VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

This thread has saved me money!

I used to have to actually buy sedatives to put my asss to sleep each night....

(has anyone done any temp or track testing yet???)

Uh....uhoh. I just put myself to slepzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelly and Eddy,

Looks like you two are made for eachother. One knows nothing and the other wants to know nothing.

Shelly, do you work for a publicly traded company? I think we would like to make some money by shorting that stock. With brain dead people like you working there we could probably all make a fortune by selling short.

You guys crack me up. Keep up the good work.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Russ,
What's going on with the dyno testing part 2?

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HUGE NEWS CONCERNING VIPAIR!!!!!!!!!

..........I just saved a bunch of money by switching my
car insurance to GEICO.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's going on with the dyno testing part 2?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RussM is planning to dyno before the 1st of November, he is as we speak doing the Gtech pro tests but is being very careful not to be caught racing against himself in california. When he does re dyno the graphs should look like this
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The runs in the first graph show the power difference between, with and without, dropping to a small difference at the high end.

The runs in the second graph show the, with and without, difference being largest at highest rpm.

I would expect to see the curves looking like the second graph if the Vipair was getting more air into the engine.
The device would be most effective under high air flow requirement conditions.

I wonder why they don't look the same.

The top graph shows runs #5 and #7.
You wouldn't happen to have the other runs would you?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe117,

The top graph is the one supplied by GTSnake and the bottom graph is the set of runs I did. The graphs probably look a little different because GTSnake dyno'd the version 1 VIPAIR™ that had half the opening size of the Version 2 which is what we now sell and is what is reflected in the bottom graph, we also upgraded all the V1's to V2 for free, including shipping for all those that bought Version 1. Probably one of the reasons that we have 100% customer satisfaction.

Steve

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't see any reason why your version 1 or 2 would make any difference in the basic shape of the graph.

If your device works at all it would work best at high rpm because that's where the engine need's the air most.

I'm glad you have 100% customer satisfaction.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did some temp testing Sunday. Ambient was about 56deg.

I placed a remote temp pickup in the mouth of the airbox, and the main unit was in the car with me.

Inlet air temp variance at 50 mph? 2 degrees!

With or without the OEM access panel in place, inlet air temps stayed between 56-58deg. :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you are saying that the temp in the intake was the same as outside air?
Could you please spell that out a little for me?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

T-h-e s-a-m-e.

At least on a 56deg day.

Maybe on an 85 degree day results would be different...

Remote temp probe mounting wire was taped to floor of the mouth of the airbox. The probe itself was nicely up in the airstream.

Maybe I should have positioned it further over to the side, and not in back of the NACA duct.. I'll try that next time.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about that!
You made a measurment and the results show that there is no need for Vipair.

Getting real world, on the road, data like this, is the only way to really evaluate this.

Thanks.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about that!

Getting real world, on the road, data like this, is the only way to really evaluate this.

Thanks.

Does this mean thast your crusade is over.I guess we need to call D.C and tell them that there wind tunnel testing on this theory and the SRT10 design was in vain,boy are they gonna be pissed.But eventually they will probably thank you for your efforts to save them any future testing with this useless theory :D

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"How about that!

Getting real world, on the road, data like this, is the only way to really evaluate this."

:confused: :confused:

I would hardly call this conclusive... Try putting the temp guage in the side of the air-box where the Vipair actually routes the air.

Jason

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipermed says,
"Does this mean thast your crusade is over.I guess we need to call D.C and tell them that there wind tunnel testing on this theory and the SRT10 design was in vain,boy are they gonna be pissed.But eventually they will probably thank you for your efforts to save them any future testing with this useless theory"

Thanks for the input.
Please let me know what you think of the temperature measurements made by FE065.

I don't see how an air deflector device could make more power if the intake air is already at the same temperature as the outside air.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the air going into the box is the same as outside air, how will Vipair improve on this?

Do you have data from your measurements showing that the above measurement is not valid?

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am rooting for VIPAIR!!!

VIPAIR!

VIPAIR!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AND, if someone is taking temperature measurements on the input and output, with two different probes, better make sure they are calibrated against a known source before making any statements. Sensors can be off.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

500th reply!!!! :2tu: :headbang:
This thread refuses to die.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't believe I missed being post 500!

I need to be more alert for #600!

:2tu: :usa: :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JOE 117,

WHY IN THE HECK DO WE DYNO WITH AND WITHOUT PRODUCTS INSTALLED??

MAYBE YOU SHOULD START TELLING PEOPLE THAT DLM SUPERCHARGERS DON"T WORK CAUSE ALL HE HAS IS DYNO GRAPHS TO PROVE THAT HIS SYSTEMS WORK INSTEAD OF JOKE117 APPROVED TESTING METHODS!

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good afternoon everyone! Beautiful day here in Virginia Beach. 70 degrees, little to no humidity with a slight wind out of the northeast.

Went to ******* for lunch. Got the Cobb Salad and replaced the fried chicken with grilled. Whats everyone else having?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good afternoon everyone! Beautiful day here in Virginia Beach. 70 degrees, little to no humidity with a slight wind out of the northeast.

Went to ******* for lunch. Got the Cobb Salad and replaced the fried chicken with grilled. Whats everyone else having?

I had spaghetti with meat sauce myself. So hot I had to wait a few minutes for it to cool before I could eat it. Thought about wedging the plate in my airbox behind the Vipair and letting the cool air do the trick, but then I saw the latest posts and realized I was just as well off waving the plate around over my head. Plus there's something about spaghetti sauce and chrome valve covers that makes me think it would have been a bad idea.

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

65 degrees here with 90-100% humidity. Rain expected in the PM.. not looking like a good day to take the viper out.. Beaches are cold as hell per the norm. I'm planning on working through lunch..
Newest rumor is that the sheep intake mod will not work in wet weather as the wool expands upon contact with water, causing complete blockage of the intake system.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edmondton,
I'm sorry you are so upset. Please understand, I don't want to make you folks angry.

Let's not get sidetracked on the dyno tests right now. We can talk about that when we get some new data from Russ.

Right now we have some new data from FE065 that is very interesting.

The theory of operation for Vipair is that it brings in air that is not heated by the radiator or engine.

The FE065 intake air temperature test results show that without Vipair, the intake air is the same temperature as the outside air.

Please tell me how Vipair can improve on that?

As for,
"JOKE117 APPROVED TESTING METHODS!"
You said you are looking for a car to do intake air temperature testing.
How do you plan to take these measurements?
Do you plan to do it in some way other than the test done by FE065?
Where's the joke?

I'd like to talk about these technical issues without any name calling. How about sticking to the technical side of this.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roadkill,

The sheep wool will actually disperse the water into your intake and result in a form of water injection, which should result in well over 100RWHP. This of coarse only works on GEN2 vipers as GEn 1's already have the sheep option built in.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about that!

Thanks.

Does this mean thast your crusade is over.I guess we need to call D.C and tell them that there wind tunnel testing on this theory and the SRT10 design was in vain,boy are they gonna be pissed.But eventually they will probably thank you for your efforts to save them any future testing with this useless theory :D

Better tell the GTSR Race teams that they did it all wrong too! Just think all the championships they could have won if they had known!! :p

S

SUN RA KAT

At last count those that bought Vipair have not returned it to get their money back because they were dissatisfied and those that got the first Vipair are getting the new, improved model Vipair for free and yet some people are upset with this? Get a life people! Or get a Vipair and be happy!

I don't have a Vipair.

Yet.

But I do have a life.

Now and after I get my Vipair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc