VIN's

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this. I just picked up a 99 GTS and the Vin is 503947. I thought the last vin for 99 was 503946. I have read that was the last vin in a few different web sites but I know how you can't believe everything on the web. lol Thanks

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure, but the 10th digit tells the year and in your case it should be X for 99'. I believe the numbers are little weird because they shared the line with the Prowler that year.

OP
OP
D

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I always thought like other vehicles there was a beginning and an end. I know with the Prowler it makes things a little difficult but I thought that the vin # 503946 was the last one used. I find it odd they would jump all around. You would think there would be some kind of order. I do appreciate the reply.

V

VCA Forum Staff

Couple points, they do jump around, VINS have never been sequential except for a couple of rare special series. And back in the day they were mixed with Prowler VIN's. The International Viper Registry does list 946 as the last known VIN but if you will note that number is footnoted to mention that is an estimate. So it would seem that you have extended the known range by one number. We will copy the author and he probably will want to update to your number being the last known VIN.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the numbers do jump around. I have all 27 vins on a list of when my '94 emerald green w/tan interior was made. They were a special combo run in '94 and none of them are sequential... like you I thought maybe they would be. :dunno: