VOI 8! Sept 9 - 13, 2004

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, there will be a VOI 8, but not on the west coast.

DALLAS!

Although I would have prefered it to be West coast, I still must thank everyone who is making it possible and I will see you there!

Some travel info.

Dallas to San Francisco ......1,700 miles
Dallas to Portland............2,100 Miles
Dallas to Seattle.............2,200 Miles

Dallas to New York...........1,500 Miles
Dallas to Miami...............1,300 Miles

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas to San Francisco ......1,700 miles
Dallas to Portland............2,100 Miles
Dallas to Seattle.............2,200 Miles

Dallas to New York...........1,500 Miles
Dallas to Miami...............1,300 Miles

:) All less than a full day drive in a Viper! :)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That really gets me... why would they do it in early SEPTEMBER? JUST after all schools get going again... the worst times to miss. they couldnt make it MAY? give me a break. the LEAST they could have done would be to make it the end of the month... and in a better place than DALLAS! YUCK.

I just dont understand... why WOULDNT they bring it back to Vegas...? I dont think they would get ANY opposition on that one! I really doubt I will be attending the next VOI if its in Dallas... way too far, and not enough enjoyment to offset the shipping costs, vacation costs, etc... etc. CA/AZ/NV/FL are about the only states that far away I would bother with.

Come on Dodge... Its not too late to change your minds. I dont think you'll be seeing to many of the northerners/Easterners if you put it in Dallas...not enough "cool" factor to attract from that distance.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PS- Did they not realize that Dallas is VERY FAR from just about all the BIG sections of the VCA? I mean, look at the first post! Those are ALL major sections, and Dallas is over 1000 miles away from them all! What, did they start selling Vipers at a discount to the Mexicans or something? Attendance of this one is going to be BAD... I call it way in advance. few people can drive to this one, meaning shipping costs... and is a VOI really worth THOUSANDS of dollars to you??? (In Dallas at least...?) Shipping the car just about doubles the trip cost.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Dan, I would have loved to attend a VOI (if i didnt sell :( )
but there is noway i could go and miss the first week of school.
I think anyone with school age kids will be a no show.

So, my issue: the date is not good.
the loc.. could be better but oh well...

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have maybe actually been able to go to one of these if it was in Las Vegas, but it will just be another year that I'll miss this event. Oh well, maybe VOI9? :(

-Dean.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be there, like the last one, and I should be driving my car there :2tu:

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
We gotta hook up in Dallas. I've missed you everytime
I came to Tampa to visit my brother and Tony Darwin.
I've heard the stories, now I wanna see it live!

Dallas...I'm there...620 miles,

DN

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracy,
Maybe we can organize a caravan with the Illinos club to meet in St. Louis, then we'll cruise to Spfd, MO and meet up with the KC club. 50-70 vipers in a cruise would be fun!

Let me know,

DN

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracy,
Maybe we can organize a caravan with the Illinos club to meet in St. Louis, then we'll cruise to Spfd, MO and meet up with the KC club. 50-70 vipers in a cruise would be fun!

Let me know,

DN

Sounds like a great plan!

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS- Did they not realize that Dallas is VERY FAR from just about all the BIG sections of the VCA? I mean, look at the first post! Those are ALL major sections, and Dallas is over 1000 miles away from them all! What, did they start selling Vipers at a discount to the Mexicans or something? Attendance of this one is going to be BAD... I call it way in advance. few people can drive to this one, meaning shipping costs... and is a VOI really worth THOUSANDS of dollars to you??? (In Dallas at least...?) Shipping the car just about doubles the trip cost.

hold on a second there, have you ever actually been to dallas? keep throwing those stereotypes out :rolleyes: . you are right, there are NO vipers in the Dallas area :rolleyes: we just got lucky b/c the local dealerships said if you have a green card, you get 50K off MSRP :rolleyes: dont try to look at it economically as you did in your first post, b/c with you coming, the supply would sure as **** exceeds the demand! you are the first guy that said he wouldnt go b/c the location is "boring." give me a break, the other guys just want to hang out, race, and put a face with a name. the zone rendezvous had a HUGE turnout, and it was only a regional thing. imagine what the national event would bring in. shipping costs? you think that bothers anybody around here? if they really want to come, shipping their car, driving their car, etc. will NOT stand in their way. you on the other hand are too worried that it might cost you an extra 1k to attend :rolleyes:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got to be ******** me! Dallas is awesome! Great nightlife, food, women, entertainment..... What more do you want? I'm sorry if you got buttraped by someone here, but don't blame it on the city! We've got a ton of Vipers, including mine! I think it's an awesome idea!

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the choice of location. Currently Texan's seem
to be the most into the Viper experience.

VOI's shouldn't be based on a family vacation location,but
based on the track and hotel.

In the past I rarely had any time for other things at these
events and not having a true drag event at the last one
was quite a disappointment.

I would also suggest we have our first swap meet at this event.

Congratulations Texas...see you there.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there, and I'll be driving too. Chance to see a few more states. There will be a caravan as always, that's half the fun.
Wild Bill- Its a 3-4 day Viper Fest. Racing, hob nobbin', partying, cruising, drinkin' (open bar). All the Viper execs are there too.

More time with your extended family. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang