Vipers in Europe???

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Par, you will probably not find a good and trained tech in Europe. But as always with the Vipers, all of it is easy to do yourself or by a friend who knows how to... Check and double check everything here on the board before letting anyone touch your Viper.
...or just give your Swedish Viper friends a call...

Cheers!
/JP

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a very reputable, top notch, race proven mechanic that is a BMW top tech, and only works on top-end cars. He also mamages to be fair in his price, and most of all, honest. It is well worth the drive to bring your car to him. His shop is in Alba Adriatica, more precisely, Nereto. I can give you his cell # and shop # if you need it. I would only take my car to him. Since my Viper is going to Italy soon, he will be the doctor. Let me know!

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember a guy from Italy posting questions trying to get help on fixing his Viper. I don't remember what was wrong, but I do remember that he was some sort of doctor. Dentist maybe? I hope he sees this, maybe he can help!

ParB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder how hard it is to find a good shop to service my 2000 RT/10 in Europe? I am considering moving to northern Italy, somewhere around Milan. I would love to have the snake on the european roads and of course i wouldn't mind to have a true american muscle car in the land of the prancing horses.

So, does anyone know how hard it is to find a shop that can do repairs (if needed) on my snake? Is the 7 year DC warranty valid in Europe (i have 5 years left on it)?

Should i stock up on some parts and bring with me? Which parts do you suggest?

-Par

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Munich area (a 6-7 hour drive from North Italy) we have ONE DC dealer who owns 2 Vipers and he is the man I trust to do the work on my Viper...

In Switzerland there may be some ViperTechs, too.

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big hello from St-Petersburg, Russia.

I had the same question before importing my Viper in Switzerland. I found the Geneva importer for Chrysler Jeep and they are very conscientious. They are servicing only 3 Vipers but they are willing to learn. Except to change a door hinges, fortunately I did not have to require their services yet.

I am now talking with them about the recall....

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Birvini...you are right, he has not given me any more info since. I did suggest to him to go there, but he hasn't yet.

Par...or go where Markus suggests, you are in the middle of both.

ParB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper friends,

thousand thanks for all your info.
yesnod.gif

Me and my vife are heading over to Italy next week to determine if we want to live there or not (it is very likely though).

I'm definately leaning towards taking the viper north to Germany if i need something major done (i believe i can do the basic service on my own). I'll probably bring a few of my other motorized toys with me so the tip on the italian mechanic is definately helpful and i'll followup on that when things are being finalized.

I plan to stay in italy for maybe 2 years or so and then go back to california at which time i'll bring back the viper (i think). Should i keep california plates while in europe or should i register it in italy and put on italian plates? A friend of mine stayed in holland for a year and kept his california plates on the whole time, which minimized hassle when he returned -but he had a tough time with insurance
frown.gif
I am really interested in any opionions or suggestions you may have.

Once again, thanks. All of you have been very helpful to me.

-Par

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a Cali club guy working over here, he brought his gen2
RT over and came to a club meet, might be worth tracking him down for advice, he had his cali plates on, don't recall his name but I can find out

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also looking fo insurance in Italy for Florida tags. It can bedone, but who? If any other ECU country can do it, please let us know. Who was the company over in Holland?

ParB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll see what i can find out from my friend who went to holland. Neil, thanks for your help -if you can find out who was driving in UK with US plates i'd be most grateful.

I'm actually considering taking a cruise to europe next spring (there is a miami - rome cruise in may) with my viper onboard. Pricing looks pretty decent and my wife really likes that idea
smile.gif

Thanks,
Par

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960