VIR Viperdays results?

JGarrett

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Lonestar. V-TEN had a good weekend at VIR taking 1st in Super Stock with a 2.18..., 1st in Perpared with 2.16.... and 1st in Modified with 2.14.... We try to get better at turn in and not using the binder so much. VIR was my first Viper Days last year and I improved 8 seconds on last years best with no changes to the motor or binders. I will have a full recap of V-TEN Racing's adventures this weekend. Stay tuned. The race for the eastern region points lead is heating up.

Tom, Nice to see you Eyal, and Newt had fun and did well. 8 seconds is quite an improvement. It'll be fun to watch you and Bill battle for #1 in the East.
Cheers,
Jim

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what Alan was referring to was this:

VIR Results in Super Stock - 2001 - Top 3

Super Stock Time
Alan Modzelewski 2:12.631
Chris Adam 2:12.680
Henry Cone 2:14.621

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Super Stock times are getting very slow.

Looks like the Cali boys are going to put the hurt on the East coast boys again :)

"A modest little person, with much to be modest about." - Winston
Churchill. Nice smack talk from the West! Maybe we'll get you boys all hotted up on longneck cowboy juice in OK and then you'll be kind enough to show us slowpokes how it's done. LOL
Cheers,
Jim

Just a little friendly smack talk. I'll take you up on your offer of the "Long neck Cowboy Juice" We're looking forward to meeting our Viper Days counterparts from the East. Should be a great time no matter who brings home the trophies :)

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HD, my SS winning time was 1.5 seconds faster than the winning time last year. At VIR, what would you like to see out of a car/driver with little experience and no performance mods on old p. sports?

Hope you can come play soon.

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agreee with Allen that I would not be bragging about winning an event with a 2:18 in SS. I do think that 2:12 with stock tires is an awesome time and those guys are definitely driving the car to the max. I did manage to get a 2:12 in my underpowered z06, and I am looking forward to going up against Alan again, as the first time I did it was my second driving event!

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finals appears to be shaping up to be a lot of fun. Looking forward to meeting some of our left coast Viper friends. Viper Days is the best group of people to track with.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HD, my SS winning time was 1.5 seconds faster than the winning time last year. At VIR, what would you like to see out of a car/driver with little experience and no performance mods on old p. sports?

When there is nobody in the class to push you further or deeper you settle for the safe lap. I always tried to be the fastest challenge series time on street tire for all classes. Chris (fastest 94 RT/10 I ever saw), Henry(96 GTS) and I (98 GTS)had some excellent battles years ago and flat spotted a whole bunch of tires before they were heat cycled 4 times. This was before any safety mods would deduct points so you could add performance enhancing components and still be in Super Stock. We used to give each other the Super Stock horn salute as we went by each other when the other was off the track excavating the earth. I still have the mud on my headliner from the mud bog burial at TWS in 2002. Nothing like cheering the guy up when he is down and out!! I used to flip the tires around on the rim so they would only go lumpity lump in the corners.
I want to get out there real bad but this spring I had a pine tree branch needle swipe across my left eye causing 3 tiny abrasions affecting my vision. Doctor said at least 6 months to heal, three months in now I still cannot read the top line on a eye exam chart with that eye. Two weeks before that I happened to have an eye exam and could read the second line from the bottom. I'll be back as Arnold says but it won't be this year I'm afraid. Good vision is key and looking ahead to the left with only the right eye is not going to get it done, escpecially with the neck restraint on.

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:rolleyes: Hhmmmm, compare all the times from this year to last!

Almost everyone's time was faster this year, pretty much... across the board!

Maybe the track was " A LITTLE FASTER " this year because it wasn't near as HOT!!!

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those who know me, know I do not brag or smack talk. I am not yet in Tim's (faster car running slicks) or Allen's class )regardless of any differences in the cars. I am driving a little better with my time this year being 8 seconds faster than last year. Maybe it was all do to temps that were 10 degrees cooler. Although, not all were faster than last year.

Allen, I hope your vision returns quickly so you can come back to a sport you clearly enjoy. Allen is a very good driver. When I went back to the 2002 results at VIR the times Allen ran in SS (car differences aside) would have placed him first in ALL classes except unlimited if my memory from last night in intact. That is amazing driving.

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, your doing fine, you have shown great improvemnts over the last year, keep up the good work. 8 seconds are a light year.

Tim, you did a decent time @ 2:12, but stop the smack, underpowered my a$$, if you are on dot race rubber you should be in the 2.09 or better range. The power to weight ratio is very close on both cars. you want underpowered, I got the neon down to a 2:16 last year & that was with a blown head gasget with the car running close to 240 degree water temps. The miata pole last month was in the 2:22's.

Time for you to step up do some real racing.Smack is cheap. Come to road atlanta this weekend to watch some epic battles.

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HD - Sorry to hear about your eye. Sure that wasn't dirt/landscape or some other debris coming off my car? Looking forward to seeing you at the track soon.

Tom - Congrats to you and all the boys of V-TEN on your results at VIR.

See you at Putnam?

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, your doing fine, you have shown great improvemnts over the last year, keep up the good work. 8 seconds are a light year.

Tim, you did a decent time @ 2:12, but stop the smack, underpowered my a$$, if you are on dot race rubber you should be in the 2.09 or better range. The power to weight ratio is very close on both cars. you want underpowered, I got the neon down to a 2:16 last year & that was with a blown head gasget with the car running close to 240 degree water temps. The miata pole last month was in the 2:22's.

Time for you to step up do some real racing.Smack is cheap. Come to road atlanta this weekend to watch some epic battles.

Yea Tim you should be running the same time as a T1 vette's (2:09), you know the one with a T1 shocks, teeth rattling springs and large sways. :D

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah t1 times, a whole one or 2 car field, who knows who set that time & under what race conditions. The T 1 record @ RA is 1;39 +- & I know there are street vipers doing that time or better.

You guys talk the sweet bs & then beat up on the rookies. Go troll on your own board & slap yourself on the back for doing such a good job. Or better yet try some real racing where there are no PASSING ZONES no stability control,& prove the smack.

Oh I can here the excuses now; I cant afford it/no time/dont have the garage space/my wife wont let me whatever

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah t1 times, a whole one or 2 car field, who knows who set that time & under what race conditions.

The T1 course record, I was told, is held by my Viperdays instructor, Richard, from whom I learned a great deal about driving my Viper on this course. I also rode in his Z-06 and it is a very good track car. I don't know whether most drivers use the Active Handling or not, but I can tell you I probably would. ;)

From this newbie's perspective, any time under 2:20 is really smoking. Under 2:10 is unbelievably fast (yes, I got a ride at those speeds). Paul Mumford ran a high 1:50's right? Neons, spec Miatas, Boxsters, etc., all do very well on VIR - easier to control in the corners and straightaway speed seems to be enough to do very well. Also, the track is not the same from day to day, or even from session to session, for that matter, so making comparisons between years is difficult.

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is that I really enjoyed myself out at VIR this past w/e, running with you guys.

I hope to make it back next year.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teddy - thanks for the video...I hope to see it in the mail soon.

JF - my ol' lady bought a gizmo that can convert the video to digital. we'll hook you up!

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper Days event at VIR was a BLAST!! We had about 75 Vipers, 12 Vettes, 4 Neons!! A GREAT showing from the East coast! Thank you to all that came out and supported Viper Days! We cannot run the event without all of your help. We are espically love to hear about the rookies and how they learned soo much over the weekend with the instructors and classrooms. That is why we are here... to make you all safe drivers in your car and have a fun weekend. The photos and race video will be up on the web site today! www.viperdays.com

Lets not forget that our next event will be at Putnam Park in Indiana SW of Indianapolis. August 13-15! Please feel free to call Courtney for more information 847-594-8477.

Thank again for your support! Hope to see you at the track again soon!

Viper Days, Inc.

