VOI 9 with no viper?

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so are there people here going to VOI 9 without there car? I would like to go but don't know if i can afford to take the car to Vegas. I was wondering how many go without there car?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Though it is fun to take your Viper, the most important thing is to go. I guarantee you will have a dynamite time and while the car will be missed the 1200 or so that show up will more than make you feel at home.

Signed,

Been there before without a V10 Snake!

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the best parts of the event is the caravan drive.However I'm not interested in driving that far or shipping the car.For Diane and I its going to be fly in early.Take in some sights and fly out. GTS Bruce

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be a lot of activities that you can participate without your Viper. Our president was without his Viper in Dallas. Take a good camera and take a lot of pictures for your club ! You can have as much fun with a camera as with a Viper. Maybe your buddies will appreciate you more with a camera. You can show them what they did during the day. On the track, you can ask people to have a ride with them. We do it often within our club, going for a ride with somebody else. I can tell you that it is the fun because your buddies will try to impress you ...

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the best parts of the event is the caravan drive.However I'm not interested in driving that far or shipping the car.For Diane and I its going to be fly in early.Take in some sights and fly out. GTS Bruce
Same for me-if I go,I'll have to fly in.Anybody know when more details about the schedule,etc are coming out?

Reaction score
Keith, Lets drive. I've gone cross country with my '99 (now Charlie's car) at least three times and my pressent, once. It's a blast------if you have the time!! VOI8 in Dallas was my first show. Paxton-Vortech had my present car displayed in their booth. Drove home from Dallas, still got 21mpg, at CRUISE. These cars are ment to be DRIVEN, not looked at or shipped. We'll talk. I've gone cross country with my '51 Mercury www.qtrturn.com twice on www.hotrod.com Power Tour.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, Lets drive. I've gone cross country with my '99 (now Charlie's car) at least three times and my pressent, once. It's a blast------if you have the time!! VOI8 in Dallas was my first show. Paxton-Vortech had my present car displayed in their booth. Drove home from Dallas, still got 21mpg, at CRUISE. These cars are ment to be DRIVEN, not looked at or shipped. We'll talk. I've gone cross country with my '51 Mercury www.qtrturn.com twice on www.hotrod.com Power Tour.

Oh so charlie has your old car? Hum... Did not know that one.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ive been to all 8 VOIs.
I had my VIPER at 6 events, not STL or BNA (had Janni's for 1 day at STL!)
The events rated a "10+" with my Viper. Vipers are they're own 'pit pass'.
The events were "9" scale events without a VIPER...the rental cars are not as much fun in the caravans etc, but you can still participate off-track.

DONT SKIP a VOI due to VIPERLESS concerns, whether time, cost, or both. Dodge has lots of other cars to play with...and lots of stuff to do, ESP in VEGAS !
In Vegas, you could even SKIP a rental car and use a Super-Shuttle to the hotel, and Dodge busses to the of-site venues. Just GO TO VOI !

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would love to take mine from Jacksonville, but first shipping quote was $5,000+, so will be coming without Viper.

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperken:

If you have enough cars to fill a transport your cost will be much lower. I have done this before and when a shipper can load all cars at one pick up location and drop off at one location is cost is much lower

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the zone rendezvous in Monterey without my Viper a few years back and it was the worst weekend in my life! Never again will I go to a Viper event without the car.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
knuk: Are you going to Vegas? Where are you located? West coast I assume. Perhaps hook up with bro and I on the way??

One option nobody has mentioned; rent one. Of course it's probably cheaper to bring your own at +-$500/day but you'd save wear and tear and you'd be able to thrash it hard!

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've been to two VOIs. They are a great time! That being said, I wouldn't spend the money to go without the car nor would we go if we didn't drive it there. Nashville was a 2100 mile run, Dallas was 3000, and if we go to LV, it will be about a 4400 round trip. The journey counts as a good part of the experience.

Steve

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys--From CT to Texas (VOI#8) with Reliable transport was $800 each way. VCA gets a discount. Going without your Viper is like being in a Wedding Party without your Tux! Dodge Rents out Las Vegas Speedway for 2-3 days. How many times will you get the chance to Drive Vegas Speedway! They Have Group Photos with the Vipers. Cruise with over 500 Vipers. They aren't letting you in line with a rental Car (Maybe a Charger)? It's a Car club, I won't go without mine unless it's in the garage being worked on at the time. 2 of you guys might want to chip in and buy a 2 car carrier and sell it when you get back?

AndyP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going and we are driving, thats what it's all about, and we are coming from Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. It will be great, going with out your car is like going to the ski-hill without your skies. Andy

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open offer to anyone not wanting to drive their Vipers to Vegas, I will gladly do it for you! I'll even buy my own plane ticket to your neck of the woods, and all you have to do is give me gas, and food money (to Vegas, and back)! Any takers? LOL. :2tu: :headbang:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If VOI dates are as they stand now, I definitly can not drive out. Will be missing school since it starts in September. Might be even hard to make it out there in the first place but if the NY/CT guys go I will be in!!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
knuk: Are you going to Vegas? Where are you located? West coast I assume. Perhaps hook up with bro and I on the way??

One option nobody has mentioned; rent one. Of course it's probably cheaper to bring your own at +-$500/day but you'd save wear and tear and you'd be able to thrash it hard!
A group of us will be going down from the Western Canada Region. Last time the VOI was in Vegas we met other members in Seattle, Portland, etc. - who ever wanted to join in was welcome and we had a BLAST on the way down! Keep checking the western canada website for more info as the date gets closer

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the last VOI without a viper :) there was far to much queing and waiting around to drive a SRT on the speedway and autocross, there wasnt enough vipers which was compounded when a couple of Dodge's SRT's broke down. Some of our group waited hours in boiling temperatures (not much shade) and still didnt get around the speedway. I Got lucky x2 laps around the speedway and 3 laps around the autocross. I was on the first day at the track, I spoke to people who did the second day and it sounded even worse for them...

There was plenty of runs on the neon autocross and driving through the cones in the other Dodge branded vehicles

I ended up on the bus on the picnic cruise that wasnt much fun, as all the vipers cleared off and by the time the bus arrived at the destinations the viper owners were on the move again. It turned into a 3 hour un-scenic bus ride. On the Dallas city cruise I managed to get a lift in a GTS that was really cool :2tu: so a bit hit and miss really, think the ideal situation is to team up with a friendly VCA guy who's in your group and has a spare seat
for the weekend

Reaction score
Would love to take mine from Jacksonville, but first shipping quote was $5,000+, so will be coming without Viper.
Ken, I just got off the phone with www.horselesscarriage.com to have them deliever my '51 Mercury www.qtrturn.com to Fla. for Hot Rod Magazine's Power Tour this June. I ask the girl for a price for your Viper--$2035. one way, enclosed. If you can get together six cars total and be picked up in same spot, it could very likely be less. If you ship, get on it. I've used these guys for a long time and was never disappointed. I'm driving from New York. It would cost a lot less to do the same. Good luck!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187