Viper Days Driving School at Virginia Int'l July 16-18!

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days Driving School at Virginia Int\'l July 16-18!

Hello Viper Drivers-

Viper Days is putting on a Driving School, Michelin Challenge Series and the Viper Racing League the weekend of July 16-18 at Virginia International Raceway. This is an amazing 3.2 mile track with a cork screw, upper and lower esses, a 4000' straight away and a 2000'straight away. Everyone talks about this track so here is your chance to drive on it. www.virclub.com

Viper Days is a Viper specific driving school. With the use of in car Viper instructors and classroom we teach you everything there is to know about driving a track, safe driving techniques, and technical tips. It will be the most fun you have ever had and you will learn a ton about driving safety!

If you want to know more about this event please feel free to call Courtney at 847-612-4335 or e mail me at [email protected]

You always talk about driving your Viper on a roadcourse, now here is your time to do it!

Hope to see you at the track!

Viper Days, Inc.
www.viperdays.com

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Days Driving School at Virginia Int\'l July 16-18!

highly recommended for all owners that want to experience the power of the car in a safe controlled environment with instructors that know Vipers!! These cars are capable of amazing performance that can't be safely extracted on the streets.

DN

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey, this is one of the premier tracks in America! Who's going? Not many groups get to run the full course - it is a classic!

Viperdays was very well represented at Mid-Ohio for the Speed World Challenge Series race. A lot of allumni were there and did amazingly well. Come to VIR and learn what it takes!

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

V-TEN Racing will be there. Our Texas member has never been to VIR and is looking forward to the 4000 foot back straight, 19 plus turns, and moderate temps (we can hope). If anybody is considering going to VIR and concerned that they might damage their car, don't worry. This is a very safe track with lots of room for mistakes. Out team is also there to give you support with what little we know and lots of tools. Hope to see you at VIR.

Tom, Eyal, and Newt

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I left a message for Courtney. The Web site is not very clear about a couple of Q's that I have:

1) My SRT is bone stock, is there anything I will need for tech inspection?

2) What should I bring with me

3) Are there any accomodations ala group rates for staying near the track?

4) I think that my trip is about 4-5hours. Do you guys trailer your cars down (in the even that something breaks) or is it a drive it home kind of deal?

Jody

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I left a message for Courtney. The Web site is not very clear about a couple of Q's that I have:

1) My SRT is bone stock, is there anything I will need for tech inspection?

2) What should I bring with me

3) Are there any accomodations ala group rates for staying near the track?

4) I think that my trip is about 4-5hours. Do you guys trailer your cars down (in the even that something breaks) or is it a drive it home kind of deal?

Jody

Jody,
1. you'll need fresh oil, fresh high temp brake fluid, fresh power sterring fluid and lcutch fluid. if your SRT is new, most everything should be fine - except for brake fluid. SRTs will need to rent the hardtop from ViperDays in order to participate.
2. You'll need a Snell SA 95 or 2000 helmet, long pants and a long sleeve shirt, and gloves. other than that, an open mind and willingness to learn.
3. the host hotel is listed on the Viper Days site - under Details for VIR.
4. You don't need a trailer - and there are tons of people there to support you and your car should you need anything. But don't really worry - Vipers are VERY robust.

Feel free to email me offline if we cna help with anything. The NC region is bringing a whole crew and several newbies - you are welcome to join us!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for all the info Janni! My SRT only has a about 1k miles on it, so I should be good to go.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the ultimate road course in the US and possibly the longest if they finished their expansion?

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its quite a track & very accomidating as a club course. Novices love it because there are no walls to intimidate, but the large runnoff area is deceiving, It just takes a while before you hit something. It is a very challanging track to really go fast on & good drivers will excell there.

The ultimate? see Road Atlanta or Road America for that one.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looking forward to seeing all of you at VIR.

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I live in VA, not far from VIR. I have yet to purchase a Viper but am considering attending. Are these events friendly to those interested in buying a Viper (non-owners like me)? Anyone willing to give me some track time as a passanger? I've been to VIR before with a 93 RX7... it was a fun track.

I figured maybe someone there might be selling their car... and I can get all kinds of ideas about what to look for on my shopping for a Viper. Anyone from SWVA going... so that I can stare at a Viper on the way there?

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come and ride. Friday would be the best day. Visit us at the V-TEN Tent. All performance car are welcome at Viper Days as participants!

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ryan was kind enough to bring us last year. Everybody was great and easy to get along with.

We will have 5-6 Z06s back again from Atlanta.

See everybody there.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe this year I can do a better job of keeping up. Only bring your speciality tools. We can lend you the rest if it makes it easier!

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great to see the Z06s joining us - they were very competitive at Mid Ohio in the SWC series. VIR is an awesome track!

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe this year I can do a better job of keeping up. Only bring your speciality tools. We can lend you the rest if it makes it easier!

Tom, I hear that you are the one to keep up with now. :D

We hope to have it all covered but need none of it.

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great to see the Z06s joining us - they were very competitive at Mid Ohio in the SWC series. VIR is an awesome track!

Looking fwd to VIR again!!! :2tu:

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JKNUST,
Hey bring the 240 and stick that thing on the track. At least bring it so I can check it out....you never know where buyers lurk!

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

silverz06vette, looking forward to running with you guys again. I am bringing a coworker and his C4, I have not convinced him to upgrade yet, I think he is waiting for the C6.

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score

JKNUST,
Hey bring the 240 and stick that thing on the track. At least bring it so I can check it out....you never know where buyers lurk!

Man, I would.... but I get about 10 MPG cruise and it is not a good car for a long haul with a Muncie M-22 4 Speed (Blacksburg to Danville is a long haul for that car). I have wanted to toss a T-56 in there for awhile.

I may bring the S2000 if it turns out I can bring it out on the track to get passed by Vipers. I've got an awesoem cam-corder mount on the S2000... so maybe I'll just get some good footage of Vipers.

OP
OP
C

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper Days and it's staff is looking forward to seeing all of you out at the VIR event. Wether you are driving or spectating you are welcome to come out!

If you have specific questions please feel free to call me at 847-612-4335. I am in the office all week.

Below is the link to the details/hotel information for the VIR event. Please read it over carefully for there is alot of information on the pages.

http://www.viperdays.com/detailsmcsvir.html

If you have an SRT/10 you are more then welcome to come out and run the driving school. You need to rent a hard top from Viper Days for only $200 for the entire weekend!

See you at the track!

Courtney Thomas

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score

silverz06vette, looking forward to running with you guys again. I am bringing a coworker and his C4, I have not convinced him to upgrade yet, I think he is waiting for the C6.

It will be great to run with you guys again.

Which Viper are you bringing?

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't wait to see you all out there! Almost done prepping the Z =)

You must be registered for see images

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't wait to see you all out there! Almost done prepping the Z =)

You must be registered for see images

Adding some more blue tape! :2tu:

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haha yeah... this time I'm taping the whole car. Actually, check out the M3 behind me. I think he's got stock in 3m, he even did a tape flame job.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you haven't been to VIR - BELIEVE the hype! It's better than Road Atlanta (IMHO). The expansion is complete, but it's the full course that's being run at Viper Days (as I understand it) which doesn't include the newest addition. That's no loss though. It's awesome - long course with multiple pasing zones.

The 'high speed' esses are a dream and although a technical track excellent for beginners as well providing all types of turns and elevation changes including long straights to strech your Vipers legs and lots of corners to test (and improve) your handling skills.

The Viper Days crew is first class. Expect the best and then be prepared to be blown away. If you only do one Viper Days event on the East coast do VIR!

Jeff

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

silverz06vette, bringing the GTS. I just finished the Stoptech bigbrake upgrade and added a brake cooling system. I am hoping for big improvements in stopping power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi