Valentine One

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own four, two hard wired, two plug in to lighter outlet. Defintely the only way to go. Check ebay.

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own four, two hard wired, two plug in to lighter outlet. Defintely the only way to go. Check ebay.

Just bought a valentine. Be careful on ebay to check the serial number and cost of upgrading it. The upgrade costs are sometimes around $180 - $290 dollars. It might be better to just get a new one which is up to date.

I love it. Best purchase so far...... Next to the Viper of course.

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do a search, this has been discussed many many times. Once you get use to using the arrows on the V1 its hard to ever go back. Some people don't like the $400 price tag. That’s the only negative.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It amazes me that no one else has made a better one.

It keeps coming out on top.

I don't really open up my car that much. ;) but when I do its nice to know that someone isn't locked on to you.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone use one, or even better, has anyone hardwired one?

You may know this already but it is not much good with the instant on radar. Where they have the gun pointed at you and then turn it on. By the time the radar goes off it is already too late.

I have gotten this more than once unfortunately with a couple nice big tickets.

OP
OP
S

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the instant on situation you hope to catch straying waves of other targets before you actually get to the radar. In the situation where you are the only one on the road at the time, you are probably toast!

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just received my valentine 1 tonight. Followed Ron's tips and now I've got a hardwired lean, mean, police find'in, radar detecting machine. :D :D

Thanks a million Ron. I didn't use the top of the mirror mount, I found the suction cups are just fine. Also, my valentine power source piece already had a fuse on it. Total cost (excluding the valentine) was $1.50 from Radio Shack. Of course I already had the 2 connectors and a piece of wire.

Great work - Thanks. :D :usa:

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used it for 1 week now. Had a Passport 8500 before.
The Valentine makes so many fake warnings I hardly pay attention to the [******] thing. Not impressed at all. And yes, I got it on the least sensitive setting. One should be able to disable the X band completely. Kind of annoying. Anybody need one ?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Valentine is a great detector but has the same problem as all detectors - instant on radar detection. State troopers here in Iowa have taken it to an art form, and unfortunately, I got painted last month and the only thing the Valentine told me was that I was busted.

Has anybody had any experience with the radar jammers?

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had one for the last 3 months RMR-C302. Got a ticket in my Truck with it. Police officer did not have a lock - but estimated my speed.

The Valentine at least gives you "more" information about potential bogeys. From everything that I have read - and it's a lot - the passive "scramblers" just don't work. They are less sensitive and don't provide what they say they do.

Active "jammers" are illegal.

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Pilot Ryan,

Your City and State, and X-band location would be helpful with your comment about X-band. Unless that's top secret?

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Valentine is about 1-1/2 years old, is there an upgrade available in the last year? How often does Valentine upgrade?
Thanks

OP
OP
S

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call or go onto web site and they will tell you if the upgrade should be done at this time. I just had mine done mine was 3 yrs old. Pilot Ryan, sometimes if you are near areas with lots of glass or large builings you get "reflections" of signal off of these objects makeing it appear as if there are more radar sources.

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had one for the last 3 months RMR-C302. Got a ticket in my Truck with it. Police officer did not have a lock - but estimated my speed.

The Valentine at least gives you "more" information about potential bogeys. From everything that I have read - and it's a lot - the passive "scramblers" just don't work. They are less sensitive and don't provide what they say they do.

Active "jammers" are illegal.

Estimate, ESTIMATE!? How exactly does that work? How accurate by law do you have to be? How do you prove it was accurate enough. Seems like a lawyer could have some fun with that, but then who knows. Estimate the cops IQ then.

Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960