VOI 8! Sept 9 - 13, 2004

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THOR- Been there, done that, didnt like it. Deal with it, its my opinion. And if the Money isnt a big deal... then why dont you pay my shipping expenses?

Yes, I can afford the trip, but so what? I would have GLADLY forked over the cash it it was in Vegas or cali... something along those lines. However, forking over the same price for a Vegas trip as a Dallas trip just doesnt make sense to me. I would sooner fork over the cash to ship my car to Vegas, and go on my OWN vacation. Yeah, TX has a huge Viper Population, wow. Who Cares? My point is plain and simple; I am very disappointed in the location choice, as is EVERY OTHER Local viper owner in my area-(minus GTS Bruce I assume). If Dodge would have done a CA/NV VOI, the would have been 10 cars up... now it appears they are going to be 10 cars down on my end.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Final, I'm not as financially well off as you are, and if I can find the money I'm goin'. I'd go just because of all the decent people in the club, not because it's Texas, or Vegas, or Cali., or where ever. And I'd make a trip out of drivin' my viper! I like drivin' my viper! Hopefully I'll be able to find the resources to go. I know one thing, I won't cross it off the list even if it was in N.Y.!!!!! :rolleyes:

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd go just because of all the decent people in the club, not because it's Texas, or Vegas, or Cali., or where ever. And I'd make a trip out of drivin' my viper! I like drivin' my viper! Hopefully I'll be able to find the resources to go. I know one thing, I won't cross it off the list even if it was in N.Y.!!!!! :rolleyes:

This is the reason that, if I can find the time, I'll be hauling my ASP all the way down there from Canada!

I've been to two Viper Days and you guys rock. I can't imagine this would be any differant.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Final, I'm not as financially well off as you are, and if I can find the money I'm goin'. I'd go just because of all the decent people in the club, not because it's Texas, or Vegas, or Cali., or where ever. And I'd make a trip out of drivin' my viper! I like drivin' my viper! Hopefully I'll be able to find the resources to go. I know one thing, I won't cross it off the list even if it was in N.Y.!!!!! :rolleyes:

Two things:

First, The problem is that this wont be much of a "viper driving" trip, its a "Viper SHIPPING" trip. Along with Viper Shipping comes: Cost, Possible Damage, and just plain nonsense. In MY opinion, the trip as a whole has to be great enough to offset this "stuff". Dallas aint gonna do it.

Second, If VOI was in NY, *I* would cross it off the list, and I LIVE HERE! (unfortunatly, I might add)

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas...good choice!

You whiners: shut your pieholes and plan to go. Just because the Texas boys all have longhorns on their hoods doesn't mean you'll get gored, and they don't wanna see you on their mechanical bulls no-ways...

;-)

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go just because of all the decent people in the club, not because it's Texas, or Vegas, or Cali., or whereever it was.

This is exactly the point.

Final: I'm assuming you've never been to a VOI. Your with the owners the whole time if you stick with the daily scheduled track or cruise events. We even have classes and dinner together. Unless you planned on staying an extra day to do some site-seeing, I think you should come regardless of location if you can take the time. It really is more about the love of the car and the club members getting together IMO. Besides, I'd like to meet you AND see your car in person!

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure how to make it work, but I'm on it. Looking forward to finding a solution and not just sitting back and whining about it. Not the FINAL GTS butt a GTS no less

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Final:
I don;t have to deal with squat!
If you don't want to drive your garage queen down here, then you've obviously only got two choices:
(1) Pony up the coin and ship it;
(2) Stay the heck at home!! (No feelings hurt here!!!) Nuff said. :headbang:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You guys are lucky I am too wasted right now to post a response... i'll catch up with you all tomorrow. (and for your Info, I DID attend VOI7 in Nashville, thank you very much. I am quite well aware what VOI is all about.)

PS- thank the lord for spell-check.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are lucky I am too wasted right now to post a response... i'll catch up with you all tomorrow. (and for your Info, I DID attend VOI7 in Nashville, thank you very much. I am quite well aware what VOI is all about.)

PS- thank the lord for spell-check.

lucky? check the post above mine and get over yourself

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of a typical Texas woman? We need it to evaluate the stated location. :cool:

373RIG_NIG-med.jpg

These are true Texans & good friends of mine.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Is this official???

Thanks for asking. ;)

No, This is not official.

As always, you'll see an official post, AND link, AND mailings galore, AND Viper Magazine, AND VCA Notes editorials, when the information is official.

...not to say that Cody isn't offering some healthy discussion on this topic potential venue!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be there, like the last one, and I should be driving my car there :2tu:

I say this with a little envy...you drive your car EVERYWHERE!!! :) :2tu:

Yes I do, and you could too :)

I think I might make this a part of my eventually planned drive around the U.S., this would be a pretty good leg of it...

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Dan Knott (PVO) did state that Opryland was the event location and TMS was on the agenda.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS, Joe...just trying to keep our Region straight as we make out the 2004 schedule as requested per HDQ.

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the location is finalized yet. they should take a poll where vol8 should be.
i think i would vote for vegas.the facilities they have here are perfect for 1/4 mile racing, road racing and for partying(if you like to do that kind of thing 24 hours a day and being able to do anything imaginable).
who makes the decision where the event is going to be held? don't tell final or we might see him on the news for going on a killing spree(j/k final i'm on your side).

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here's what Viper HQ knows so far:

All is tentatively set and final word will be revealed by our friends at Dodge Marketing shortly.

FYI: Date was selected as this was the ONLY date available in the months needed to make sure we didn't conflict with other Dodge events.

Gaylord property, brand spankin' NEW!, similar to Opryland... but smaller ... which means we are goin' to be takin' over MOST of the Hotel!!!!!

Yeeehaaa!

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well My vote would have been Las Vegas as well but after doing some research I realized that:
Toronto to Dallas 1420 miles :smirk:
Toronto to Vegas 2200 miles :confused:

Overall feedback from the Ontario Club is pretty good
I can't wait to meet everyone.
Only 305 DAYS LEFT!!!! :cool: :2tu:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PVO in Vegas says Dallas. BigCarrot, I look forward to meeting you and some of those Dallas women. Hopefully Dodge will introduce the SRT Coupe/street version with 625 HP at VOI8.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas.... Vegas..... The poor folks out west have had to traval a bagillion miles for the last few VOIs...

On the other hand, Dallas is only an afternoon away from me, with TWS AND Motorsports Ranch, a lot of fun track time could be had..... best of all there could be a Night before VOI (pre-VOI) party on the roads of Arkansas around Hot Springs, and/or in Hotel and Entertainment filled Branson, MO. All traveling south to Texas on I-30 could stop by my humble place in Arkadelphia for a visit :)

Hmmm, that sounds like a lot of work, I vote for Colorado.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi yall (lol), i have never been to a VOI or any event sponsored by DLM. I do
look forward to going regardless of location. How about posting some things
that do go on at the VOI events. much appreciated. tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang