Vipers first wash!

cudasub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the Vipers first wash since I was its new owner in mid May 2014. Enjoying it greatly. I may enter it at a car show the 4th. By the way is changing the oil a special process or can my mechanic do it? Same question with the clutch fluid and brake fluid. I was told I needed to do these items. The car only has 15,000 miles on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure hope the oil and filter was changed way before 15k miles. Dont let just anyone do the fluid changes as there are many horror stories on this. Find a good Viper tech at a Dodge dealer to do the required fluid changes.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes a mechanic can do it, you need not be a Viper tech to change the oil. only thing i would tell you is that the car needs to be lifted front and rear to fully drain the pan. In other words, if you feel like doing it, i would not do it by simply lifting the front, for example, on race ramps. The reason is the the level car drains the oil more completely.

other than that.... nothing earth shattering on the oil change. 10 Qts of synthetic oil and a filter.

i would have all the fluids checked or replaced as well. Brake, Clutch, Trans, Differential, Power Steering & Coolant. This is more a matter of knowing they have been done. Unless you can certify it was done recently, its better to be safe than sorry.

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the Vipers first wash since I was its new owner in mid May 2014. Enjoying it greatly. I may enter it at a car show the 4th. By the way is changing the oil a special process or can my mechanic do it? Same question with the clutch fluid and brake fluid. I was told I needed to do these items. The car only has 15,000 miles on it.

What year is it..2000, 2001, 2002 ??? You may need to change the tires as well. I would also get all of the fluids changed. It really looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi