Vipers and vettes

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so where I live there are a lot of exotics prowling town.
lambos, ferraris, porsches everywhere. very rarely do I see a viper.

I see about a thousand vettes a week.
this weekend no fewer than 8 vette drivers gave me the wave or the thumbs up. even one of the new zr-1 (sounds great but that hood has got to go).

I drive a gen 2 so they can't possibly be confusing me with one of thier own correct?

the ferrari and lambo drivers all seem pretty cool, like guys that appreciate fine machinery, the porsche guys won't even look over but the vette guys.

I gave waves back just out of common courtesy.
anyone else getting the wave by vette drivers?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I wave at myself all the time. I sit in the Z06 and wave, then go get in the Viper and wave back.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wave at all of them-some wave back, some don't. If they show interest even if driving a pos I slow down and give them an eye full. Doesn't cost anything to be friendly.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old time Vette crowd usually wave, even to a Viper. The ones who don't wave or return a wave seem to be mostly C-6 drivers - noticed this when I had my Z06, and have seen comments on it in Vette forums, too. Go figure. :dunno:

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have gotten waves from two lambo guys. One Murci and one Gallardo. Seems like appreciation of another rare car. Nothing from Vette guys.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some vet guys wave at me, others act like they don't see me. Most Porsche drivers have a stick showed so far up their butts that they couldn't turn their heads if they tried.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give a quick high beam flash to oncoming interesting cars (which doesn't include run-of-the-mill Vettes- I will flash a fine '69 though). Basically, I'm just acknowledging someone else who is passionate about cars too. It's kind of like the biker "low wave" which I also get occassionally.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang