Welding Corsa install

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is this really necessary. im going to do my own install, and do not have a welder. And i dont plan on buying one either lol

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tips are going to move on you...normally, no big deal on any other car, but you don't want to be removing those side sills all the time retightening/adjusting clamps.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya i hear ya Ryan. Now the stock pipes dont move, and there just clamped. Guess thats why im wondering whats different with these. Guess once i get it aligned a can slip over to Midas, but that bothers me even thinking about it. lol

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well remember the stock exhaust has the rear crossmember that will prevent it from moving. Also, some others with more experience with other systems than me might know if Corsa is the only one that really moves once warm. If you don't align the tip towards the front of the exhaust opening while cold, they'll expand to the rear when warm and damage the black paint on the sill.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya i hear ya Ryan. Now the stock pipes dont move, and there just clamped. Guess thats why im wondering whats different with these. Guess once i get it aligned a can slip over to Midas, but that bothers me even thinking about it. lol

I never welded mine [ MOPAR performance 3" ] and they have never moved. YMMV

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well remember the stock exhaust has the rear crossmember that will prevent it from moving. Also, some others with more experience with other systems than me might know if Corsa is the only one that really moves once warm. If you don't align the tip towards the front of the exhaust opening while cold, they'll expand to the rear when warm and damage the black paint on the sill.
Yes, ive read the install instructions. Seems pretty straight forward. I like doing most of my own work, that way at least i know what was done. I know harbor Freight sells a little 120volt arc welder, but im still contemplating which way i will go. But the stock exhaust just doesn't get it done.Im used to much more.

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about drilling a hole and inserting a screw at the overlap point. That should prevent the pipes from moving. Just my .02

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corsa system has a bolt /nut on the rear hanger that helps with the moving problem, if intalled proprerly you dont have to weld them.

F

FrgMstr

Have adjusted mine 3 times, torqued the clamps till one of those broke. Will be putting a spot weld on those the next time I adjust.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I welded mine for the benefit of piece of mind. It requires only a small (1" long or so) tack weld. Do it if you have the resources. Corsa even recommends it. May work and look okay for now but one day you may see the tip pushed up against the rear sill opening along with charred black paint. Then you'll wish you did.

F

FrgMstr

Interestingly mine do not move back, these only turn down. And as I have posted many times before, DO THIS if you are going to take off those sills! You will need to get a 10mm deep socket into the hole.

You must be registered for see images