Viper vs. motorcycles.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say that the most excitement I get driving around the bay area is when I come upon a sportbike who wants to race around on the freeway.

For those of you who've never tried it, I highly recommend it! Your car will likely surprise you...

Case in point: recently, I met a CBR929RR riding N on 680 from San Jose. He had full leathers, and seemed very playful. I don't know how to explain how I know someone might race, I just do. It's something in their manner, how they accelerate and brake, I suppose.

Well, to make a long story short, I got behind him in the "correct" gear, ready for his move. He jumped to an inside lane to get around the single car in front of us, and I locked onto him. I can always see when they realize they have more than the average fight on their hands. Suddenly I see them tuck and downshift to try to get away--on the bigger bikes, this always works, though not to the extend you might think...I always like to see precicsely how fast or slow they pull away.

On this day, there was no pulling away--tuck and downshift though he may, I came right up to his rear wheel and had to brake!

It must have piqued his interest, though, because he wouldn't leave it alone after that...so we matched speeds, got in gear, and I counted three for the two of us with my fingers...

I jumped ahead again--and hit my limiter...zzzzzzzzz! he flashed by while I shifted and limited the damage--but too late, we came up on traffic..

For several more miles he and I STILL wanted to set something conclusive up, but to no avail...

I was totally wired when I got back, I love that feeling! He may have been faster, but he didn't prove it to me that day...and I don't think he proved it to himself...

But the point I'm making is that at freeway speeds, the torque that we have available to us is just amazing...We are VERY competative with ******-bikes. Even if they beat us, we ARE in the game like no other car is.

If I had NOS, I believe I would decisively win freeway contests, every time. Even against the GSXR1100 types... please, no flames over that statement--it is just opinion...

I love viper power...

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I get challanged all the time by other cars, usually Mustangs or Honda's. Its very rare for me to get someone in a car to play that really gets me going.

Bikes ALWAYS want to play. I have had more fun with these guys than anyone else (Except another Viper). Moreover, they dont have the ego that car owners do. They are out to have fun, just like me. The speed rush is the BEST. Man I love these cars!

OP
OP
T

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C.Thomson:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I get challanged all the time by other cars, usually Mustangs or Honda's. Its very rare for me to get someone in a car to play that really gets me going.

Bikes ALWAYS want to play. I have had more fun with these guys than anyone else (Except another Viper). Moreover, they dont have the ego that car owners do. They are out to have fun, just like me. The speed rush is the BEST. Man I love these cars!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's funny--mostly no one wants to race me in a car. Must be the area. More laid back, I guess.

It is extremely rare for me to ever "race" other cars. The last good "race" I had was a z06 on the freeway, and that was many months ago.

Motorcycles mostly don't seem to expect me to want to do anything, and when they see that I actually want to, they get excited and seem happy to oblige!

Having been on the other side (commuted on M/Cs for 5 years) I can say that I always wished I'd see a viper so I could see what they would do...