What Daimler-Chryster Owes Me

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What Daimler-Chryster Owes Itself

Very well said Janni. We aren't owed anything. Smart business people would do well to listen to their customers. Bottom line is that nearly 100% of current Viper owners are advising a look similar to the competition coupe with added horsepower, it is that simple. If DC had asked our opinions I don't think the Gen III's would look as they do today... and would have sold better. We are, indeed, a good cross representation of the marketplace.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're right alice we're all so blind.

Do you have an address where I can send everyone at DC a thank you basket and a strip-o-gram?

Go back to wonderland.
Craig, you think you can arrange<font color="red">....Vipermad edited for content, or lack thereof.</font>

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Admins - Please do something. This is beyond acceptable limits! <font color="red">It helps not to QUOTE it. :) </font>

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I got your point, Alice. I would agree that we are very demanding about the car we love so much. Fanatics! No, we can't make the business decisions for DC, but we sure can give some input! I think thats important, and I'm sure it does have some effect.

While the Gen3 is better in some ways, the original Viper, and the Gen2s, had soul! They represented the best of the American spirit, captured our imagination, captured the collective consciousness of Main Street USA auto fanatics. Tom Gale, Bob Lutz, Francois Castaing, and Roy Sjoberg had hit one out of the park, and the car bore their marks of personality and input. Fanatics like us don't want to see the Viper lose its gusto, and become another generic product line.

"I like that old time Rock and Roll,
the kinda music that soothes the soul"

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<font color="red">Me too. :) </font>

Im rollin' over here, thats some funny sh*t!!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper SRT, can I get you a tissue? Dry your eyes, pops! She's not gonna give you any either, so why try to act like the good guy? <font color="red"> Ya horny old goat! </font>

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Janni-

That was one of the best posts regarding the state of affairs of the Viper past and present.

Thanks

Steve

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alice,

You really believe DC owes you nothing?

What about honoring their warranty?

Other than that I agree with you. I liked what I saw and I bought.

What do we owe DC? Honesty.

Praise the merits of the car and company and curse them for their failings.

If the failings outweigh the merits, then a rational person would probably not buy from them again.

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My simple thoughts... if DC makes the new coupe what it should be, I will buy one; if not, my $85k will go somewhere else. My mind is made up, it is their decision.

From a previous post, are these still the two to send our thoughts to?

Todd GoyerTruck, SRT and Motorsports Communications

Daniel BodeneSRT/Motorsports and Viper Communications

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I must say... if the new coupe SRT-10 is not much different than the car shown to us at VOI-8 - I may be looking at other options myself. That does not mean I will not continue to be a Viper Addict. I am on my 8th Viper and have owned almost every type of Viper from Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, GT2, Comp Coupe etc. I still own 2 Vipers and love every minute of seat time. At some point I may change my mind and purchase a street coupe. I'm not in as much of a hurry this time around as I have been in the past. I would change my mind in a nanosecond if the new coupe looked just like my comp coupe.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope DC is reading all these posts. There is one GM product line that is having a Revolution and it looks like a Rebellion in the Viper rank and file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te