VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

What the heck ...

Bump.
The rules of the forum say your not allowed to do that. So I will refrain from bumping this post :eek:

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate when people bump!!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi, my name is Ryan and this is my first post on this thread.

Ryan, do you have or do you want a Vipair?

Before posting here, you must either have one or be a closet Vipair lover.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So Shelby3 says that he can't feel any SOTP increase from his Vipair.
He is going to keep it anyway because he thinks it might help.

Like it or not Shelby3, you have added one more data point.

The sellers said,
"While this result was exciting the best part was the drive home as the car felt like it had picked up an extra 50 RWHP, all the extra cold air was doing its job."

You, Shelby3, knew that this was BS right from the start.
The only difference between the way you and I look at this seems to be that I don't like the idea of a seller trying to fool people who trust him.

You must think it's ok.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So Shelby3 says that he can't feel any SOTP increase from his Vipair.
He is going to keep it anyway because he thinks it might help.

Like it or not Shelby3, you have added one more data point.

The sellers said,
"While this result was exciting the best part was the drive home as the car felt like it had picked up an extra 50 RWHP, all the extra cold air was doing its job."

You, Shelby3, knew that this was BS right from the start.
The only difference between the way you and I look at this seems to be that I don't like the idea of a seller trying to fool people who trust him.

You must think it's ok.

I don't call it BS Joe, it's subjective overstatement and I can read through it. The point you have never admitted is that you can't feel any SOP from your filters and smooth tubes, yet you bought and are running them. This makes you a hypocrite with some other agenda in your critical attack on Vipair. This is my last response to your garbage logic, you have zero credibility with me on this one. :smirk: :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look, let's go over this again. I bought aftermarket filters because they were available for not much more money and I needed filters. Roe had a sale on the tubes if you bought filters.
Red tubes look nice in the engine compartment.
They make more noise, I like that.
I never expected any performance gain. I never heard any claims of gain.
If any claims of large gain were made I wouldn't have believed them.

So you see, the fact that I have tubes and filters, and that they may or may not give any gain, is not the question.

The question is, are the claims for Vipair real or BS.

You agree with me that the claims are not true.

You don't call that BS, you say,
"I don't call it BS Joe, it's subjective overstatement"

I can see through a little advertising hype. Hype in a magazine is one thing.

READ THIS CAREFULLY,
Posting a bunch of BS claims on the VCA RT/10 and GTS Discussions page, and using your credibility and friendship to try to make your friends believe this hype and trying to sell them the device, is simply wrong.

They should be ashamed.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelly,

How can you even say this "a Vipair would ensure you would never encounter the aero issues of the NACA duct" and expect any respect from people on this board?

All tests to date show nothing to back this up. Once again you show your inability to use simple logic.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelly,

How can you even say this "a Vipair would ensure you would never encounter the aero issues of the NACA duct" and expect any respect from people on this board?

All tests to date show nothing to back this up. Once again you show your inability to use simple logic.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vipahairhead, Answering you is like clubbing a baby seal so I'm only going to do it this last time so I don't get into trouble with Greenpeace. With the Vipair getting air from in front of the radiator, I can plug the NACA duct and get all the air I need. By the way, I received this information from the same person you used as a technical source reference when buying your filters and smooth tubes. Now slide back under the ice and feed a hungry shark with your lifeless corpse.

This is my last post on this circle **** of a thread. If anyone wants to discuss Vipair further, send me a PM. :2tu: :usa:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelly,

I'm glad this is your last post. I guess you can only make so much of an ass of yourself and you have reached your limit.

So you get all the air you need from the Vipair? How funny.

LMAO

:headbang: :D :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info!!!!! :2tu: Do you know at what speed
this happens at? The gen.3 has a scoop, is it alot diff. than a naca duct? Is the triangle shape of the naca duct the problem? If so, does the scoop on the srt work better at speed? If it works better, I'll put the srt scoop on my car.
Thanks again, Mitch

p.s. might as well get some useful info from this thread one way or another!
(somewhat related)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snakebit,

The scoop on the GEN3 is a dummy scoop, it has a large piece of plastic blocking the mouth of the scoop entrance and if the air makes it through the scoop, it then hits the center post holding the filters. The GEN3 receives most of its air from the front facia.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edmonton, or anybody for that matter, what kind of a scoop would it take to not get this "negative air" syndrome? How fast does one have to go to get this to happen? People been puttin' scoops on race cars for years, how come this problem came up now? Is it the design of the car itself? If I knew the speed it happens at, I guess that would probably answer alot of my questions. Thanks

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edmonton, or anybody for that matter, what kind of a scoop would it take to not get this "negative air" syndrome? How fast does one have to go to get this to happen? People been puttin' scoops on race cars for years, how come this problem came up now? Is it the design of the car itself? If I knew the speed it happens at, I guess that would probably answer alot of my questions. Thanks

You are correct, people have been putting scoops on race cars for years but most of those cars were carburated or carburated/blown cars,fuel injection is a totally different animal.As far as what kind of scoop would be the best.Functionally what you have right now(none).cosmetically well thats your choice.You must realise that the "negative air syndrome" will not come into effect in your everyday driving.If you plan on tracking your car on a regular basis then leave well enough alone and be happy with the hood you have.As far as trying to design similar to the Gen3 you dont even want to go that route as there would be far more fabrication than you will want to do as it would involve the hood,facia,underside of hood and then the design of the core support would probably not allow for these mods.Decide on what you primarily want your car for and that should allow you to make the most logical decision

Goodluck,Scott

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If this is true,

"You must realise that the "negative air syndrome" will not come into effect in your everyday driving."

How fast were you going when you felt the 50 RWHP gain?

Did it really give a SOTP gain on the ride home? Or was that "subjective overstatement" as Shelby3 claims?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks alot Scott! :rolleyes: Just what I didn't want to hear!!! :eek: Now I'm gonna have to convince the wifey I need your "fancy" hood! :D How do ya suppose we go about this problem? ;) ......( she's a miser) :mad: Oh well......

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If this is true,

"You must realise that the "negative air syndrome" will not come into effect in your everyday driving."

How fast were you going when you felt the 50 RWHP gain?

Did it really give a SOTP gain on the ride home? Or was that "subjective overstatement" as Shelby3 claims?

Wow talk about somebody needing to get a life.Do you just lurk around waiting for a responce to this thread.And as far as using customer relationships to sell a product, i dont need to do that your idiotic responces and redundancy has been a great sales tool in itself.So i guess there is no need to feel"ashame" other than the fact that i am even responding to your statements.What is funny is that pretty much everyone has been able to make light of this thread except for you as it appears to have become an obsession.You make it sound like we will do anything to sell a product.Being that you obviously have plenty of time on your hand ,do a search under my post and you will find 90% of them to be informative information in attempts to help, with no ulterior sales motives in them,which is what this site is about.Of course i am sure that you will attempt to prove me wrong :confused:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow talk about somebody needing to get a life.Do you just lurk around waiting for a responce to this thread.And as far as using customer relationships to sell a product, i dont need to do that your idiotic responces and redundancy has been a great sales tool in itself.So i guess there is no need to feel"ashame" other than the fact that i am even responding to your statements.What is funny is that pretty much everyone has been able to make light of this thread except for you as it appears to have become an obsession.You make it sound like we will do anything to sell a product.Being that you obviously have plenty of time on your hand ,do a search under my post and you will find 90% of them to be informative information in attempts to help, with no ulterior sales motives in them,which is what this site is about.Of course i am sure that you will attempt to prove me wrong :confused:

I agree....

:usa:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My money says Joe will respond with this one....

Joe117 quoted the benifits of VIPAIR

"an increase of about 16 RWHP and 16 RWTQ"

"This product will really win bragging rights on the track in MPH results,once you channel 100mph airflow properly great things happen"

"i can guarantee you you will feel the seat of the pants difference with this thing,"

"Plain and simple this product provides a pressurized path of air flow directly to your motor,the faster you go the better it flows"

"we are not saying we are dropping temps more than ambiant air.What makes this work is not air temp but air flow.We are providing a path of positive air flow"

"we along with our customers found great benefit to this piece.and we decided to make one affordable for those that wanted to stay with the factory airbox but have the benefit of the extra airflow."

"The VIPAIR™ actually allows your car to breath in cold pressurized air from in front of the radiator."

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

However, he may use this one again. A classic from page 25....

Joe117 said

It made nothing.
The only "data" that show's any gain is from a couple of dyno runs posted by the seller.

We have ample evidence that Vipair is not going to give you any performance increase that can be measured.

The claims by the sellers that it gave a SOTP feel "more like 50hp" have been proven to be bunk.

Any further attempt to market this piece of crud as a performance enhancing device is, in my opinion, just a way for them to get money from people who trust them.

It's really sad. They should be ashamed.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh, but wait. How did I miss this one from page 21. This was back in October when he was reeeeeaaaallllly repressed and in need of some relief.

"Joe do I really have to play connect the dots with you? Should I use a crayon and make sure to not go too fast for you to keep up?"

Since you continue with the name calling, I'm going to have to conclude that you have nothing left to fall back on.

I will say this concerning your marketing tactics.
In my opinion, Vipair is at least of questionable value.

I believe that The testing done to date shows that any gains are going to be so small that they can't be reliably measured.

I believe that you knowingly market this very marginal if not worthless product to people using your status as a Viper club member.

I believe you are trying to cloud the issue with personal attacks against anyone who tests and finds your claims invalid.

I do believe that you would sell a worthless product to your friends simply to make money.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also think we should set up a find for Joe and vipa. Over half of vipaa's post are here on this thread, so what will happen with him when this is over. As human beings it is our responsibility to look after these lost souls that have no chance of existing outside of this thread and make an attempt to bring some form of reality and meaning in their lives.

Who else is in....I will start the fund by donating TREEFIDDY.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's just all get together and fight it out. That's the only fair way to settle it; a good ol' fashion throw down, West Virginia style.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dawg,

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. As long as people want to post fictitious claims I will be more than happy to jump on it. In the outside world this is called reality. In the meantime reading informative and sometime funny threads is fine for me.

If your life revolves around this board (as it sure looks) than maybe we need to start a fund and pay someone to talk to you in person. Maybe even go outside and do something!! :2tu:

Poor sap.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dawg,

Maybe even go outside and do something!! :2tu:

soooooo your rebuttle is to repost what I just said about you. Hell, I was at least expecting some reference to beans or something. You let me down tremendously. Your denial is beginning to control you.

oh and maybe you should explain your last statement as well, before I began to read something into it. I am not interested in your kalifornicational ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960