Viper accident in Chicago

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they left out part of the story. Perhaps it should read,
"The driver was not hurt in the crash. He claims another car cut him off just after the flag dropped, causing him to lose control before he could fully hook up. Police ticketed that man for reckless driving."
If you are the driver and you are reading this, just kidding.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Steve, sorry to hear about your loss. Don't worry things can be fixed one way or the other. Let me know if we can help.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear noone was injured...But why did those guys have to WALK on a Viper?? Unless the Viper were mashed down to the size of a big screen TV, why walk on it???

Tomer

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a great opportunity to play "King of the mountain" I guess... seriously, the car went through some scaffolding and they had to remove it I guess.....

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOOFST:
That's StevO's baby,looks like he ran into my steel work at the Hotel.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Scott, Did your company OWN the scaffolding?

OP
OP
M

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the looks of it, there wasn't too much front end damage *before* they stood on the hood (I would guess standing on it would definitely ruin it)... but did they stand on the roof too????

I wonder if you can sue them for doing unnecessary damage?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a strip mall one time and saw a big crowd around a car that was locked with a 3 year old kid inside. It wasn't a hot day so it didn't seem to me that there was any real rush to action. There was a guy trying to work a coat hanger into the car to open the door, the mom was right there and the kid was having a good time but he wouldn't open the door. Next thing you know the fire department is there with the "jaws of life" actually they had a hydraulic spreader kind of thing that they were going to pry open the door with. They were afraid to break a window due to "flying glass". Just as they started to pry open the door the guy with the coat hanger opened the door on his side. That didn't stop the firemen, they destroyed the door by continuing to pry open the door even though the door on the other side was open.
Walking on your car was their way of telling you not to wake them up again.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They went in sideways, the front wasn't touched. Actually, the foot prints they left on the roof and hood came right off and there were no dents/impressions that I could see. There's enough "nicks" on the entire car for it to get totally repainted anyway.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A few bumps and scrapes but she should be back as good as new soon, you know how the insurance thing goes.... I won't really go into the how and whys but luckly nobody was injured. (I wasn't driving, it happened during a rental) and yes the firemen WERE standing on the car. This is the cost of doing business.... there are a lot of risks involved.

If you have parts, give me a call or email me at:

[email protected]

I'm looking for drivers side stuff for a 96'. Not sure about the hood yet. Any help from you guys would be great.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky nobody was hurt. I heard about the accident at work that morning when people thought it might be someone I knew.

Kenric...What's up? Taken that car of yours to the track lately?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine