Viper ACR Appraisal

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm buying a 99 ACR next month here and my bank needs some sort of certified listing that shows that the car is worth what i'm buying it for.

I'm having trouble finding anything that shows the value of an ACR.

I can find a GTS in kbb.com, but the value seems really low compared to what they sell for.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OSUBrew - I just visited the Edmunds site and the "True Market Value" they listed was within $75 of what I paid for my car in a private party sale. I'd say it's pretty accurate.

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edmunds seems way off to me. They don't have an option for ACR either. The most it shows a 99 GTS is worth is like $44k. The ACR i'm buying is $54k.

How would i get ahold of Jon B.?

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OSUBrew - I just visited the Edmunds site and the "True Market Value" they listed was within $75 of what I paid for my car in a private party sale. I'd say it's pretty accurate.

you must be on drugs if you think that it is accurate..Went on to see about 96 and 97 blue/white gts values and they had them at 33-35K in outstanding condition..

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only ones who use those figures from Edmunds or Kelley are dealers when you want to trade in your Viper. Yeah, they'll do you a favor and give you the Edmunds trade-in value on your Viper.

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys I can only tell you what my experience is. Perhaps they lack the ACR option for a 99, but if you try 2000 or 2001 perhaps they'll have the ACR option as seen below. I paid $54K for my car almost 1 month ago. Here is the edmunds report. It seems pretty accurate for THIS MODEL YEAR AND OPTIONS. I won't claim it's perfect in all situations. Hope this helps.

You must be registered for see images

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try www.i-van.org It's International Vehicle Appraisers Network. I had their guy from KC drive up a month ago and did a great job on my appraisal. I was changing insurance companies and wanted to do a stated value so if it gets totaled....there wouldn't be any questions as to its worth. FYI...I tried KBB and could only come up with $47,000.....the appraiser came in at $59,050. :headbang:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd agree that the price guides can be misleading. However, I bought my car for significantly below the Private Party Value listed in Edmunds. I realize though that a car bought from one of the respected dealers mentioned in the VCA forums will cost more, and probably be worth that peace of mind.

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where are you getting the car from Jay? What is the mileage? Are you committed to an ACR? They definitely got the better suspension setup for the track but is that what you are buying it for?

OP
OP
O

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting the car from Minnesota. Only has 11k miles on it. I like that the ACR is a rare car, i've actually never seen one around here. I'll probably take it to the track every once and a while.

Thanks for the replies guys, i showed them a quote from edmunds for a 2000 ACR and i think that'll be ok. If not i'll use one of the other sites you guys recommended.