viper headlights

GTSR13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone. One of the winter projects that I'm just getting around to is adjusting my headlights on my recently purchased gen V acr. Driving at night last year the beam seemed awfully low. I have read some posts about the hood/bumper closure being uneven but mine looks fine. Does anyone know how to vertically adjust the gen V headlights?
Thanks guys!
Tony

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If they are anything like the gen 3/4, the adjuster was on the inside of the engine bay on the inner fender under a little rubber cap. I would maybe poke around up there to start with. Wish I had one I could go look at, but guessing someone on here will chime in at some point with a more precise location.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hunted around for pics and they are kinda scarce. I did find this one that shows some of the works. Looks to me like you'll have to remove at least one closure panel on the backside to see if adjusters are behind. I don't know if the entire housing moves, or if the individual lamps are adjusted like the Gen 1&2.

Attachments

• Gen V engine-hood.jpg
    Gen V engine-hood.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 8

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, when the flopped the hood back to the front hinge I had a feeling the gen 3/4 setup might not be as convenient and may have changed.

OP
OP
G

GTSR13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should have mentioned that i pulled off the back panel and couldn't identify the adjuster.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are usually a minimum of 3-4 contact points for each lamp in the pod. Assuming 3, one will be fixed with some swivel freedom, then you will have one for L/R and another for U/D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21