. The will be something like 3" OD and 2.5" ID washers.

Good luck, but realize the front-rear springs are supposed to be a balanced pair. Changing ride height is fine, but changing spring rate is doing two things at once.