Viper Driving Feedback From A Corvette Owner

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOMERCY,

I think a lot of the people here talk smack on the boards, but aren't so bad that if a nice Vette rolled up next to them that they wouldn't give a "thumbs up" or somesuch.

Some people just push their personal preferences a little too far.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C’mon NoMerc, we just like to bash the Vettes. No harm done. Most Vette guys are good guys and I’ve stated several times that C5s + are nice cars. Can you admit that the 70s and 80s were some dismal years? GM just left some of us wandering around for 20 years and Dodge came through...boy did they ever! In fact, if GM ever did come through with big cubes it would be too little too late.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what you will find when you meet Viper owners is that they are just as real, etc. as the Corvette guys, Porsche guys, etc. The comraderie between owners & afficianados is quite high. Unfortunately, many get defensive and respond poorly to "outsider" input, especially on forums and the like. I believe this is natural and you see a similar effect on all of the specialty car forums.

You will also find that only a few people provide the majority of the negative responses. The "silent" majority are just that. Silent. We read, laugh a little and then go on with things.

I myself have chimed in on a few occasions during these discussions. This tends to be when unfounded claims are made such as "the C-6 is going to be ..." Being in the auto industry I know that claims such as that are just pure speculation the majority of the time. The people that are really in the know are not about to talk about it on a forum.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if I came off wrong. Usually I'll just let stuff like this pass without too much thought, but sometimes it does get a little old. I guess I must be getting soft. :laugh:

I am not a "Vette Guy". I really like the C5 though and especially the Z06. I do not care much about the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge crap, they are all the same in my eyes.

I buy and drive what appeals to me without any other criteria. I almost bought a Red GTS back in 00 but the salesman wanted a check to hold for 25k just to test drive it. I usually swap out of cars every year or two because nothing really holds my interest long enough. My Z06 stays. I have had it longer than any other car I have ever owned. I even traded my Z8 on the M5 because I needed something practical and decided to keep the Z06. The car has some history ([******]) and has a very unique personality. Looks like a typical pimped out C5 but sounds like an old school muscle car. I know that may sound ******** to many of you but, "I BE WHAT I BE".;)

I am looking forward to the new Viper, (I have to get my move back to Denver finished first), and I am sure I will get just as stupid about the Viper that I buy.

Until then just remember that not all "Vette Guys" are wearing gold chains and white patent leather loafers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: