Viper coupe or Prowler?

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....it's like comparing Ginger and Mary Ann? Truth is, I'd do them both. You've got the movie star thing and the girl-next-door thing going. Mrs. Howell may even start to look good, depends on how long you've been on the island. I would, however, probably take my own life if the Skipper started looking good to me.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's about variety. I had a Viper, will probably get another one some day, but for now thought the Prowler would be fun for a while, and you can drive one without losing much value. Also thought about a 911 turbo.

if you get a Prowler, there are a couple of really good forums to visit....Prowler On Line Association(POA) and ProwlTalk....both are filled with plenty of veterans and plenty of info....look us up

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New coupe hands down. A prowler is nice looking but not a pratical car and not stick, let alone not fast enough. Great concept but wrong delievery in my opinion.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prowler is for cruising only. It's a great vert to have in the garage next to a Viper. Personally, I would never buy one while having the option to have a Viper instead.

In say this, I've owned 2 Prowlers, but they've always complemented my Viper.

My guess would be that you are looking for a car to cruise in, and probably didn't really enjoy the performance the Viper Offers with your last SRT. Nothing wrong with that.

So I would say, get a Prowler, try it out, see what you think.

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Inca Gold Prowler (Last Year). The car is awesome! Just a great cruzzzzzzer!!! I bought a Ford GT last fall, the Prowler gets just as much looks but for 140-K less. Get the Prowler drive it till the 08' Viper comes out. They are not building any more Prowlers so get a good one!! YOu might want to check out the Prowler Forum also, lots of good info!!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was really surprised and pleased when Plymouth had the guts to actually build the Prowler, pretty much unchanged from the concept car. Sure it should have had a V8 and a manual transmission, but I'm sure that V6/semi-auto parts bin sharing had to be conceeded to just to greenlight the car's production.

I had seriously looked at choosing between the Prowler and Viper for a while, and ultimately chose the Viper because it totally delivers the high performance promise that it's looks say that it's capable of.
I still like the Prowler, and the few that I see on the road are undeniable head turners.

As a stopgap car between high performance cars the Prowler could be fun, but I wouldn't really choose one over a newer Viper.
Still people's needs and preferences vary, and asking on a Viper website where the power-hungry feed, will only reveal a one-sided view on this choice (except of course for those lucky few who own both cars). ;)