Viper for Vette

Status
Not open for further replies.

reely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an offer to trade my 08SRT roadster for a 09 ZO6. Both cars have approx 400-500 miles on them. The corvette has all the options. Let me ask; what would you do?This is not an easy decision for me. This is an even swap in case that's not clear.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt. Your would be down grading in performance and, in my opinion, looks. iam not bias as I like the vettes

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me ask; what would you do?
Laugh

This is an even swap in case that's not clear.
It's not clear. If you think it's an even swap maybe you should do it. Obviously the Vette owner thinks he's getting the better end of the deal or he wouldn't be interested. I'm surprised you are.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not so sure you'd be downgrading performance. Both cars are great, and if you were going to track it the Z06 has a better learning curve (not to mention that your roadster wouldn't be allowed at some events without a cage).

What you WOULD be losing is any semblance of exclusivity. All 40,000 vettes made EACH YEAR look the same to me.

Depends on which you value more... looks? Performance? Exclusivity?

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's completely your decision...but this IS a Viper site, I think you already know 99.99% of everyone is going to tell you to keep the Viper.

If it were ME, there's not a snowballs chance in hell that I'd trade a Viper for a Vette. Unless the Vette was a ZR1, and the Viper was a 94 RT/10, then I would trade, sell the ZR1, and buy 2 Vipers :D

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly....I would consider an even trade for a ZR 1 but nothing less. C5's,ZO6's whatever it is all look the same. You'll be kicking yourself once you realize you've lost your exclusive status and you're just another "Vette guy". You're livin' a dream with the Viper. :headbang:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
reely, there are some good answers that have already been stated.

That said, in my 14 years of owning Vipers and being in close contact with many Viper owners /VCA members (as well as 40 years of ownership of "other marques")...I would add that if you have to ask, you have already answered your own question. There have been many folks who ask themselves the same question...some buy both, some float back and forth..."it's all good". I would say that, in my opinion, it is MUCH easier (and cheaper) to own a Corvette than a Viper.

Best of luck whatever you decide!!

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's completely your decision...but this IS a Viper site, I think you already know 99.99% of everyone is going to tell you to keep the Viper.

If it were ME, there's not a snowballs chance in hell that I'd trade a Viper for a Vette. Unless the Vette was a ZR1, and the Viper was a 94 RT/10, then I would trade, sell the ZR1, and buy 2 Vipers :D

I'm with him...

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZO6 No,new ZR1 for sure.See,you can end the problem by having both a Viper and a ZR1.Several VCA members do.Want something really cool,get a new Raptor with the new big motor.It is Insane.

2008 Black SRT 10 Coupe
2009 Black ZR1 Corvette
2010 Black Ford Raptor 6.2 Boss Motor DD

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is this really even a question? You would be going from a 600 horsepower car to 505 horsepower. You would be going from Exclusive to Common. You would pick up power seats and cupholders.

Anything beyond that... is a bit irrelevant.

As said above, the ZR1 is the only Vette I would trade for a newer, STOCK Viper... and thats strictly from a value/investment perspective. I personally couldn't care less about the car... it still looks like the rest of them.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it is a fare trade, car for car. just make sure he has $50k cash in the trunk of the vette when you do the deal

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even me as a Wanna be Viper owner would not do it. the only thing you gain with a Z06 is maybe gas milage. Not sure why you would want to do this.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned 6 vettes, when the C6 body style came out...the next DAY I bought my Viper.

'nuff said.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe for a ZR1, but not a Z06. How many Z06's did they make in '09? I bet it's way more than the Viper numbers.... to me it seems like you're trading something rare for something rather common. (like a diamond for an emerald)

Regards,
Aaron

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would be a Winner downgraded to "used to be a winner". There is the $30,000 extra value of the Viper compared to a Z06, but that wouldn't matter - or would it? At least no one would bother you for your picture in a vette. Girls wouldn't ask for rides, no one would run over to tell you how pretty your car is whenever you stop and ... it would be safe to park in those 'high risk' areas because no one wants to steal a vette.

Hopefully you don't need any warranty work on the vette as I hear the vette vlub has lots of warranty complaints threads.

Ted

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an offer to trade my 08SRT roadster for a 09 ZO6. Both cars have approx 400-500 miles on them. The corvette has all the options. Let me ask; what would you do?This is not an easy decision for me. This is an even swap in case that's not clear.

NEVER!!!!!!!!There is NO WAY. You should have laughed at that corvette guy and walked away.NO NADA NEVER......You will instantly regret it. I got rid of my 2006 911 TWIN TURBO S Cab Porsche for my 2008 Viper. Didn't have to think about it at all and the Porsche was a AWESOME car but not as AWESOME as that Viper was. DON't do it.....:crazy2: :lmao: :lmao: :omg: :nono: :(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm, another way to decide would be ...

Do you plan on taking a high performance driving course? If you think you don't need one - get the vette and NEVER turn off the Traction Control. You'll live longer in the slower vette and it's really slow with the TC.

Sine your thread says that you alread own a Viper we shal assume that you want to trade for a slower, nanny car, right? YOU should do it. that the vette driver wants to upgrade to the more expensive Viper shows that he wants to do some asskicking and get some track time. Trade it. We have tons of members that have come from the vette ranks. Only about 5 think the vette is as good (out of thousands).

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You shouldn't sit in a closed garage with the car running. I think the fumes must have gone to your head.

I agree, why would you even consider trading a 500 mile Viper for a Vette. What don't you like about the Viper that much??

Tell him to sweeten the *** for sure, but I'm guessing because you posted here, it's already too late for that.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NEVER!!!!!!!!There is NO WAY. You should have laughed at that corvette guy and walked away.NO NADA NEVER......You will instantly regret it. I got rid of my 2006 911 TWIN TURBO S Cab Porsche for my 2008 Viper. Didn't have to think about it at all and the Porsche was a AWESOME car but not as AWESOME as that Viper was. DON't do it.....:crazy2: :lmao: :lmao: :omg: :nono: :(

With all respect Roy, some people just shouldn't own a Viper. Yes it's a streetable racer, but I wrote a thread last week about a guy that bought an 07 SRT10 ... then his son wrote it off. He then bought an ,05 Copperhead and wrote that off a couple weeks ago. Now he is nthe proud owner of a Porsche Carrera something or other. He said the Porsche cannot lose control like a Viper. He also said that at 62 his reactions weren't fastest enough to drive a Viper. Although he loves the Viper, he's still sxitching to a slowass Porsche like his wife drives, :lmao:

If the guy is scared, let him trade to a slower nanny car and another Viper will survive.

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I came from a c6 z06 and bought the less powerful Gen3 and all i can say is im happy im no longer a vette owner. Im 24 and the vette didnt do it for me. Dont get me wrong it was quicker but it just felt numb and not racecar enough for me. So you owning a Gen4 i would say DONT DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang