Viper Disrespect..

WSAYERS80

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone earlier posted a pretty good rant they wrote on the common trend of Viper Haters in the Magazines Motor Trend, Car & Driver, and shows like Top Gear and Fifth Wheel.. While I enjoyed your rant and agree with most of it I offer this possible explanation to their grievances towards the Viper.

Keep in mind Motor Trend, Top Gear with Clarkson all those guys have driven and tested the finest cars the world has ever seen. They know exactly what they are talking about.. Hell Clarkson been doing reviews and test for over 25 years. There is a video of him floating around the interent of him testing the 92 viper when it first came out.. HE WAS IN LOVE with it, said he was gonna purchase one. Fast forward 21 years and times, technology, and cars have changed. Super Car are all FLY By Wire now like our fighters. You don't drive them you ride in them. Which is Exactly why I feel so many of us Love and have loved the Viper.. It pure insanity.. its dangerous, its rough, its loud, fast, it will bite you when your least expecting its a rush.. Its a Muscle car that still forces you to drive it which is exactly why you own one!

All those top gear guys are spoiled getting to drive many cars most of us dream of simply seeing.. We at least still get to wake up every morning and smile because we own one of the badest, sexiest, coolest Vehicles ever made.. and We LOVE IT!
You have you respect the car, Never turn your back on it.. Everything they hate about the car is exactly why a viper owner owns one! I love it!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top Gear is an entertainment show. Many of their viewpoints are scripted and have to be taken with a grain of salt. Although Clarkson often makes fun of American cars, he loved the ZR1, and also owned a Ford GT. And Hammond is a US car nut...
Personally, I really enjoy Top Gear...because it's not a dry as other car shows.

OP
OP
W

WSAYERS80

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Top Gear is one of my favorite shows. The American Version *****... I was simply saying that after driving so many technically advanced modern-day supercars, a Viper may not be their favorite. They are pro UK big time, no bias there right lol.

I was just offering this as a possible explanation to his rant. Which was well done!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top gear is really not the barometer for car industry. It reminds me more of a Cosby sitcom, than anything else.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to agree with the OP. Top Gear evaluates by feel more than objective statistics or other more rigorous measures. Its why we like the show and why we like the Viper even though our ride gets panned by many ;-)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Critics are in the entertainment industry.
2. My Viper purchases were driven by the car, not by any individual or group of individuals.
3. All those other cars are fine cars for the right owner. They're just not for me.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is the Rodney Dangerfield of cars. It don't get no respect, even though it is purely awesome.

You must be registered for see images attach

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Top Gear is one of my favorite shows. The American Version *****... I was simply saying that after driving so many technically advanced modern-day supercars, a Viper may not be their favorite. They are pro UK big time, no bias there right lol.

I was just offering this as a possible explanation to his rant. Which was well done!

Clarkson loved the Viper as well. His first review of the Viper back in 1994 was a great review.

Also the American Top Gear started out bad, but it actually isn't too bad after the 1st season. They have some good episodes. They had a great response to the European Reviews about them complaining about American Cars in one of the newer episodes.