Viper Spotted in Saudi Arabia

mayo_pasco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has the invasion of the peninsula already started?

I saw a red w/ white stripes 1996 GTS at Mc Donalds at the beach front in Al-Khobar, or should I clarify the sand piece closest to the water.

I talked to the owner he imported it from the states one year ago and it stills only have about 16,000 km on it.

It had white painted vents on the hood and white spokes. Is there such an original combination from factory or is this modified? The guy didn't know but wanted to sell the car.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
mayo-

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but-

Can you translate your signature line quote into English for us monolingual yanks?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it was a 96 GTS then it has been repainted. Only color for GTS' in 96 was blue with white stripes besides the rare 3 but they are all stateside.

No vipers ever came with painted vents or painted white wheels.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
if it was a 96 GTS then it has been repainted. Only color for GTS' in 96 was blue with white stripes besides the rare 3 but they are all stateside.

No vipers ever came with painted vents or painted white wheels.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ding ding.
usa-clear-s.gif

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mayo, while you are in Saudi Arabia please see if anyone knows the location of a bright green RT/10. It was imported in about 1993 or 1994. It was customized by a company in Switzerland called Rinspeed. Their name for the car is the Viper Veleno. They used it in several auto shows in 1993 and then they sold it to a Sheik in Saudi Arabia.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you translate your signature line quote into English for us monolingual yanks?

"Att köra av banan i 300 kilometer i timmen är inte värre än att
vakna upp efter en hård midsommarafton hemma i Glava." -Kenny Bräck

" To drive off the road at 300 km/hour is no worse than to wake up home in Glava after hard mid summer evening"

(Note: our Mid summer parties can be pretty brutal...., Hah, Haa!!!)

Hope this helps.
We must have Swedes in Houston!
(and Finns in Lancaster)
Lauri/Lancaster/PA

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VardaMan:
Mayo, while you are in Saudi Arabia please see if anyone knows the location of a bright green RT/10. It was imported in about 1993 or 1994. It was customized by a company in Switzerland called Rinspeed. Their name for the car is the Viper Veleno. They used it in several auto shows in 1993 and then they sold it to a Sheik in Saudi Arabia.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it is located in the city of Jeddah, KSA. Thats all i know. i will ask around and see what i can find.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viperzzilla:
Sorry Craig, but I'm going to have to correct you on this one. The white and blue 1996 RT/10s had white painted wheels.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GOT ME!

I forgot about those ones. I knew I should have played it safe and stuck with GTS only.

Err I mean I was testing you
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
M

mayo_pasco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lauri,

thanx for the help on translating the quote. I am sure most of you know who Kenny Brack is, he is doing great on the racing tracks in the states. His quote is really a good translation to how wild the midsummer night parties can be in Sweden.

Varda,
don't know the exact whereabouts of a green RT but I do know there are 3 Vipers in the Eastern Province around Al-Khobar, 2 GTS and one RT/10. I will ask around. Was this your car once upon a time?

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was a blue and white 96 gts on ebay a month ago from kuwait.small pic and said was bought in the doubia showroom?imagine wiring that money over there?not me

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Black">More trivia - 1 GTS did come from the factory with white painted wheels. JonB at the parts rack took delivery of the first GTS sold to the public. It has white painted wheels. There is a picture of Jon and the Viper loaded on the trailer at CAAP with the white wheels on in one of the 1996 issues of Viper magazine (nice PR piece about the first one delivered and all).

Jon still has the wheels, though he tells me that he keeps them off the car most of the time as they add new dimension to the phrase "pain to clean". I can't imagine what all that brake dust looks like on white wheels, the shiny ones are bad enough!

</FONT c>

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mayo, I am trying to track down all 1992 Vipers. This green RT/10 is a 1992 and is a very unique customized Viper. You can see a photo of it on WWW.rinspeed.com
I want to learn if it is still alive & would like to make contact with the owner.
Thank again for any help.
VardaMan

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by speedshftr:
there was a blue and white 96 gts on ebay a month ago from kuwait.small pic and said was bought in the doubia showroom?imagine wiring that money over there?not me

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember seeing that on ebay. Looked like a scam to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960