Very near future mods

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My viper hasnt even been delivered yet and im already making a small list of mods i want lol. .
current mods:
full headers back b&b exhaust
smooth tubes & kn filters
eibach springs
short shifter
gen 3 big brakes
ccw sp600s

Mods im thinking about
3:33 gears (or 3:55s?)
1.7 harlond sharp roller rockers
aluminum radiator?
sct tune?

do these mods im thinking about doing make sense to be next after my current mods and am i over looking anything? also which gears for these cars and do you really feel them that much if i only went to 3.33s?

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My suggestion:

1) Change all fluids.
2) Replace Power Steering Pump Pulley & Bracket. (Both are prone to breaking without warning and will leave you stranded on the side of the road)
3) Pin Harmonic Crank Damper Bolt. (There have been a lot of engine rebuilds because of the crank bolt coming lose)
4) Replace Motor Mounts. (Woodhouse mounts are the best IMHO)
5) Get Power Sterring Vent Tube.
6) Heater Hose Clamp - (Many of the OEM crimp style hose clamps used at the water valve "creep" with time/pressure. I recommended that you add a standard screw-type hose clamp on the valve while leaving the OEM one in place)
7) Replace the Fuel Filter
8) If over 30k, I would replace the fuel pump. (Walbro 255LPH would be good for you) Anyone can chime in if they do not agree.
9) SCT Tune (Worth the money IMHO)
10) Replace Spark Plugs.
11) I have 3:55 gears and love them. I have never had the pleasure to test out the 3:33.

That will keep you busy for awhile.

Rev

Last edited:

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My suggestion:

6) Heater Hose Clamp - (Many of the OEM crimp style hose clamps used at the water valve "creep" with time/pressure. I recommended that you add a standard screw-type hose clamp on the valve while leaving the OEM one in place)

Rev

Which heater hose clamp?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a 98 with 30k miles on it. I also have a taller tire on it 345/30/19s so the gears are even taller..did you feel a decent difference when you went to 3:55s from stock? How its out cruising and do you lose allot of to speed?... 1.7 roller rockers a good mod?

My suggestion:

1) Change all fluids.
2) Replace Power Steering Pump Pulley & Bracket. (Both are prone to breaking without warning and will leave you stranded on the side of the road)
3) Pin Harmonic Crank Damper Bolt. (There have been a lot of engine rebuilds because of the crank bolt coming lose)
4) Replace Motor Mounts. (Woodhouse mounts are the best IMHO)
5) Get Power Sterring Vent Tube.
7) Replace the Fuel Filter
8) If over 30k, I would replace the fuel pump. (Walbro 255LPH would be good for you) Anyone can chime in if they do not agree.
9) SCT Tune (Worth the money IMHO)
10) Replace Spark Plugs.
11) I have 3:55 gears and love them. I have never had the pleasure to test out the 3:33.

That will keep you busy for awhile.

Rev

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would change the fuel filter, but hold off on the pump unless you're looking at going FI in the future. 30K miles on a pump isn't a lot and I'm sure it's got plenty of life left.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would change the fuel filter, but hold off on the pump unless you're looking at going FI in the future. 30K miles on a pump isn't a lot and I'm sure it's got plenty of life left.

After about 15 years, the pump gets kinda nasty. Just a suggestion as fuel and oil is the life of any car.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of used sp600 and they came with a spare brand new front rim. If your buying your set brand new and going with a 19x10 front rim I cam save you 200 bucks. 560 shipped for it. It is brand new, never a tire mounted, flat center cap option. It is just collecting dust in my families garage. The wheel sells for 695 plus shipping new.

OP
OP
A

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of used sp600 and they came with a spare brand new front rim. If your buying your set brand new and going with a 19x10 front rim I cam save you 200 bucks. 560 shipped for it. It is brand new, never a tire mounted, flat center cap option. It is just collecting dust in my families garage. The wheel sells for 695 plus shipping new.
thanks for the offer but i already got em on the car in satin black

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not to high jack but where is the best place to order ccw sp600?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With those oversize wheels, I'd go 3:55. Forget changing the pump, do change the filter. Don't waste your money on Harland Sharp rockers. A) they are poor quality B) the hp difference is minimal. The B&B cat back sounds great but drones. As suggested change ALL the fluids, using care to use the correct factory numbers on the tranny and diff in particular. The Gen II's smoke the diff fluid at 10K miles.

Aluminum radiators in general gain you nothing but headaches on the Viper, most if not all eventually leak and fail.......do a search. Gen III brakes are a great choice, cheap and factory bulletproof. Short shifter is a great idea, really just an MGW shift knob makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog