What does everyone do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite an interesting compilation of occupations!

I am also a software engineer and work for a company doing embedded software for DSL routers. I'm glad I bought my Viper before the NASDAQ crash(es)....

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still in high school in Columbia S.C. I am a senior and I was wondering if I should take my car to college? Any advice on the subject?

laptopman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the CEO of www.pclaptops.com
I love Machine Guns, Community service, Politics, and Vipers

I am addicted to cars.

Anyone wanna buy a

2001 GMC Yukon Whipple Supercharged, Headers, Psycho 18" with Pirelli Scorpion Wheels. 3K Miles only truck. Fastest Full Sized SUV I've every seen. Heheheh I raced my buddies M3 and killed him. I raced a BMW Dinan 7 with 500HP and beat it as well. Oh ya it has Alpine DVD Nav and a 800watt Diamond Audio deathkill sound system. Will Trade for anything of value also hehehe

Dan

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My great-grandfather started building roads, railroads and levees in east Texas and Louisiana in 1890. Back in those days, it was all hand labor and mule teams. We are still family-owned and privately held. We employ nearly 400 and our work includes everything from farm-to-market roads and rural airports to urban freeways. We produce our own road materials (including hot-mix asphalt) and engineer & build our own crushing plants.

This is one of our recent Interstate projects:

You must be registered for see images

It really drove nicely at nearly 180 mph!

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Electrician at the Chrysler World HQ/Tech Center in Auburn Hills,Mi.,I'll be buying my first Viper this year,for now I have to be satisfied with a 600 HP Mustang Cobra.

SNAKOIL VA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a licensed architect and partner at Baskervill & Son (www.baskervill.com) in Virginia. I work all over the country designing office buildings, retail centers, telecoms and distribution centers.

In my spare time, I tool around in my F5 (SCCA) car. (Which, believe it or not, has a greater horsepower to weight ratio than my Viper!)

I bought by 93 RT 2 years ago this week. Still loving every minute of it.

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own Star Racing....Motor Cycle Drag Racing,mail order parts,
Teach Frank Hawleys Drag School,Team owner for Angelle/Team
Winston NHRA Champions,AMA/PROStar World Champ team owner...
Fred Collis driver...rider,and my job is so cool,I cant wait to go to work Monday!!!I am very thankful for all the toys and friends racing has blessed me with. GB3

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're all nerds.

I pretty much run all of the internal and external (hosted) application software at our company (Ideal/LDMI based in Royal Oak/Detroit MI, USA), plus they let me put together systems, install OSs, and develop software when I behave myself.

Harder than administration, less boring than software development. Of course, my title went from Sr. Software Developer to Applications Support, which I find most insulting, but the money's better...

Got a MCSE, MCSD, OCP, CCNA, CNA, CLP, Masters in EE, Bach in EE, CPS, and CPE...

'course I'd give it all up to be Ron's second in command/human resources/initial interviewer.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I'm also a newly liscensed bartender. I gotta have some way to meet the womenfolk.

Again, Ron, please, help a bro out. Need a branch office in Detroit?

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I develop Help Desk and call Center. I do everything from selling the work, writing the SOW, performing the analysis and develoing the architecture that will run the operations.

ANY NEED A GOOD CONSULTANT,,,,,

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a business which repairs and maintains fitness equipment for health clubs. Been doing it for 11 years and I'm proud to say that we are the best and largest company of it's kind in the world. Great being the boss, gives me time to go out and drive my Vipers!

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a doc that specializes in Allergy and Immunology. Just got my car about 10 days ago and broke my right hand 2 days ago. This surely is one of those tricks somebody is playing on me.

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Ulysses, I am a mixed signal design engineer. I used to work for a medium sized company called Burr-Brown here in Tucson AZ, until Texas Instruments bought us out about a year ago. Anyways, I am currently designing IC codecs for DSL as well as manage a small group.

We also have a few cool cars here that most drive on Friday's. Five or six porsche's, a ZO6, a Ferrari, a TT, and I have one of two vipers.

Ron

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an intellectual property attorney (patent, trademark, copyright), doing both litigation and transactional work, though fairly infrequently prosecution work (i.e., filing applications, not prosecuting criminals?!).

Also this weekend, I got a part-time job as Gerald's ****

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A VP at a petroleum company. Not a Viper Owner yet, but listening and learning. I'm planning on buying this summer.

- We are also the master disrtibutor of a major brand of racing gasoline for the state of Florida. If there is any interest, I would be glad to sell at a discount to Viper owners.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the boards and hope to be a viper owner by the end of tuesday. I am picking up a 1996 black/silver strip R/T. I will be asking a bunch of questions and hope all this experience on the boards will square me away. By the way, I am a military officer (CW3) flying the UH-60 transport helicopter, Instructor/Instrument Examiner. I have started to read the boards about two days ago and just could not beleive all the good info that was being put out. I did kinda enjoy the banter back and forth between Frank from NJ and Mr. Jenkins, but "can't we all just get along?"

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Engineering director at a medium-sized enterprise software company in Silicon Valley. I've been in software for 15 years, and managed to make a few good choices. Back when I had spare time, I collected degrees...

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a new Viper owner that does hand and orthopaedic surgery. Blessed with a wife that encouraged me to get this car for a release. Probably wanted me to get the midlife crisis stuff out of the way early (damage control...)
Always looking for a good ********

Frank

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, no viper owner, but a budding NT admin.
4 years in the field. A+, Net+ I-Net+, and an MCP. Almost done w/ my MCSE..... **** 2000 tests are harder than Nt4! Grrr... thanks bill

if it's on a network or stand alone, i've probably done it at one point.

I've got an interview w/ Ford Motor Company today... hehehe.. working for a car company that I hate. Oh well...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Professional basketball player, playing in Italy. Have owned C5, prowler, and '97 GTS which was/is my dream car! Sold it last August a few days before I headed back to Italy for another season. Just got home and I miss my Viper!! Two more months and I am back in Italy again. I hope I can get through the next two months GTS-less!(I have been itching and looking!) I have a deposit on a '03, and will be retiring from Hoops in a couple years, which will give me lots of time to drive my Viper and enjoy meeting many of you at the VCA events!! Can't wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper