Warning about Elite Motorsports

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Lou, I have to say that you are a very patient man. Most people would have gone completely ballistic by now. You definately have done an outstanding job of documentation and having "all your ducks in line."

Posting the e-mail exchange and the pics of the tear down leaves no room for misinterpretation. Scott has indicated that he was going to honor the warranty on his work several times in the e-mails so the issue of "transferable warranty" is really a non-issue. Sean Roe made a very good suggestion of sending to to Arrow for a complete rebuild. That sounds like your best course of action. They know those engines best and their reputation is impeccable. Include the costs of the rebuild in your claim with Elite.

Its a shame that it has come down to this, but I think Scott can still save his reputation(and his business)by doing the right thing. H M S seems to be making a comeback, I'm sure Elite can do the same.

I opened link to the petition to ban Elite from VCA and was temped to fill it out and send it. I felt at this time that might be counter productive and would not allow Scott the opportunity (nor the desire) to respond and correct matters. As a fellow Viper owner and customer to the vendors in this community I'm definately on your side in this. If you've come to a point where you're both at an impass, I'll gladly fill out the petition.

Again, I'm sorry that you've had to go through all this. I can only imagine the stress and frustration that you've had to go endure. Please keep us up to date as you have been. Members like you are an asset to the Viper community.

BTW, what kind of camera are you using? Those pics are great!

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CJ,

As for wasting my money... well it's mine to waste.

Elite being a dba of Scott gives me leaway to go after his personal assets. Who knows, maybe I'll even get that title of yours for you ;-)

Given the responses here, maybe I should orchestrate a class action suite against him.

Lou

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, as I said in a PM to another member, I'm not sure what kind of people Scott is used to dealing with, but I do exactly what I say I am going to do (yes AB, I know I owe you a pair of brackets). Times up for me sitting it out. All Scott has to do is pony up. I don't even want an apology, just remediation.

As for the camera, it's a Canon D60 (no longer made so you can pick them cheap used if you're patient with your shopping). It was taken with a 25mm wide aperature lens set at .25m (macro). The camera was in default-automode and set for close-ups. The only setting I fiddled with was film speed. Image size was set to large-good quality.

Lou

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you may want to start by getting his company name and weblink off the first page of this website.

http://www.viperclub.org

I think that would be a good first step.
Perhaps Joe can chime in on this?
Can't have a sponser that doesnt respond to members with answers.

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, I like your thinking... I'm surprised a moderator hasn't stepped in on this thread yet.

Lou

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lleone,

You should follow Sean Roe's advice and send the engine to Arrow. Todd at Arrow will take care of you and at the same time give you one of the most expert opinions on the condition of your engine. Good luck in your endeavors!

Steve

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AviP, I'm sure it's my engine. Given Scott the option of saying he sent me the wrong one gives him an easy way to say "oops I made a mistake" and avoids the whole issue that he just was lying to me the whole time.

Lou

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing I've discovered. If he is not responsive to my lawyer's request, I will also a formal complaint with Florida's Division of Consumer Services.
--------------------------------------------
If there's a moderator out there, can we put a lock on this thread and stop new entries? It's getting a little long. When I have new information, I'll post it as an update or a synopsis or something.

Thanks,
Lou

Reaction score
I, personally, am not inclined to lock this thread for any reason. Nobody locked the Viperair thread because it got too long. I am, and always have been, a strong supporter of having as much information in one place, for all to see.

Sure, the thread is long.....but it tells the story from start to finish, and there is no need for a member to review more than one thread.

I appreciate the concern....but I think it is fine the way it is.

Reaction score
No worries Lou! That is just my lowly 2 cents. :) I doubt anyone cares how long the thread is or how many pages...I think they/we all want to see one thing. Good luck!

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone been by his shop lately and asked him why he has not responded? Is there any value in contacting his superiors at the fire department? Not trying to get him in trouble with his day job, but maybe that would help show him that he cannot ignore this stuff.

John

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received an email from Joyce. It is as follows:
------------------------------------------------------
Lou,

Yes, you just stated the facts. In your last voice maill you stated that it seemed that Scott had made his mind up already. Well, it seems to me that you are the one who had made your mind up, as you posted the post before even talking to Scott. As a matter of fact, as soon he came back on Thursday and read your e-mail, he talked to you. If I remember correctly, he wanted to know how to make things right with you. However, after talking to you is when he heard about the post which really set him off. In all fairness to Scott, although he didn't have to warranty any of the motor, he did and wanted to see how to correct the current problems you say you are having with the motor.

I am really surprised that you went that route. But that's ok, because we will survive. Scott has never screwed anyone, he has always bent over backwards to help people. His only fault, is that he is only one person and tries to do all, and is hard to get a hold of at times, especially if he is trying to complete work that has to get out.

Scott is a good hard and honest working man. You get to go home at 5 or 6pm, Scott doesn't come in to the house until 11pm or 12am.

You never gave him a chance. You unshrinked wrapped the motor, e-mailed Scott. He didn't respond that day. You know that he also works as a fire fighter. He was at work that day. He came Thursday and talked to you right away. What chance was that?

Just some thoughts,
Joyce
----------------------------------------------------
My response to Joyce was that she and Scott have a lot to learn about honesty and customer service.

It puzzles me that someone in business can think that it is acceptable to be as lax in their responses to customers as Scott is. For those who would question me, contact HCR or HealthSettings Network in Rochester NY and they'll tell you that I am accessible to my clients via email 24/7 (seriously).

It insults me that Joyce thinks Scott's time is more valuable than mine since he is a "firefighter". No offense, but I'm assuming he's not a volunteer which means he's getting paid to do a job just like most everyone else.

It's strange that they didn't notice me posting all along. Scott's timing isn't my problem.

How strange that she thinks I never gave him a chance. I wonder what she thinks the last 5 months have been?

One other thought, I don't think I ever mentioned to Scott or Joyce what it is that I do for a living. Maybe I am a fire fighter. I do have "baker's" hands after all...

Lou

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Joyce: However, after talking to you is when he heard about the post which really set him off.

"Set him off"? I wonder what she thought my reaction was when we unwrapped the engine after it being gone for 5 months. I think I've been more than reasonable about this whole situation but enough is enough.

<font color="blue">To Scott and Joyce:
I am calling you out. I think you owe myself and the Viper community at large an explanation as to why I was lied to and why you have repeatedly failed to make good on your committments. We await your answer.</font>

Lou

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am rather new to the Viper community and really didn't want to pass judgement on anyone but.. I must say for a business that gets much of its work from the members on this board, there definitely should have been more of an effort to explain or refute all these allegations. It's not just from one disgruntled customer, it's from more than a few. As a potential future customer, I would never purchase anything from Elite unless there were legitimate explanations for the lack of customer service. But then again, how can you legitimize poor customer service? This is a "forum" so both sides have the opportunity to tell their stories. Scott, speak out.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, Scott and Joyce both have their heads waaaaaaaaay too far up their own @$$es to realize that there is a world around them.

Nobody cares that he is out saving lives. What about all the others that he has made miserable?

Scott has tried speaking out on this forum before but, sadly, his words were filled with empty promises. And attitude. If it weren't for the attitude, there might be a valid excuse... but that attitude has to go.

He _did_ warrantee one of the motors that I know he built that blew up with less than 5 miles on it... but he also tried to get the owner to pay the shipping costs on the car (even though the car was DOA). And he took a looooooooong time to return e-mail and phone calls (like a month!). And even then, it was "he is out saving lives".

blech!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, Scott and Joyce both have their heads waaaaaaaaay too far up their own @$$es to realize that there is a world around them.

Nobody cares that he is out saving lives. What about all the others that he has made miserable?

Scott has tried speaking out on this forum before but, sadly, his words were filled with empty promises. And attitude. If it weren't for the attitude, there might be a valid excuse... but that attitude has to go.

He _did_ warrantee one of the motors that I know he built that blew up with less than 5 miles on it... but he also tried to get the owner to pay the shipping costs on the car (even though the car was DOA). And he took a looooooooong time to return e-mail and phone calls (like a month!). And even then, it was "he is out saving lives".

blech!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sure would be nice to hear Scott's side of the story. After all, there are always two sides to a story (sometimes three). It could also be that Scott was instructed by his attorney not to make any public comments on the matter. Either way, looks like this one's gonna get settled in court.

Good luck to ya Lou. Hope you get the snake back on the road soon.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 things:

1) buyer beware, never pay upfront for work being done. If they are real and big enough company they should easily be able to carry the cost and it keeps them motivated to get the job done quickly and correctly.

2) I knew I smelled a rat! I got a verbal quote from elite awhile back to do my stroker/heads/cam.... upgrade. but when I ask him to put it in writting and email to me, so I could see exactly whay he was going to do, parts and warantee, I never heard from him again.

Luckly this happenend and I found Senior Macedo, thanks to cudaman and the deland snake.

3) Speaks volumes that he will not respond. If someone was running me into the ground, I would stand up and try to resolve the issue or atleast fight to explain why it happened. If he truely was an overlook or mishap, he would of attempted to communicate some type of resolution. He is basically pulling the old Texas tuner routine of bearing the head in the sand and trying to disappear until it dies down.

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

My attorney's letter isn't in the mail yet. It most likely will go out tomorrow. Given that, I'm not sure he would have engaged a lawyer on this matter already. Of course, perhaps he has a history of this sort of behavior and "knows the drill", so to speak.

Lou

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the latest. From the job lot number on the bottom of my pistons (visible in the pics), I have confirmed with Ross (the manufacturer) that the pistons were bought by Elite in January 2004 and that no new ones were ordered this summer.

Once again, I ask Scott and Joyce to explain why I was lied to (see emails: http://vipers.telperion.com).

Lou

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would love to hear scott's side.
come on scott. jump in here and lets hear it from the horses mouth.

i was pulling for you at first .. read da thread.
come on.. lets here it..
please...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4