Well, I guess after careful review, I'm hanging on to my Gen4 ...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until the vert design is released. Then I'll decide on coupe or vert and will set my plans on the purchase. I know I've posted that when I went from my Gen3 to the Gen4 I didn't like the refinement change, I missed the rougher nature of the Gen3, and I do ... but with the GenV, I see enough old school and a smarter new school in that recipe, and I'm one of the guys it took about an hour for the design to go from hmmmm, to ****. I do think the release choice of color was the only somewhat mistake, I just don't think it does it justice, at least in pics, compared to the race car in silver, which is amazing. And the GenV I think will require stripes of some sort, lots of good renderings on here about that. But, I want this car, that I do know.

But, everyone seems to be expressing an opinion, so figured I'd share .... big decision will be vert or coupe, so now my second wait begins for the vert design, c'mon SRT, in the meatime I think I've got a couple yrs with the Gen4 til I'll then. My big hope is that the vert does have a real rollbar setup or an RT/10 design, either way, give us a safe & track-able car from the factory boys.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What color do you think is the favorite color of the CEO of Chrysler and Fiat? Bingo

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DMan

You are not alone. Many people will be drawn to a convertible version. They are two pretty different driving experiences.

Others will wait still more for the ACR version, and perhaps others for a Comp Coupe of ACR-X

No reason to expect that they will not come along, (but no guarantees either).

With the huge success of the ACR, SRT probably figures the marketplace is ripest for the coupe. If the coupe is successful, then they can follow up with the vert. If the coupe is not that successful, then...no vert.

You have a pretty potent Viper in your Gen IV. There will be many that consider that the last of the unrefined Vipers, but as I look closer, I see that each and every Viper since the first RT/10 has improved in creature comforts, safety, power, handling, interior, and over all performance. Seems like everybody developes a favorite.

SRT probably wanted to release the new Red first as it is their premium color, and quite spectacular. They needed to get approval from the President of Fiat to even get the money to go into production. Strange to see people complaining about the first color, as they are releasing many other colors for production.

Pretty sure they wanted to release the coupe first to make possible the American LeMans effort. When they released the 03 Gen III they got lots of complaints that the Vert was not the right answer for race track **********. (can't win).

I am in the same boat as you. Going to wait till VOI and make my decision then. Probably will be almost a year before the model and color that I may want is available. In the mean time we still get to drive the baddest vehicles on the planet. (my opinion only : >)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until the Gen 5 puts up a track time officially somewhere that beats the Gen 4 ACR, it will remain the baddest vehicle on the planet.
And IMO it won't happen till the Gen 5 ACR is released.

That's why I'm not jumping after the first year model you KNOW there is a monster coming in a year or two.

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do not like the way it looks , and i just came back from the show in NYC and still did not like it in the flesh . No Gen 5 for me i guess . I was looking into adding a car to my stable but i guess it will not be another viper .

Waiting for the 991 Porsche GT3RS !!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
;)
Until the Gen 5 puts up a track time officially somewhere that beats the Gen 4 ACR, it will remain the baddest vehicle on the planet.
And IMO it won't happen till the Gen 5 ACR is released.

That's why I'm not jumping after the first year model you KNOW there is a monster coming in a year or two.
;);););););););););)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do not like the way it looks , and i just came back from the show in NYC and still did not like it in the flesh . No Gen 5 for me i guess . I was looking into adding a car to my stable but i guess it will not be another viper .

Waiting for the 991 Porsche GT3RS !!

I like the way the Gen V looks, Not as aggressive as maybe it should be, but if the ACR comes out looking like the GTS-R with more HP, that will be the baddest Viper ever. :drive::drive::drive:

I do think when the convert comes out, it will complement the line. :2tu:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of talk about when a gen V ACR, Comp coupe, or ACR X will come out. Where does the gen V GTSR fit in? It's already in the works

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960