Vipers whup weinerdogs

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it was a beating......nope it was a whupping.

Weinerdogs feeding the Viper team (and half the folks at the track Saturday) right before the relay, failed to slow the Viper team. Weinerdog Dave, the Weinerdog Cook, was seen on pit lane with a tray of 'dogs' trying to get the Viper team to take on extra weight. Viper guys were unanimous in denying his valiant last minute desperate effort.
Porsche team, with one Ford on board came in second - Weinerdogs and the fourth team, a bunch of the old guys had trouble seeing where the official track was and were taking shortcuts, Weinerdogs followed the old guys. Tom, the man with the final say in the matter didn't go for their antics for a moment and both groups wre disqualified. No matter, their times, even running a shorter track were MUCH slower than the Vipers.

Seriously folks - if you weren't there, you missed a great weekend - comraderie was great, everyone had a great time and I think this rally thing needs to be a permenant part of the Green Flag events - really serves to bring us all together and it was real entertaining for the visitors to the track.

I will leave the report on the dinner event to others - ya had to be there!!!
Greenflag guys - thanks for a great event - looking forward to the next one. Congrats to the five guys that were the Viper team and in particular Eric for pushing to have the Rally and Mike for laying down a 1:58 and showing us all what is possible with a car that is setup and the driver knows his stuff.
Viper is a love affair.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We kicked their a$$es. The ***** team was pretty quick, fielding a brand new GT2 to start the race and had a real fast woman driver who I later found out drove in the 24 hours of Daytona. I think the Porsches were the most devastated by losing to Team Viper, they really thought they were gonna win and were doing the "sour grapes" at the evening gathering.

On a personal note, I ran the anchor leg and my teammates gave me a pretty good lead to work with, last thing team captain Eric told me was "keep it on the track and we win", well wouldn't you know one of the Vintage cars with a blind driver almost knocked me off the track I literally locked all four tires up and smoked em'. I came to a complete stop on the track and just though "oh sh*t", I got on it and we finished 1st.

My thanks to the rest of the team:

Ken (IMSOSLO) Haney
Joe (JoeB 01) Bregante
Mike Horzewski
Bruce Donaldson

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a professional photographer there taking pics, took a ton of shots of the Vipers and I believe he was going to email them to Eric or Bruce and then they'll be posted, hopefully.

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a great time!

Team Viper really took it to these guys. Ron, Joe, Ken, and Bruce did a great job, all I needed to do was not crash - Ron tried but just missed the blind guy. And we didn't even use the two VRL (VRL+?) cars that were there (Steve Neighbors/Al Becerra - blown clutch and Scot Kenney - didn't know about the relay early enough).

The Weinerdog and Vintage guys were great, everything was in fun. However, the Porsche/Vette/Mustang team was pretty pissed they lost, so it was most enjoyable to beat them as well.

Every other team had at least one dedicated track car, we were all running licensed street cars - way to go guys!

If anyone ever has a chance to run one of these relays, go for it!

I'll post some pictures when I get them (and figure out how).

Regards,

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
We kicked their a$$es. The ***** team was pretty quick, fielding a brand new GT2 to start the race and had a real fast woman driver who I later found out drove in the 24 hours of Daytona. I think the Porsches were the most devastated by losing to Team Viper, they really thought they were gonna win and were doing the "sour grapes" at the evening gathering.

My thanks to the rest of the team:

Ken (IMSOSLO) Haney
Joe (JoeB 01) Bregante
Mike Horzewski
Bruce Donaldson
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats guys! Wish I could have watched you spank the Porshce's and Corvettes
supergrin.gif
. And you didn't even need PMUM and Dearing
wink.gif

A chick with a GT-2? Love that car... but how was the chick?
supergrin.gif

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe B 01
Yeah we did not need PMUM and John D. Ya'know if you guys (John D and PMUM) want to run the next one, Ya need to get some more seat time so you guys can keep up with us.
wink.gif

We are all gettin faster!

GT-2 Driver: Not TOO Bad!

Joe B 01

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who are PMUM and John D.? Oh yeah, those are the guys who "used" to track their cars. Send em' back to YELLOW group, I'll kick their a$$es now I got soooo much seat time
supergrin.gif
. Those two better watch out for me when I come up on their bumpers and flash my lights to get them out of the way.

That GT-2 was some car, and had a good driver, that was amazing how it took turns. I caught it and kicked it's a$$ also. Watch out on the 12th when I decimate the field during the wheel to wheel race at WSIR, do JD and P-diddy dare enter against me
supergrin.gif

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry about me taking up a spot on your team Wasserman.

See, I'm the proud new owner of an '03 GT2 and I'm looking to make it feel welcome in the fine Mumford family of vehicles. The only thing that makes my cars feel niiiiiice is scoreboarding Vipers. Normally, that's the job of the ACR, but I've given it the winter off and it's new apprentice, GT2, will be filling in for him whilst he's on vacation.

My only questions are...how do I get myself on the Porsche team? and Is my chick teammate hot?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PMUM:

My only questions are...how do I get myself on the Porsche team? and Is my chick teammate hot?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look Mr. X-50 4x4 dude, you traitor, going to the dark side just because I bought Candi a GT-2. She knows how to handle the monster, I won't have to give you a beatdown because she'll give ya the beatdown (or something like that)
supergrin.gif

How was the raider game? I made some bank on the Jets +6 1/2.

