Valve cover baffle foam

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I converted over to G3 intake and valve covers awhile ago. I'm doing a catch can setup and while taking the covers off and disassembling everything I found that one side does not have the foam under the baffle. Originally, it didn't have a baffle either but i called up Scharfs and they sent it to me as it was suppose to be there. But, I didn't know about the foam underneath it being a G2 guy. What is everyone doing with this foam when they do catch can setups? Do I need it? Just checking before I call and ask them to send me one.

Paul Scharf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just talked to my man, there is that "yellow" colored pad, kinda like a piece of scotch bright. The purpose of that is to separate the oil as it works it's way through from the gas fumes, if you are using a catch can that takes over that job. If you want I can send you one, we have one sitting on the bench, but I don't think you need it. Hopefully that helps!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I left my foam in there. I figure if it catches even some of the oil before it makes it to the catch can, that's less often I have empty to can.

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked to my man, there is that "yellow" colored pad, kinda like a piece of scotch bright. The purpose of that is to separate the oil as it works it's way through from the gas fumes, if you are using a catch can that takes over that job. If you want I can send you one, we have one sitting on the bench, but I don't think you need it. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks Paul, I called up and talked to Ryan. He will be sending me out a foam piece.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4