VCA friends are great! LONG!

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to publicly thank all those VCA members who called or emailed me with concern for me and my family during the hurricane. I am near the coast in Lake Charles and we got VERY lucky indeed. As we began to pack all of our irreplaceables, I received calls from Dan Black, Jason Givens, Dolph Williams, and Prashant Patel to name a few to see if they could be of assistance. Dolph even saved a hotel room for me a head of time. The problem was our animals. We have 4 dogs and a Vietnamese ***-bellied pig. YES, you read right...a pig (and I don't live on a farm or rural area). Hotels don't look kindly towards animals so my options were limited. We had planned to start driving and sleep in my race trailer until Prashant called. He opened up his home to us (me, my wife, son and my mother AND ALL THE ANIMALS!) for a couple of days. Please note, he is not an animal lover. He was patient and concerned and made my family feel at home. I will never forget his generosity and compassion. We just made it home and are safe and sound with no real damage to speak of here. Being a Viper owner has in itself been exciting and rewarding for the last four years but the friends I made along the way far exceed the experience of Viper ownership. Today is my birthday and I couldn't ask for a better present than these friends! Thanks again for all of your concern.
Now lets get back to Viper business!

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Jason!
smile.gif

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason...

Happy Birthday and glad you and your family(and extended family
smile.gif
) finally made it back home. I noticed your bidding on the VOI banner on ebay and backed off hoping that you would get it. I did find out that the party that won the auction is a Viper owner of quite a few years.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the birthday wish, picflight.

cstegall,
Yes, I found out the same.
Thanks for thoughtfulness though.
I am very glad it found a home within the VCA though.
Sorry I missed getting introduced to you at VOI.
I heard you were there only after it was over. So many
to meet...maybe VOI8?

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, you should send that VROD up here for safe keeping.....
wink.gif

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VRod made it fine, Michael. I just wish I had more time to put some miles on it. It is barely broken in. You could have taken care of it for me while I was evacuating!
Maybe next hurricane!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

You are on for "8"...sorry I missed you last week. Grew up in Delhi,La.(East of Monroe)and took the Viper thru there on the way back to DFW. Was a real hoot to see the reaction to the car in such a small town...great way to end the VOI experience
smile.gif

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy birthday Jason! Now about this pig thing......why in the world didn't I know about this? Prashant told me when you were on the way, that you were even bringing your *** bellied pig, and I thought he was just trying to make fun of you or something, as usual. I thought it was a joke. Now I see he was telling the truth. You can never tell w/ that guy.
smile.gif

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was glad to help out in any way that I could, even taking on the PIG!. After the whole experience I will let you guys know that I feel that a pig does not make a bad pet, It was like watching a national geographic show on domesticated spoiled farm animals. Wilbur has got it good!
It was fun and I am glad everything is safe at home.

Reaction score
Glad you made it home safely Jason. Happy late b-day but I did leave you a voicemail! You could never replace you guys!!

P.S. please tell me you got some pictures of Prashant holding the pig? There's a reward if so remember?
wink.gif