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PMUM:
Don't worry about me taking up a spot on your team Wasserman.

See, I'm the proud new owner of an '03 GT2 and I'm looking to make it feel welcome in the fine Mumford family of vehicles. The only thing that makes my cars feel niiiiiice is scoreboarding Vipers. Normally, that's the job of the ACR, but I've given it the winter off and it's new apprentice, GT2, will be filling in for him whilst he's on vacation.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh No!
hail[1].gif
PMUM a Porsche?
hail[1].gif
And Dearing, what next, a Ferrari?? Heavens no! Whats happening here?
confused.gif

Say it isn't so.

Quick! Hurry! get them to the Hospital before it spreads.

Come Back! Please come back! Come back from the darkside!

Joe (Staying on the light side) B 01

crying.gif
crying.gif
crying.gif

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:

I heard Dearing was getting a Supra
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh No! Not a <FONT size="6">Supra</FONT s>!
hail[1].gif
hail[1].gif
John Don't do it!

Since that GT-2 is 4 wheel drive does that mean PMUM can cut the track in half like Ken (IMSOSLOW across the dirt) Haney.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Joe ( Sh*t Starter) B 01

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Ron,
This is the real deal GT2 (rear wheel drive), not the X50 (all wheel drive) that took you down to Chinatown at Buttonwillow with street tires. I suggest you bring a heaping helping of Soup to distract me from giving you an OTC-style beating! Do you think the Porsche people know I cheat yet?

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe I am getting dogged and I am not even in the conversation. After over cooking the last turn I was told by the starter during my black flag talk that next time I go that far off track to hook a plow behind my car.
smile.gif

Thinking about putting a 4X4 frame under the old slow GenI. That way I can have an excuse for my off road adventures.

Ken

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See, I'm the proud new owner of an '03 GT2
/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, the 996TT with X-50 wasn't good enough???
wink.gif
. Only 180 GT2's in the US so I assume you're in rare company. Nice to see someone get one that will actually drive it
supergrin.gif
. I gotta see this race!!!

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IMSOSLO:
Can't believe I am getting dogged and I am not even in the conversation. After over cooking the last turn I was told by the starter during my black flag talk that next time I go that far off track to hook a plow behind my car.
smile.gif

Thinking about putting a 4X4 frame under the old slow GenI. That way I can have an excuse for my off road adventures.

Ken

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do the right thing... give that car back to Sandy right now before you put more rock chips on it... then go get yourself a nice Gen 2
supergrin.gif

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Ron,
This is the real deal GT2 (rear wheel drive), not the X50 (all wheel drive) that took you down to Chinatown at Buttonwillow with street tires. I suggest you bring a heaping helping of Soup to distract me from giving you an OTC-style beating! Do you think the Porsche people know I cheat yet?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, rear-wheel drive, more HP than the Viper, lighter, better brakes, big 'ole wing out back, and $180K+
eek.gif
. Not fair picking on Ron with that car. You should drive a Dodge Neon SRT-4 or something
laugh.gif

Porsche owners are easily distracted by soup
wink.gif

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Craig:
Congrats guys! Wish I could have watched you spank the Porshce's and Corvettes
supergrin.gif
. And you didn't even need PMUM and Dearing
wink.gif

A chick with a GT-2? Love that car... but how was the chick?
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks to all the other drivers and our Anchor(So Cal Rebell)for making this such a fun event. Special thanks to Eric (our team Captian) for organizing the event.
So the next one will be at Laguna Seca??? Eric???? on the 21 st and 22nd of Dec.

Yeah we did not need PMUM and John D. Ya'know if you guys (John D and PMUM) want to run the next one, Ya need to get some more seat time so you guys can keep up with us.
wink.gif

We are all gettin faster!

GT-2 Driver: Not TOO Bad!

Joe B 01

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hate having to work for a living... i want to be like you guys when i grow up..

i left for the track early saturday afternoon and got half way there before i got hit with rain and fog, so i turned around and came home.. i figured you guys were probably keeping dry at the hotel.. sunday i got screwed into working all day..

waking up at two in the afternoon doesnt help either...

- eddie -

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Ron,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wholly sh*t
eek.gif
a real GT2. I don't think your reputation preceeds you in the ***** circles. Let me be your manager we'll go to ***** events I'll line up some races with the unsuspecting Brauts and we'll make bank!

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IMSOSLO:
smile.gif

Ken

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ken,
Kinda looks like you and Mudsled could have a dirt Relay Race across BW. We can call it Configuration # 44 as in 4 x 4
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif
supergrin.gif

Although, Mudsled even stayed on the track the whole weekend.
cool.gif

Joe (Finally stayed on the track the whole weekend) B 01

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you see how these guys treat people? you miss one event and then they ignore you.. i think joe b is holding a grudge because i heard he needed someone to help bleed his brakes and i wasnt around..
smile.gif

- eddie -

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
you see how these guys treat people? you miss one event and then they ignore you.. i think joe b is holding a grudge because i heard he needed someone to help bleed his brakes and i wasnt around..
smile.gif

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just like JoeB, the slave labor ain't there and he gets pissed, I wuz wondering where you were.