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It makes all of us Viper Days feel proud when we read on the web how much fun the drivers had. We are so busy that we do not get to hear the good stuff.
I want to thank all participants for attending and learning how to drive safely at speed. We also look forward to seeing you all at VOI 8.
The VRL will be racing on Sat and Sunday and Viper/SRT Days driving school will run on Monday and Tuesday!
Do not miss VOI 8 This promises to be another fantastic Dodge Viper Invitational!
Skip

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this am? You sure are feisty today!

I think 2:08 is a bit quick for my car on victoracers since the T1 record is 2:09.

I seem to remember you running 2:22 in your neon when I was there.

Excuse me for the delay in responding, I was digging my car out of the turn 4 tire wall @ R/A this weekend. Not to worry, pulled the sheetmetal out & did ok in sundays enduro..not so lucky was the other poor soul who got life flighted out of the turn 5 wall.

Yeah I got a little fiesty on you guys bustin the rookies times, seems that corvette days dont have a viper class that we can come play in( oh thats right, there isnt any corvette days). Tom & Eyall showed great improvemets from their very limited experiance & they should be proud. As I recall they are the last guys to talk smack to anyone, why aren you busting the king o smack??????? Crying Ryan? As you know I leave the smack to the other guys.

FYI, T1 rules are basicly showroom stock rules with fully functioning emmisions systems, & T1 vipers have to run a restrictor plates to horsepower them down. They also have to run full interiors.

Here is one of the times for the neon practice times I can find posted:
# 59 Mansolillo / Northam Dodge Neon SRT 4 02:17.016 & that was with a blown head gasget, stock engine,stock brakes, hoosiers & stock acr struts

Also on another note the miata got down to a 1:48 @ R/A saturday,(before the crash)

lonestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teddy - thanks for the video...I hope to see it in the mail soon.

JF - my ol' lady bought a gizmo that can convert the video to digital. we'll hook you up!

George,

No problem. :2tu: I sent the cd during my lunch break last Thursday, so you should be getting it any day now.

Teddy

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kudos and thanks to Skip and Courtney for all their hard work to make Viperdays at VIR such a success for all of us. Everyone reports the same story about Viperdays: you guys are an incredibly class act. Please keep up this terrific opportunity for us to learn more about driving our cars closer to the limit.
This year's event could not have been orchestrated much better - the rain even held off until Saturday night and then kept away on Sunday. Can't wait until next year! :2tu:

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first Viper Days Was at V.I.R. last weekend.Absoutly the best time I have ever had with any car, any where. If you haven"t had the chance to experience this with your Viper, you haven"t been to the top yet. My instructor even took me about 15 low 2 minute laps in his car. It was unbelievable.Thanks to Skip and Courtney for a great weekend

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip is a class act & they run the best drivers ed event bar none. Most events are satisfied if you drive around & dont hit anything. One of the many things that impresses me about Skips program, is they care about making you faster. The post run instruction is the best idea I have seen. Most schools give you a talk before you even see the track. Its so much more effective getting coaching after you have done a few laps. The after parties are just icing on the cake.

Skip we need more in the south east, what can I do to help?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually Hoosier Daddy is from the East and hasn't been running as much as in the Past, so he is probably just doing a little smack talk to keep the guys in the East on their toes, and let them know he will be back - da boy is pretty darn fast!

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete, Glad you where not hurt and hope that other guy is ok.

Can't wait to get Ryan back on a full schedule of running on the track and talking smack. Untill then welcome to Moes!!

silverz06vette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete, Glad you where not hurt and hope that other guy is ok.

Can't wait to get Ryan back on a full schedule of running on the track and talking smack. Untill then welcome to Moes!!

I hope the vipers can have a better ratio then the vettes of waxers to "racers". I hear that Chevy/Panoz/Road Atlanta is having 4 days of DE next w/e. Its for vettes and SSRs :rolleyes: only.

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He suffered a basal skull fracture, broken ribs, broken nose. & cut an atery from helmet strap(loose?) KEEP YOUR BELTS TIGHT & WEAR YOUR SAFTEY EQUIPMENT PROPERLY, this looked like a light hit. I was standing nearby.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4