Viper crash today??

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that there was a viper crash between Springfield, MO and Rogersville. Sounded like the occupants were ok but two cars involved. I don't know anyone in the VCA with a car that was described but somebody was out today. They didn't really have any business to be out this morning. It was in the mid thirties and rainy.

Anybody hear anything????

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys at premier saw a Gen II, silver with stripes running around the last few days. That is the description that I got. Evidently he was out of the car with that Oh Sh*t! what am I going to tell my Wife/Dad look. We had a few nice days, I was out in the 03 and the ACR but traction wasn't to be had so I was taking it easy. But this morning was mid 30s and rainy. Not exactly ideal viper weather.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, I just found the link and was going to post it. Thanks! The viper guy was putting on the miles around town since several people saw him. This is out by where out Highway 125 cruise crosses through a 4 lane road. It is a nasty area and if he got just a little out of shape or spun the tires on the cold damp highway, it would be an issue.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen that viper in the Ozark- rogerville area last summer. It says in the report failure to yeild.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugg, failed to yeild, hit a Toyota Corolla and then hit a Dodge truck. That's a bummer! Hope everyone is okay!

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see anything on TV, Mitch did you? I guess the front end of the toyota was gone. he must have tried to shoot the gap across 60 and spun or didn't see the fast approaching toyota.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see anything on TV, Mitch did you? I guess the front end of the toyota was gone. he must have tried to shoot the gap across 60 and spun or didn't see the fast approaching toyota.

No Dave, I did not hear about it on T.V. nor the Radio. this viper wreck was not a big deal to the media this time. I wonder where the car is right now? and will it stay in a wrecking yard around here or be hauled off somewhere else.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wreck didn't happen at 10am as stated in the tv spot. A guy I know saw it on his way to work about 7:30am. At 7:30ish it was misting and in the low thirties. My diesel truck would be spinning the tires in those conditions.