VIPER HORSEPOWER @ 450 FOR RT-10/GTS IS VERY LOW!

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EXECMALIBU:
IIEONE,
OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW YOU WIFES ***** BETTER THAN I EVER WILL! BUT IF I WERE YOU I WONT ADVERTISE HOW *********** ******* ******* *****

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And when did I mention balls? No wonder you don't get your facts straight. Do you have a literacy issue? You've given us enough evidence for that supposition: the all caps issue, the wrong facts, misreading my nick, and not noticing that my posts are usually signed with my first name. If you do have a reading problem, I'd be much more understanding.

You still haven't answered my question.

Lou
nick: L-L-E-O-N-E

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Originally posted by EXECMALIBU:
IIEONE,
OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW YOU WIFES ***** BETTER THAN I EVER WILL! BUT IF I WERE YOU I WONT ADVERTISE HOW **** ***** ***** **** ****!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmmm, that may be crossing the line a bit. Where did I put that yellow card????
smile.gif
One step closer to making me work.
frown.gif

My 2 cents is that if you wanna call each other names....seems kinda pointless....but don't cross the line and make it all TOO personal. It goes downhill from there. We cool???

My apologies. I've tried to keep it at an academic level, but I did seem to push him over the edge there.

Lou

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EXECMALIBU:
EXCUUUUUUSE ME!

THE ORIGINAL VIPER DESIGN TEAM WANTED THE CAR VERY BASIC AND INTENTIONALLY ELIMINATED THE DOOR GLASS AND ALL MECHANISMS. THEY SUPPLIED RIDICULUS CLOTH SIDE CURTAINS LIKE THE ONES FOR MY 1957 PORSCHE SPEEDSTER.

EVEN MY 1965 COBRA HAD PLASTIC SLIDE OPENING SIDE CURTAINS! THE VIPER SEEMED ULTRA LOW TECH TO ME!

WHAT TERM WOULD YOU USE TO DESCRIBE THE COMPLETE REDESIGN OF THE ENTIRE DOOR FROM BEING TOTALLY EMPTY WITH CLOTH SIDE CURTAINS TO POWER WINDOWS WITH ELECTRIC DOOR HANDLES?

IS KEYLESS REMOTE ENTRY CONSIDERED HIGH TECH? OR SPEED DETECTING SELF LOCKING DOORS?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be registered for see images

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is truly sad. Who gives a darn about what EXEC thinks or posts? His thoughts are his own and you will never change his mind. That said, I find it interesting that a BS thread like this one rages on for 3 pages of ever-growing stupidity, yet my post about renewing a VCA memberhip was removed.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Under 2000 "base models" a year..... now ask DC to split production an engineer and manufacture and most importantly certify a "Hi-po" engine for our Snakes for the handful of owners that may purchase it?

I think DC has plenty of reasons to leave that to our aftermarket suppliers.

Once again, the answer is "volume". As much as we know that DC is run by car guys (did you take a look at the smile on Wolfgang's face when he drove the Tomahawk up on stage at the Auto Show?), there still is some dollars and "sense" factors that have to be maintained.

CRAIG 201 MPH,
WHAT I ASKED IN THE ORIGINAL POST WAS WHY DOES DC NOT OFFER A HIGH PERFORMANCE MODEL?

THAT IS WHAT THEY USED TO OFFER OFTEN CALLED A HI-PO OPTION!!

REMEMBER THE DODGE 426 HEMI??
REMEMBER THE CHEVY L-88,LS6
REMEMBER THE BUICK STAGE-I
REMEMBER THE FORD 427, SOHC
REMEMBER THE OLDS W-30

IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY FOR A HI-PO MODEL THEN DONT ORDER IT..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IN 1994-1995 IF I HAD POSTED SUGGESTING THAT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF D/C WERE TO UPGRADE THE VIPER ENGINE TO 450HP AND ADD HEADERS, AND IF I HAD EVEN HINTED ABOUT CHANGING TO A VENTED HOOD, ADDING POWER WINDOWS AND 18 INCH WHEELS.

SOME OF THE VERY SAME MEMBERS THAT ARE SLAMMING ME HERE WOULD HAVE GONE BERSERK AND SCREAMED THAT THE RT-10 IS THE ULTIMATE SUPER-CAR PERFECT IN EVERY WAY AND HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH POWER!!..

THEY WOULD HAVE INSISTED THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE DOOR WINOWS IN A VIPER AND THAT THE VIPER DOES NOT NEED HEADERS OR 18 INCH WHEELS.

WHY DO I KNOW THAT THE VERY SAME PEOPLE THAT ARE SLAMMING ME NOW WOULD HAVE BEATEN ME INTO THE GROUND FOR EVEN THE THOUGHT OF SUCH CHANGES!

HOW MANY OF THEM SOLD THE GEN I CARS FOR GEN II CARS?? OR EVEN HAVE SOLD THE GEN II CARS FOR THE SRT.

91ZR1#661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to chime in on this.First to the person who told him
to buy a corvette-that is a great suggestion.You can buy a Z06
for around 50K and have the same performance as a GTS viper.
Second to the original topic starter-the corvette you are
referring to is a ZR1 and had a DOHC motor designed by
Lotus and built by Mercury Marine in Stillwater,OK.
And yes the SRT engine is primitive,but very effective.
95yellowvett(Z07)

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IN 1994-1995 IF I HAD POSTED SUGGESTING THAT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF D/C WERE TO UPGRADE THE VIPER ENGINE TO 450HP AND ADD HEADERS, AND IF I HAD EVEN HINTED ABOUT CHANGING TO A VENTED HOOD, ADDING POWER WINDOWS AND 18 INCH WHEELS.

SOME OF THE VERY SAME MEMBERS THAT ARE SLAMMING ME HERE WOULD HAVE GONE BERSERK AND SCREAMED THAT THE RT-10 IS THE ULTIMATE SUPER-CAR PERFECT IN EVERY WAY AND HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH POWER!!..

THEY WOULD HAVE INSISTED THAT THERE WILL NEVER BE DOOR WINOWS IN A VIPER AND THAT THE VIPER DOES NOT NEED HEADERS OR 18 INCH WHEELS.

WHY DO I KNOW THAT THE VERY SAME PEOPLE THAT ARE SLAMMING ME NOW WOULD HAVE BEATEN ME INTO THE GROUND FOR EVEN THE THOUGHT OF SUCH CHANGES!

HOW MANY OF THEM SOLD THE GEN I CARS FOR GEN II CARS?? OR EVEN HAVE SOLD THE GEN II CARS FOR THE SRT.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PLease stick to making movies that we've probably never heard of. Please list some titles so we can tell you what "you" should have done.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested to know how many Vipers actually get HP mods done to them. On this board, it seems like most have at least smooth tubes and catback work, but almost every Viper I have seen in person being sold, etc. is pretty much bone stock. Maybe that's just because I am up here in the sticks, but most buyers seem to be happy with the baseline performance.

As far as DC selling an even higher dollar Hi-pro version, I think there may be an upper limit to how much you can actually sell a Dodge for
smile.gif

--- Ken

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JOESPH HOUSS,

I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU IF THE VIPER WAS PRODUCDED BY A SMALL COMPANY..

BUT D/C IS HUGH!!

MERCEDES IS FAMOUS FOR DOING THE UNEXPECTED EVEN AT A HUGH FINANCIAL LOSS...

IN 1966 IN GERMANY IT WAS PROBABLY A FEW CAR GUYS AT MERCEDES ( POSSIBLY LIKE LUTZ AND SHELBY) THAT THOUGHT UP THE IDEA TO PUT THE HUGH 6.3 LITER 600 LIMO ENGINE IN A STANDARD SEDAN JUST FOR FUN!

FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS THE 300SEL 6.3 WAS THE WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION SEDAN! TALK ABOUT BRAGGING RIGHTS!

I WOULD BET THAT THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 500-1000 OF THE V-12 600 MERCEDES SERIES SOLD WORLDWIDE BY DC EACH YEAR ...

THINK ABOUT WHAT THE ENORMOUS COSTS TO DC WAS TO DESIGN, DEVELOP AND CERTIFY A 6 LITER V-12 ENGINE PLUS THE REQUIRED REDESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION OF THE ENTIRE V-12 DRIVE-LINE AND SUSPENSION FOR A VERY LIMITED NUMBER OF CARS..

THEY ALREADY HAD THE V-10 ENGINE TWEAKING IT JUST A LITTLE EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS WOULD BE A NO BRAINER FOR DC..

THE 5.5 LITER SUPER-CHARGED ENGINE IS ALSO PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BE A BIG SELLER BUT DC WENT THE DISTANCE ON THAT ENGINE ALSO..

I USED TO OWN BOTH A MERCEDES 300SEL 6.3 AND LATER A FEW OF THE 6.9 SEDANS. BOTH CARS WERE SOLD IN VERY LIMITED NUMBERS!

I WAS AMAZED BY HOW VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE MECHANICAL PART (NOT JUST THE ENGINE) ON THE CAR FROM THE RADIATOR, TO THE SUSPENSION, TO THE FULL DRIVELINE WAS TOTALLY UNIQUE AND DIFFERANT FROM THE STANDARD MERCEDES..RESULTING IN HUGH DESIGN AND PRODUCTION COSTS!

ON THE 6.9 OF WHICH A TOTAL OF 2000+/- WERE EVER SOLD FROM 1975-1980. MERCEDES OFFERED A HUGH 6.9 LITER DUAL OVERHEAD CAM ENGINE WITH A SUPER COMPLEX HYDRO/PNUMATIC SUSPENSION UNIQUE ONLY TO THE 6.9!.

THE 6.9 SOLD NEW IN 1979 FOR OVER $49,000! MERCEDES FIGURED IF YOU WANTED THE BEST IT WAS GOING TO COST YOU $20K EXTRA IN 1979 DOLLARS! BUT I KNOW THEY STILL LOST HUGH $$ ON THOSE

MERCEDES HAS NEVER BEEN AFRAID TO DESIGN AND BUILD ULTRA UNIQUE AND TOP OF THE LINE HI-PO MODELS THAT WERE NEVER INTENED TO SELL IN LARGE NUMBERS.

IT WAS ABOUT BEING ABLE TO OFFER THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT THE TIME!!

THEY ARE TRYING TO DO IT WITH THE MAYBACH..

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THEY ARE GOING TO SELL THOUSANDS OF THEM EVERY YEAR? DC WILL PROBABLY LOOSE TONS OF $$$ BUT IT IS ALL ABOUT IMAGE..

THEY COULD BUILD A LIMITED PRODUCTION $200K S/C 675HP SRT-10 TO OUT DO THE ENZO JUST FOR FUN...

DC COULD EASILY HAVE THE BRAGGING RIGHTS AGAIN TO THE FASTEST AND MOST POWERFUL CAR IN THE WORLD..

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Can DC offer a 600hp Viper with a 3/36 warranty for $85k and meet emissions? Personally, I don't think that they can. Not without DOHC or forced induction. Very few tuners warranty their work, and if they do, it's usually not for 3/36....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, 7/70 drivetrain warranty like they are doing now!
supergrin.gif

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know how much HP per Litre or cube is enough, but I can tell you exec, NO ONE HAS GONE BY ME YET...PROWLER..UNSTOCK GTS

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is no replacement for <FONT size="6">Displacement!</FONT s>
Big block = Torque, that's the bottom line.
Then it's just a question of reliability, the more horsepower the shorter the engine life, it's that simple.
Just my humble opinion
supergrin.gif

91ZR1#661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
Why don't you mosey on over to the Z06 forum at
corvetteforum.com and then correct your previous post about
a Z06's quarter mile times.I did'nt believe it either,but
I soon learned different.Bottom line is this,if a stock
GTS and a stock 405hp Z06 race,the BETTER driver wins.
95yellovett(Z07)

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob Woodhouse:
I can't believe I am using time to respond to an intellectual giant, so Hmm, that should speak for itself.
To get the facts straight Mr. EXEC; D/C has already delivered what you asked for: Starting at 400 hp and going to 500 hp, my math shows that to be 100 hp. That is also 20% difference not 12% depending on your math.
Big cube motors have a couple of different nuances from small ones. Most people are aware that as you grow the cubes the HP/Cube ratio goes down. However low rpm torque goes up.
There are several unseen advantages to low rpm torque as it applies to hustling a car around a track. This discussion is gonna lose you so lets just put it in terms comprehendable: No optional performance upgrade is required (all Vipers already have it) to compare to all of the special performance models of cars you listed on the last three pages of posts. There is not one named that could match the 1/4 mile performance of the Viper. In fact the Viper engine block would be cooled by the time the others crossed the finish line.
May the Lord take pity on your genetic line.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob Woodhouse taking the time to speak to this dork is like God taking the time to speak with a worthless, cowardly terrorist. There ... I feel better now.
laugh.gif

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MIKE BRUNTON.
IF DC MADE A 100-150HP ADDITION, ADDED BIGGER BRAKES, WIDER FLARES AND WHEELS THEN CALLED THE CAR THE SEMI COMPETITION (S/C MODEL)...

LIKE SHELBY DID WITH THE 427S/C COBRA IN 1966!

THEN TOLD DC THE BUYERS THAT THE DRIVE-LINE WARRANTY ON THE S/C WAS LIMITED TO 12 MONTHS OR 12,000 MILES WITH 3 YEARS-36,000 MILES OR MORE ON THE REST OF THE CAR.

THEY WOULD SELL QUITE A FEW EVEN AT $200K

AS FAR AS THE EMMISSIONS PROBLEMS..

I THINK THAT WITH FORCED INDUCTION OR SPECIAL HEADS WITH MAYBE OVERHEAD CAMS LIKE FORD DID IN 1966 WITH THE 427 SOHC..

DC COULD GET THE CARS TO PASS EMMISSIONS

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy a Z06 for around 50K and have the same performance as a GTS viper.

Another comment like that and we will pair you with EXEC.

P.S. - Only in a Vette's owners dream is this true....

P.S.S. - O.K., you do have better brakes. dam you...

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
95yellovett,

A Z06 doesn't have the same performance as a Viper. Let me know when a bone stock Z06 can trap 121mph. Let me know when a bone stock Z06 can run an 11.5. They can't. They are slower. Not much slower, but still slower. A Cobra ain't much slower than a Z06, but the Z06 guys would argue it's still slower.

Now, ExecMalibu... I think you have a great point, but your delivery is very bad.

My take is this... if they up the power on the 8L V10 by 100hp, they might have trouble with emissions. If they want more power without more emissions, it's hard to do that without sacrificing reliability. I don't mean reliability like it will break in 5k miles, what I mean is DC is warrantying these things for 36k miles of HARD use. Can they do that if they bump the power by 100hp?

Can DC offer a 600hp Viper with a 3/36 warranty for $85k and meet emissions? Personally, I don't think that they can. Not without DOHC or forced induction. Very few tuners warranty their work, and if they do, it's usually not for 3/36.

As for a special edition hi-po Viper - I am with you - they SHOULD do it. Make something like an ACR but not just a handling package. Add in 100hp and $20k to the price and it would sell like hotcakes, IMO.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exec-Whine-aboohoo,
Could it be a possibility that Dodge left the Viper the way it is for the true enthusiast. They left the engine wide open for the enthusiast to experiment with and "hotrod". I see it as a platform to be explored by those that wish to build it.
If a maxed out factory car is what you want then get one with nice cup holders and all the happy electronic frilly gizmo’s you can pack in it.

What’s the deal with already wanting a maxed out car unless you’re just a poser and all you want is bragging rights of owning a car. I think I rather like the option of being able to up my HP a couple hundred ponies or double it versus not having the option.
Double the HP on a Ferrari and see how fast the thing grenades or how much the total package costs you.

Exec-Whine-aboohoo since HP/liter is your bag then sell me your junk Viper for $20K and buy a completely maxed out super high HP/liter whatever and please stop bashing the Viper on a Viper Forum.
You try to impishly hint around about the car being awful and then retreat to “Oh I love the car… but”.
The inconsistency of your whining is what I find most irritating about you as well as some others on this board. I really can’t see you being an Executive of anything except wishy washy whining. You should go to another board like a Honda Civic forum and find sympathy for your cause there because it isn’t here. Nobody’s missing your point, the point is you’re a whiny trouble maker because you’re either bored or your afraid of your Viper or you crave acknowledgement.
Constructive posts would behoove you, not this cry me a river HP/Liter pabulum you’re spewing.
Get a clue, we love our Vipers and people like you don’t even understand what you have bought, it’s a raw monster of a car. Why did you buy it anyway why don’t you answer us that, more importantly why don’t you sell it and move to another forum.

Acquire a Saturn they have a good HP/Liter ratio and whatnot.

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TIEPILOT,

I SOLD MY 1965 427S/C COBRA THAT I HAD OWNED AND RACED FOR 15+ YEARS!

YES IT WAS AN ORIGINAL CSX3127!!!

I BOUGHT THE VIPER AS A PSUEDO REPLACEMENT!

IF YOU ARE SUCH AN ENTHUSIST THATS GREAT!

BUT WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT AT LEAST THE OPTION OR CHOICE OF BEING ABLE TO ORDER A HI-PO MODEL FROM THE DC FACTORY..

AS THE HI-PO CAR THE ACR IS A JOKE...

SHELBY AMERICAN OFFERED THE 289 AND THE 427 COBRA WHICH WAS AN ABSOLUTE MONSTER!!!

BUT!!!

SHELBY ALSO OFFERED THE 427S/C AS THE HI-PO MODEL FOR THE 54+ LUNATICS THAT WANTED EVEN MORE!!!! (ITS TRUE THEY WE UNSOLD COMP CARS)

THERE WAS ONCE A TIME EVEN AT CHYSLER THAT YOU COULD ORDER YOUR CHALLENGER/CUDA WITH A 6 CYCLINDER, A 340, A 383, A 440 AND FOR THE FEW LUNATICS THERE WAS THE AWESOME 426 HEMI!!!

THERE ARE A FEW, A VERY FEW OF US THAT WANTED AND WOULD ORDER THE 426 HEMI!

I REMEMBER PEOPLE LIKE YOU SAYING WHY WOULD YOU WANT A CAR THAT ONLY GETS 8 MILES TO THE GALLAN AND THE ENGINE SHAKES LIKE CRAZY AND PROBABLY GETS WET WHEN IT RAINS.. THEY DIDNT UNDERSTAND THE CAR....

YOU AS A TRUE PURIST WHOULD HAVE PROBABLY SETTLED FOR THE 383.. THATS YOUR CHOICE..

BUT PLEASE DONT SLAM THE FEW OF US FOR WANTING THE OPTION OF THE HEMI!!...

I ALWAYS WANT THE BADDDDDEST CAR THEY OFFER!!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point out where I said the things you accuse me of MALIBOOHOO. Nothing was writen about a Hemi or engine choice for a Viper in my post. I'm only addressing the fact that your are bashing Dodge as making an inadequate car for you.

Newsflash... The 426 Hemi can not be made emmission legal and retain it's legendary performance.
Dodge isn't going to place a Hemi in the Viper ever because the V-10 is THE platform, read some Viper history and development as the Hemi was suggested by Shelby.

Now your bringing up Mopar History to me, I think your the squirrel concerning Mopar and I'm sure I can rattle off more information about 60's and 70's Mopar's and options than you can read about and regurgitate on this board. Would I love a 426 or larger Hemi in Viper, you bet.

I have owned 440 Six Ppac cars and I would love to have a Hemi car. At the moment I have a '70 440 Six Pac Roadrunner with the HD Hemi pistol grip 4-speed and Dana 4:11 rear end sporting the Scat Pac option and air grabber hood in Lime Light Green. I doubt you could even push in the clutch and get it out of the driveway. It's for sale but only to a Mopar guy and thats obviously not you. Your 427 Fords were nicely styled and power houses but you're changing the subject.

Read your first post and stick to your OWN topic on your thread. Jeeze O Pete guy show some consistancy and don't run from what you initially posted.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS...THREAD...WON'T...DIE!
shake.gif

<FONT size="1">Incidentally...I waited for years for Generic Motors to make a souped up version of the C5...didn't care if I had to pay considerably more than the price of a coupe...Well, Corvette still hasn't built a fast car, but I gave up two years ago anyway!</FONT s>

OP
OP
E

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TIEPILOT,

WHY DONT YOU HAVE SOMEONE ELSE READ TO YOU VERY SLOWLY WHAT I WROTE AND WHAT IT MEANS!!

I SAID THAT CHRYSLER USED TO OFFER IN THE PAST AN ULTRA HI-PO PACKAGE!!

THE 426 HEMI OPTION IN THE CHALLENGER/CUDA!!

RESULTING IN A HUGE 426 CI MOTOR IN A LIGHT E BODY..

I NEVER SAID THAT I WOULD WANT A 426 HEMI VIPER OVER A V-10...

WHAT I THINK WOULD BE COOL WAS IF DAIMLER CHRYSLER WERE TO DELVELOP A LIMITED PRODUCTION "FACTORY"! AGAIN I SAID "FACTORY"! HI-PO V-10 MOTOR FOR THE VIPER (MAYBE LIKE A V-10 WITH HEMI HEADS OR A "FACTORY" S/C)

I EQUATE THIS TO BEING LIKE THEY ONCE DID IN THE DISTANT PAST WHEN MOPAR BUILT AND OFFERED THE MONSTER 426 HEMI !!

THEY COULD OFFER THE VIPER IN ITS CURRENT NEW SRT-10 FORM WITH 500HP FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO LEAVE IT STOCK OR DO THEIR OWN HOT RODDING...

BUT!!!

DC COULD ALSO OFFER FOR THOSE INTERESTED A LIMITED PRODUCTION "FACTORY" I WILL SAY IT AGAIN! A "FACTORY" HI-PO PACKAGE AT ADDITIONAL EXPENSE..

YOUR COMMENT THAT PEOPLE LIKE TO HOTROD THEIR OWN CARS DOES NOT REALLY MAKE SENSE AS A MOPAR COLLECTOR...

IF YOUR 70 ROAD RUNNER WAS NOT AN ORIGINAL 440 SIX PAC CAR BUT WAS SOMEONES ATTEMPT TO BUILD A HOT ROD.. IT WOULD BE JUST A "CLONED PUT TOGATHER" WORTH FAR LESS THAN A NUMBERS MATCHING "FACTORY" 440 SIX PAC,4 SPD..

I THINK THAT ULTIMATELY MANY OF THE VIPERS THAT ARE HEAVILY MODDED NOW WILL BE WORTH MUCH LESS LONG TERM THAN A NICE ORIGINAL CAR.

WHY DO I KNOW THAT IF DC ANNOUNCED TOMORROW THAT THEY WERE GOING TO BUILD A LIMITED PRODUCTION RUN OF 50 SRT-10s WITH 650HP.

THAT MOST OF YOU WHO ARE SLAMMING ME NOW WOULD BE DUMPING YOUR RTs AND GTS AND FALLING ALL OVER YOURSELVES TRYING TO GET YOUR ORDERS IN...

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the reason they offered a HEMI in a Cuda is because it was feasible to do so. IT was a car, built on an assembly line and therefor MASS PRODUCED. IF you're really keen you'll see that pretty much any auto manufacturer offers optional engines in pretty much any MASS produced car. You are aware that the viper is:
-hand built
-is built in quantities of less than 1500 per year

therefor it is not a mass produced vehicle.

Are you aware of the $$ it would cost to make up the tooling for specialty parts for the SRT-10KOMPRESSOR??

Just please answer this question:

<FONT size="7">WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SEND YOUR CAR TO A TUNER?</FONT s>

Guibo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenH:
I would be interested to know how many Vipers actually get HP mods done to them. On this board, it seems like most have at least smooth tubes and catback work, but almost every Viper I have seen in person being sold, etc. is pretty much bone stock. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent point. What are there, some 14,000 pre SRT-10 Vipers sold out there? How many (as a rough number or percentage) have actually been modified to put out in excess of 500 hp? How many of those 14,000 are actually regular posters to this forum? I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of Vipers (not even by any close margin whatsoever) are still bone stock.

EXECMALIBU, outside of displacement-limited racing classes and countries that tax heavily on massive displacement, hp/l doesn't really amount to much. A $35K Honda S2000 rips off 120 hp/l while the megabuck, ultra-exotic million-dollar McLaren F1 can do barely better than 100. Does this mean Honda's engineering is superior? What does it tell you when Honda's own CBR motorcycles (also 4-cylinder, 4-strokes) make the S2000's specific output look anemic?
The bigger the engine is, the harder it is to get high hp/l. Simple fact of physics. UNLESS you want to invest a whole sh*tload of $$$.
Even if the SRT-10 was putting out the 100 extra horses you wanted, there'd be a whole slew of people in line asking: "600 horses out of 8.3 liters? That's pathetic! My Civic puts does better than that!"
Yet, does the fact that there's strong aftermarket tuning support for Civics in any way indicate that Honda has dropped the ball? Hmmm...

Speaking of that Mercedes 6.9-liter, what was that car's specific output?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang