What does everyone do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am actually kind of proud of what I accomplished. I am one of the early pioneers of the Internet. Back in early 1989 I joined cisco Systems (small "c" is actually the correct spelling!).
Back then people though TCP/IP was a disease you could catch! and a big network had maybe a couple hundred users. I've long since retired at ripe old age of 40 and now my biggest concerns are do I buy that 3:55 rear from Jon B or that Aluminum flywheel???
cool.gif

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well lets see here...I have read all five pages and have come to a very REAL conclusion! ITT Tech. I need to get back into the computers. Well, lets see? I went to college right outta highschool then all of a sudden found myself doing a 4 year tour in the Army. You know,"Be all that you can be". Then Became a Transplant Coordinator with a Local Company called LifeLink where I procured(extracted) corneas and whole eyes for organ donation via a smaller company in terms of employees, but the largest in the world(Central Florida Lions Eye and Tissue Bank) in terms of organs procured in a years time. Then went back to school and now I am a Sheriffs Deputy with a local agency here in Central Florida. But I am only 23, single, and hope that one day I can get myself into a career that will support my dream in owning a Dodge Viper! Anybody interested in hiring? Will travel...it was worth a shot
smile.gif

Later,

Jayson

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Hey Slaughter, your a lawyer. Maybe Socal can use you too, you both do the same thing to people. Although Socal just films it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right, Socal just films it, I get to DO IT!
laugh.gif
And get paid well for DOING IT!

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I design enterprise level backup solutions for companies who want to protect their ASSets (www.cybernetics.com).

I also own a web design & hosting company (who doesn't?). We're just better than everyone else (our designed sites are works of art, not frontpage templates), that integrate with database driven back-ends (shopping cart, security based on username/password, inventory, classifieds, etc).

I also own a geographically based web site URL that brings me over 1 million visitors per year. I've turned that into a travel agency-type business.

Steve

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intemperate Disposition wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I am patiently waiting for my parents to kick so I can pay this thing off
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????????????????????????????????????????????
confused.gif
confused.gif

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
I probably have the most boring job of all these posts, I am CEO (for 21 years) of one of the largests adult video production & distribution corporations in the U.S. (yes I hire all the talent and am there for the shoots). As a matter of fact I am thinking of starting a new line of videos & DVDs based around exotic cars, snakes would be a good start.

Motorless Ron

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Work work work ... So what do you do for fun? But seriously, got any openings I might fit?

bcrl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My husband is a painting contractor, I am a lab tech and we raise llamas. I can't wait to see what the llamas think of the viper when it arrives tommorow!

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool.gif
We own a Company in Australia called THE911FACTORY(VIPERFORMANCE) We import Dodge Vipers from the States and Convert them from left hand drive to Right hand drive for The Australian Market, We also do the same for Prowler's , and Turbo model Porsche's. We are sole agents for SVSi, and we get our Prowlers from Bill Pemberton. We are the Viper Gods of Australia.

str8jakett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm a tech support agent for Dish Network so I help all those people who bought systems from Lee Dove (Page 1). Not a Viper owner and probably never will be if I stay at this level, so I'm going back to school to get my pilots license (helicopter) so I can fly famous people around and maybe they will tip me.

Ahhh, and thanks to Ron Hickey and Chuck Babel for letting their snakes bite me. That's all the motivation you need.

Ryan

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the t.v. weatherman for FOX 26 in Houston, Texas. When not on the air, I tinker with anything automotive especially my '97 GTS Coupe and my '67 Corvette convertible. I'd like a third car, but I just can't squeeze it into my two car garage (but I'm working on it!) Any ideas?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tristan rizzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bite -
I am a Navy SEAL - currently stationed in Japan as my viper sits dormant for 2 years in Ca....ok not really dormant - its at ESI racing engines being modified
smile.gif

Cheers Tristan

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Max- Too funny!
laugh.gif
Wonder if webtrader was listening?

I started an elevator installation and service company, about 6 years ago. Would have made more money sooner, but I had to pick up lessons along the way I never learned, like:

How to keep general contractors from stealing your money.

How to keep union employees from stealing your tools, and time.
(Time is money)

How to keep all other customers from stealing your money.

Its been a long hard game, and I'm tired of getting my fingers burnt.

Lessons learned are like bridges burned, we hope we never have to cross them again. Will be doing better in the future, thanks to all these hard knocks.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
I stab people. 4 or 5 people every day.

MM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maxx:
Does your employer take witholding taxes out of your paycheck or are you a private contractor?
wink.gif

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an independent administrative law investigator. That means that I investigate complaints filed with licensing board or agencies by patients who allege improper behavior by a health care practitioner.

You know what that means........Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll.

Not much money, but what stories I have to tell!!!!

Don Hiltz

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an independent administrative law investigator. That means that I investigate complaints filed with regulatory boards or agencies alleging improper actions/behavior by a licensee.

I contract only with health care boards, so you know what that involves.......Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll.

Not much money, but the stories I can tell!!!!!

Don Hiltz

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Aircraft Mechanic for Northwest Airlines at the A320 Airbus facility in Duluth Minnesota. Also I've restored MuscleCars for the last 19 years working my way up the ladder to better cars every year. Started out with one car and a couple parts in 1983. Now this year I sold 2 of my toys and I paid cash for my '96 GTS, and I've still got a '70 Challenger R/T, and a '70 Cuda sitting in my garage as well as a complete inventory of Cuda and Challenger parts. I feel very Blessed !!!

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been in the computer games business. Went public with the company, worked 100% for 8 years...now retired.
What I do now...Racing!!!

:)
Cheers from Sweden
/JP

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm an aspiring Budget Analyst, barback, and freelance merchandiser. I'm also looking into work for FEMA and starting my own business. But the thing that takes up most of my time is my Hobby - annoying people with politics...

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prosthetics & Orthotics. You all better hope you never need my serives. Still work for the same company I started with after college 20 years ago.

Andrew

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic Rough:
I started an elevator installation and service company, about 6 years ago. Would have made more money sooner, but I had to pick up lessons along the way I never learned, like:

How to keep general contractors from stealing your money.

How to keep union employees from stealing your tools, and time.
(Time is money)

How to keep all other customers from stealing your money.

Its been a long hard game, and I'm tired of getting my fingers burnt.

Lessons learned are like bridges burned, we hope we never have to cross them again. Will be doing better in the future, thanks to all these hard knocks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a business with a lot of ups and downs!
laugh.gif

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, might as well beat this dead horse.
I wonder. . .some of the original posts back in 2000. . .most were all in computer this or that. . .I wonder where they are now?

I am a drug dealer.

In all seriousness I work for a major chemical manufacturer in marketing/sales of oil additives. . .yes, the same oil additives that make Mobil1 such good stuff (XOM is one of our biggest customers) We also work with Castrol,Shell,etc.

So if your Viper is addicted to a clean, rust-free, oxidation-free environment. . . I got the fixx for your little snake ******.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten