What do you think it's worth ?

Mopar-man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found an 06 vert black in prestine condition with only 620 miles from the original owner, few mods 6 spoke wheels, 09 exhaust, green filters. What do you think it's worth ?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats crazy. What do you plan to use the car for? A might be a little apprehensive to buy a five year old car with that low mileage. Who knows what could start breaking from it getting driven.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree with Bob. I put 620 miles on my car just over the last month! A car that has essentially sat for 5 years, seals, bearings, etc. Before it is driven or started, I would have to have it inspected by a qualified mechanic. If it check out, then go for it!

OP
OP
M

Mopar-man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car didn't just sit for 5 yrs, started every 2 weeks & driven monthly (short runs), oil changed every year. I know the owner.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's different then, you know the owner, and know that it's been cared for. As for price, it is tough. Low 50s is pretty close to Gen IV territory.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With that low mileage, I think 53k is fair to everyone. He may expect more since he never enjoyed the car at all!

Like others have said, Gen IV prices aren't too far from that, and will ultimately dictate Gen III prices.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hard to compare a car in that shape and miles. its almost like the miles dont count. low 50's is fair IMO

F

FrgMstr

Low 50s? No way. $48K tops. You are going to spend big money getting the card inspected and every single fluid changed out, not to mention tires will be needed as well unless he had those sitting on some deep carpet.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you want the value of Vipers to go down....why? A 600 mile 2006 SRT.....$48K....... would be a great price, but between $50K and $55K would be about right.

F

FrgMstr

So you want the value of Vipers to go down....why? A 600 mile 2006 SRT.....$48K....... would be a great price, but between $50K and $55K would be about right.

There is a a difference between what I "want," and reality. The cheaper they get, the more I will own. :p

A car sitting that long unless it was incredibly well cared for is a liability.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No way you buy that car for 48k. I just picked up a 800 mile 04 for 47k. I thought that was a decent deal, I didn't mind paying a little more for a low mileage car. Fluids are pretty easy to change. Not that big a deal. Definitely worth 50ties. Good luck

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mileage is crazy! About 100 per year or less. If he drove it monthly, that is what 8-10 miles? Gen IV prices will determine this value: e.g., Gen IV minus 30% or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery