Vipers at the Vegas Nascar race last weekend...

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife and I went to Vegas this last weekend to the Nascar race...we go to our seats and all I see are Vipers on the track!! There were 43 of them..taking each driver around the track after their introductions. It was the most amazing sight to see!! As if the Thunderbirds flying over and the sound of the Nascar cars wasn't enough!! I was in heaven seeing all those Vipers. Definately had sensory overload. My face was sore from smiling so much!!I'm not sure if they were from the Vegas Viper Club ...anybody know? Anybody else go??

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics ???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
No man, sorry! I didn't take my digital cause the the beer is usually flowing too fast at the races and I didn't want to lose it. All I had was a cheap $8 disposable. If I had known the Vipers were going to be there..I would have planned better. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :crazy:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This fantastic event was hosted by the Nevada ViperClub. Marco, their President, does safety duty at the track, and put together the logistics. At a charity event over $180,000.00 (not sure of exact amount) was raised for a children's charity. The doners bid on a ride with their favorite NASCAR driver around the track. The doner rode in the passenger seat, the NASCAR (I had Morgan Shepard) driver sat or stood up in the middle. 43 ******* Vipers from many regions circled the LasVegas Speedway. We drove in formation around the track, and then dropped them off in the hot pits. We then got to drive through the pits, filled with NASCAR teams and officials. Club Members then drove around the track again, and returned to park in the infield pit garages. Our pace cars were a SRT Viper engined truck and a Comp Coupe. This took place in front of +150,000 screeming NASCAR fans. Great Dodge PR. A fantastic event for all involved.

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This fantastic event was hosted by the Nevada ViperClub. Marco, their President, does safety duty at the track, and put together the logistics. At a charity event over $180,000.00 (not sure of exact amount) was raised for a children's charity. The doners bid on a ride with their favorite NASCAR driver around the track. The doner rode in the passenger seat, the NASCAR (I had Morgan Shepard) driver sat or stood up in the middle. 43 ******* Vipers from many regions circled the LasVegas Speedway. We drove in formation around the track, and then dropped them off in the hot pits. We then got to drive through the pits, filled with NASCAR teams and officials. Club Members then drove around the track again, and returned to park in the infield pit garages. Our pace cars were a SRT Viper engined truck and a Comp Coupe. This took place in front of +150,000 screeming NASCAR fans. Great Dodge PR. A fantastic event for all involved.
Thanks for the info Paul!Glad to hear the children's charities benefitted from the Viper Club's participation. It was a cooool deal!! :2tu:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marko sets up an awesome deal for the race every year. My only complaint is that you have to have an RT/10 or SRT-10 to participate...obviously so the crowd can see the driver! It's the only time I wish I hadn't bought a GTS.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a blast! I was there, I'll put up some links in a bit when I'm home.
I got to drive race winner Matt Kenseth in the parade lap, and the SRT-10 in front of me drove Dale Jr., I was able to snap a quick pic as he climbed in the car.
All in all, an awesome experience. I've got about 30 pics, if you guys want to see 'em, I'll put up the links in a bit.
:cool:

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Vipers from OR, CA, NV, AZ, NM.... were on the track just minutes before the start of the race.

Marko R., NV Pres., set up a great dinner Sat night.

Before the race the 45+ Vipers were in the garage used for the Bush cars on Sat.
65garage.jpg

Hour or so before the race they went on the Speedway
65vegastrack1.jpg

Then Lined Up to pick up the Drivers for parade laps:

65trackline.jpg

Great 97 blue/white RT/10 high on the bank:

6597bluert.jpg

The SRT RAM Pace trucks looked like the VCA Edition, except for one small detail; they had auto transmissions in them!
65SRTRAM_auto.jpg

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went last year and drove Matt Kenseth around, maybe folks know who he is.

I wasn't able to make it this year due to so many other events (viper days) but I can tell you I was torn up about it.

Great event, great time

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I hear that Kenseth guy knows how to drive a little bit. Shame he is in the wrong car...

Great pics! Wish we could do something like this at Dover. I have some extra charity dollars to spend this year.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish we could do it in Daytona, I would not miss it for the world. I have been to one race there man I was hooked from that day on. Nascar Rules. The only draw back is I want to drive my car like that after every race. Oh well hope I don't get caught. :D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another item of note. A few years back the Vegas track was heavily supported by Chevy. Recently, more and more of the Chevy signs have been replaced by DODGE posters. Vegas Speedway is becoming "Dodge City".

It was great to meet all the guys from other areas. Especially the ones that we met at the Valley of Fire run, who drove all the way down from Oregon and Washington.

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was there as well - this had to be one of the greatest Viper events ever! I had Jeremy Mayfield and you should have heard the girls screaming at him from the crowd.

For those of you in the crowd, what was the general response? Did they even notice the cars?

I was also great to get one lap solo around the track with 140,000 fans. WOW!!!

Thanks Marko and to all that helped put this on.

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there as well - this had to be one of the greatest Viper events ever! I had Jeremy Mayfield and you should have heard the girls screaming at him from the crowd.

For those of you in the crowd, what was the general response? Did they even notice the cars?

I was also great to get one lap solo around the track with 140,000 fans. WOW!!!

Thanks Marko and to all that helped put this on.
The fans around me were all talking about them. One guy said it was a pleasant change from the drivers riding around in pick-ups! :headbang:

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a yellow rt-10 at the Ritz out in Lake Las Vegas, and a couple ferraris, think they were rentals, not sure

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a blast! I was there, I'll put up some links in a bit when I'm home.
I got to drive race winner Matt Kenseth in the parade lap, and the SRT-10 in front of me drove Dale Jr., I was able to snap a quick pic as he climbed in the car.
All in all, an awesome experience. I've got about 30 pics, if you guys want to see 'em, I'll put up the links in a bit.
:cool:
Get 'er done!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas