Viper Street Cat-Back Exhaust P4510608

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just need a little info please, I want to install the Viper Street Cat-Back Exhaust on my 04. I did a search and have been reading about the sensors throwing a code on some cars and others are fine? One of my questions is from what I can see in picture of setup I’m not going to be dealing with any sensors? The other thing I will be installing these myself and it looks like the hardest part about it would be the two front bolts to get the sill off? My other concern is would I have to reprogram anything by putting this system on? Any info would be great.

Attachments

• P4510608_hc-150.jpg
    P4510608_hc-150.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 9

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This should be no big deal. You only get into sensor and possible code issues when you go with the Race exhaust, which eliminates the cats. I actually took a drill bit and put a whole just big enough in the inner fender so I could get to the front bolt easily. I can take my sills on and off in minutes now. Trust me, you want then to be easy to take on/off while you're lining up the tips. Once you have them set, I would put a small tac weld on where you bolt them up, so they don't slip or move. All the vibration and heat expansion can make it really ******* the clamps.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot me a PM with your email address or your cell number. The car is at the shop right now, but I should have it back tomorrow and I'll snap a pic with my phone and email or text it to you.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you do not wish to drill the hole, you can remove the fender liner to gain access to the forward bolts. Once the sills are off, the rest of it is a piece of cake. Just make sure that the tips are forward in the sill openings and not centered. As the exhaust heats up, the pipes expand and pushes the tips toward the rear. A hot tip will burn the sill. It will take several attemps at fit-checking with the sills coming on and off the car (exercise patience and don't rush). Once you're comfortable with the tip positions (with sills on), start the car and allow it to heat up to normal operating temperature. If there's adequate tip clearance with the rear of the sill opening, remove the sills and apply of couple of small tack welds where the mufflers attach to the end of the cats (first make sure that all of the clamps are tightened). This ensures everything will stay put. Reinstall the sills and enjoy!

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides being cooler in cabin by loosen the cross over, how much louder would it be? Any video sound clips?

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting the tips at about the 8 O'clock position in the sill opening worked well for me.

White 04 Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have a picture where to drill hole

Its real easy without having to drill a hole. Pull the plastic inner fender well out past the fender as shown in this picture and use a 10mm socket up through space. Piece of cake.

picture.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang