VCA MEMBERS PLEASE READ - WINDOW STICKERS

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devil's advocate says: If (in the future) a owner purports to have the (so called) original window sticker and it is a reprint, goes to sell under this guise, is the car worth the same as one with the actual as delivered window sticker, more? less?
Provenance, and the documentation to back it up with, is important in this hobby, would you care if the documentation is original or not? Just a thought.

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody,
Do you know where that broadcast sheet would be stashed in the car (or if it even would be hidden in the car like it was in the old days) ?
It's interesting because original broadcast sheets seem to be the Holy Grail of paperwork for collectable Mopars right now. Maybe that's because window stickers got thrown away or lost back in the day by their owners when they got their car home, etc. (or by the dealer after purchase, whatever), while the broadcast sheets were stashed under seats, glove box, headliner, carpet or wherever and generally stayed there.
Right now there are places that will recreate window stickers or fendertags for your classic Mopar that are ringers for the originals (and that seems to be "accepted"), but the big no-no is "faking" a broadcast sheet.

Also, just wondering if anybody would really know or care 30 years from now if the window sticker was created 5 or whatever years later after the "original" when it was printed on an identical printer with original data with no text that said "reprint" or equivalent. It would probably be really hard, if not impossible, to tell the difference and the person who owns that Viper 5 owners down the line wouldn't even know if it was original or not when he sold it.
Thanks,
Mike

UK Viper Nigel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in.

As a UK owner with a US imported 93 Viper and a number previous owners I've got no hope of finding out who the original dealer was or what happened to the original sticker.

:headbang:

Nigel

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you are a member and have your VIN registered with the VCA it will be a great idea.....
Got mine from a very helpfull dealer :2tu: :headbang:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a VCA member, but am willing to do whatever it takes to get mine finally!

WHY NOT.......27 CENTS per day!

Tom, excellent idea, and as you stated with a new board and the potential for someone to make some money.........hopefully the powers that be will make it happen!

I have my original, but my selling dealer sold out the dealership to another automotive group.

I would gladly buy an additional one though

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I've got no hope of finding out who the original
dealer was or what happened to the original sticker.

Actually a dealership can print you out a VIP report that
will list the selling dealership and all warranty repairs
on your specific VIN. Tator got one for me back in the day
and I'm sure could get one on request (I'm not sure if a fee
is associated, but knowing DCX there probably is.) That's
how I found out John at Roanoke originally sold my car and
I've been slowly trying to find the original buyer.

So for the window sticker reproduction I am all for it,
but as a documented copy - not the original. I feel bad
that people have lost theirs over time due to events beyond
their control, but that's what make original stickers so
valuable - it would be a great injustice to those people
who have worked hard to hold on to their originals. That's
the whole reason why classic car window stickers hold so
much value.

I think a "VCA Special Reproduction" would hold a tab bit
more value than a "copy" but in no way should we mettle in
re-producing originals.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me go one step ahead!! If someone on this board has a 1996 Blue/White GTS model and the last 3 digits end in 623 AND the car was sold in Columbus Ohio, I have your original window sticker and would be glad to give it to you!

In 96 I was fortunate enough to be one of the Viper Owners who got to order one of these. Well I ordered it through the dealer who put the royal screws to me and made it practilly impossible for me to buy this when it arrived and lied to me out and out. One thing I did take from the car was the original window sticker because it was printed right on the sticker that this car was made especially for ---My Name ----!! The dealer already had it sold for $5,000 above sticker before I even knew it hit the ground. Don't know where it ever went to. Maybe somone on here will be lucky!!

A1998

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will post pictures of what they look like, but it might not help because the most likely broadcast sheets are not in the cars.

It takes awhile to post pics on this site so please hang in there and I'll get them up as fast as I can. :curse:

Cody,
Do you know where that broadcast sheet would be stashed in the car (or if it even would be hidden in the car like it was in the old days) ?
It's interesting because original broadcast sheets seem to be the Holy Grail of paperwork for collectable Mopars right now. Maybe that's because window stickers got thrown away or lost back in the day by their owners when they got their car home, etc. (or by the dealer after purchase, whatever), while the broadcast sheets were stashed under seats, glove box, headliner, carpet or wherever and generally stayed there.
Right now there are places that will recreate window stickers or fendertags for your classic Mopar that are ringers for the originals (and that seems to be "accepted"), but the big no-no is "faking" a broadcast sheet.

Also, just wondering if anybody would really know or care 30 years from now if the window sticker was created 5 or whatever years later after the "original" when it was printed on an identical printer with original data with no text that said "reprint" or equivalent. It would probably be really hard, if not impossible, to tell the difference and the person who owns that Viper 5 owners down the line wouldn't even know if it was original or not when he sold it.
Thanks,
Mike

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the original window stickers for my '02 FE GTS and my '06 FE SRTC framed and hanging in my garage. Both say that the car was built especially for me. I do not have the sticker for my '96 GTS and would really like to get one, so count me in.

Bob K

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are pictures of documents & reports that the factory would have used to build 2002 vipers.....

Window Sticker or Monroney.

DSC04235.JPG

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No guarantees at this point, however your National officers are aware of this and are already making the proper inquiries in Detroit...

Stay tuned and cross your fingers!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took down the pics of the travelers package becasue that is not what this thread is about. So sorry.

Lets hope Chris and company can get this done! This will be huge.....

Is there anything I can do to help?

Mr B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in. For at least the two previously-owned Vipers. Great idea for display on the other ones.

Thanks for your extra efforts, Chris!

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No guarantees at this point, however your National officers are aware of this and are already making the proper inquiries in Detroit...

Stay tuned and cross your fingers!

Thanks Chris, if anyone here can make it happen I think its you. :2tu:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer gave me a printout on my SRT 10 Ram that was very thorough on the build info such as build time, date, factory, colors, engine info, trans, & all of the #'s that would make an SRT 10 Ram. It also had the delivery info as to the dealer & final destination.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could be a very good extra source of income for the national club. Someone please look in to this and see if it can even be done. I'll pay $200 for the one I need.

I think it's a great idea. However, I found the above post troubling. A VCA officer, talking about generating income for the club, mentions what I would consider a very high price he would be willing to pay? Or setting a benchmark the rest of us could be expected to pay to help fill the admitted needs for VCA income? Bring the price down, a lot, and you could count me in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi