Vipers and Marriage

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been married for 20 years and have a Viper and few other cars - no kids.

Although, it was several years before we could afford the Viper. I wouldn't marry anyone who expected me to give up everything for practical reasons. As far as having kids, did you know that humans are the only species that can choose NOT to reproduce. Have chidren if you WANT them, but remember, it's not an obiligation.

Jim

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim so well said. It's society that pounds into us that we must marry or have kids.

Here is something to think about..
I recently or have been thinking of having kids. It's a very big decision.... I sat down with my parents (very good relationship and was raised very well, typical American family) and asked them if they had to do it all over again, would they have kids. I reminded them that I'm old enough not to take offense at their answer...

Their answer, they both said they loved me very much and my Brother, but they would not do it again... I thought about it and I'm glad they gave me an honest answer. It helps me make my decision in what direction I want to take in my life....

Gerald

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother and his wife are perectly happyw ithout kids. My brother works for dreamworks, and his wife is a managerial coordinator for a local, but very large university social productions ( theatre - choral - assemblies ). They have been married for 7 years ( 21-20 when married). Young yes but perfectly fine and were going out for 7 years before marriage. I don't plan to have kids before I am 30...at earliest. and not getting married until like 27 or 28 at the very earliest.no real rush.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha. Would 45 or an even bigger number be better?
Actually 50 sounds like a good age to get married. But I might change my mind in 7 years. I'll letcha know.
Excellent.. thanks Chuck, I'll look to you for the "forward investigation". Hey, if I'm ever older than ya, I'll give you the heads up too :)

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their answer, they both said they loved me very much and my Brother, but they would not do it again... I thought about it and I'm glad they gave me an honest answer. It helps me make my decision in what direction I want to take in my life....

Gerald, I asked mine the same thing.. and they said they would.. but I could see the doubt in their eyes, that they just didn't want to admit it to themselves. I know they've loved it and had a good time and all, but I think they've reached the end and realised there was a lot they missed out on. Probably a close call.. I can also see it would be possible to get to 60 and think "I wish I hadn't had kids" but just because the grass is always greener.. hard call for 'em.

Me, it's not a hard call for. I'm a selfish ba$**** and I don't like sharing my time with anyone 24/7. No way I'm having kids, and hell, I probably won't even get married for a long long time yet. Not until I'm done with the stuff I want to do by myself will I think about committing to someone else.. then it would be another long time before I would even think about having kids, and by that stage, I'm guessing I'd be about 60 with a similar ***** count ;)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
9 days til the alter for me...

After reading this thread I think I'm gonna start drinking tonight...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson