V8 in a Viper??

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone on board has replaced V10 with a V8. If the V10 will fit the V8 shouldnt have any space constraints. Wondering if its ever been done?

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MY GOODNESS WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO SUCH A THING?
confused.gif
laugh.gif

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Sir Hiss is a V8 of disputed origin (dodge or gm).
laugh.gif

That leads me to ask if they ever decided whether or not it was a Dodge one off block or a big GM. The owner feverently claims it's a one off Dodge block but another fellow up in the Mass area claims it was a GM. I never heard what the deal was with it, but I do know Sir Hiss is one monster Viper.

Any info on this past discussion?

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can tell you from personel experience Sirr Hiss is definetly Mopar,the block was an early dodge test motor, it may not be a 10 cyl,but it is pure Mopar,i have personally examined motor from top to bottom

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grayman:
Just curious if anyone on board has replaced V10 with a V8. ...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is like dumping Britney Spears in favor of Hillary Clinton.
laugh.gif

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Red"><FONT size="6">VIPER = V10</FONT s></FONT c>

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Archer is racing a V-8 Viper in the SCCA T1 class that was reported on in the last issue of Viper Quarterly.
I know this has been a hot topic in the past concerning the Hiss car but VIPER = V-10 and nothing else.
The other freeks should simply be ignored.
Just my 2 cents.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Why not one of those S2000 I4s instead? Put it in the SRT and you'll have a car that looks AND performs like the Camaro.

....you sick bugger

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, there are a number of interesting engine swaps:

1) LS-6 Chevy - 300 lbs weight reduction and more weight on rear axle.

2) Any mega big block. 1000 HP for pennies comparied to Viper V10 with $1100 main bearings.

3) My Favorite: Valconer V12 based on Chevy 400 SB. 600 inches and something like 800 HP NA and probably at least 100 POUNDS LIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turbo version available. $75,000 base price. (The did put on in a Corvette and it is in the Corvette Museum.)

=================================================

I don't like V10's. Never did, never will. ...and I don't care that Ferrari uses them in F1.

V12 is THE ultimate automotive engine. The smoothness and sound cannot be duplicated with anything less.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, if you dislike V10s then there will be many really cool upcoming supercars that you will also have problems with very soon.

BMW's next M5 will be getting a 500HP V10, and the upcoming Lamborghini will produce their "baby" Murcielago as the Gallardo with 4WD and a 5L, 500HP V10, and my favorite will be the upcoming Porsche Carrera GT with a 558HP V10 also mounted midship.

These will be among the best and fastest supercars out later this year and early next year, and they will all have V10s (and 500HP or better).

As far as abborations go, there is a modified C4 Corvette with a Grand National V6 installed that runs 9.7 sec. 1/4 mile times!

The Viper's V10 motor is one of the things that makes it unique.
And I'm happy that it's not a car for everyone's tastes.

-Dean.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo