what is it about a yellow srt10 viper

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im going crazy...

I have been pulled over 3 times by city and county police in the past 6 weeks..And Im sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!

in my red srt10 with two years of driving 3 days a week I was never once pulled over..

In my black nsx I have never been pulled over..

In my van/truck/jeep I have never been pulled over..

but 3 times in the past 6 weeks is just insane..Im actually afraid to drive the car because every time I do I feel like Im gonna get pulled over..

The first time I was just doing 65 in a 60 mph zone and the cops pulled me over because they said there lieutenant called via radio and told them it 'LOOKED" like I was driving fast..

then the cop had the nerve to say dont lie to him and if he had a car like that he would be driving fast as well..
no ticket but come on..your gonna pull me over because it looked like I was driving fast..

the second one I was cruising threw a neiborhood and the cops got behind me and followed me for two miles and said that someone complained about my exhaust...

Then they gave me a ticket for no front license plate..

then two nights ago i was agin cruising down the freeway and a cop pops up behind me whuile Im doing 70 in a 60 mph zone and pulls me over...

He says this...I just got one question..how can you afford a car like this...And lets me go..

Im really tired of this BS...I just dont get it...If your gonna interupt my time and also my safety by haveing me scared as hell at night with blue lights popping up behind me and then make me pull off to a curve or some grass ect...

Then have a valid reason to give me a ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not then pull over the guy doing 15 mph over or the multiple people with no seat belts or talking on cell phones ect...Why screw me:dunno:

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister,

I guess you have to take it as a compliment...the so called cops are just really jealous and just want to bust your cookies.

Years ago I worked for a guy who was my so called boss, but he was so jealous of me cause I had a vette conv. and a viper gts...he couldn't get over it..cause he was working on old clunkers and selling them for a few bucks....I was laughing all the time :lmao:

Misery loves company and jealousy loves losers!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the cops can be cookie busters, but take it with a grain ..take it as a big compliment!:D

Best Dave

2002 GTS FE
Belangers, Corsa, R/T, K/N

Looking for a new 2010:cool:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time make sure to write down the name of the clown making such moronic comments and let his captain chew his ass raw!

ChoklatMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Up here in Canada, I've had the opposite experience with my yellow viper. The other day I passed a radar trap (saw it too late) well into the "ticket zone", the cop stepped out, pointed at me, pointed three times real hard to the ground, and then gave me the thumbs up!

I never thought I'd see a day where a cop was being cool.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im going crazy...

The first time I was just doing 65 in a 60 mph zone and the cops pulled me over because they said there lieutenant called via radio and told them it 'LOOKED" like I was driving fast..

What can I say.:D Even the cops know Yellow is fastest :lmao: :lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been 'tagged' at 80mph in a 62mph zone 3 times and not been bothered in my sapphire/silver GTS. Havn't been pulled over in the Red/silver 00 ACR. I got pulled over in Montana and the cops told me to watch for Deer on road on my way to VOI X. Got pulled over in Feb in my 98 GTS because someone phoned and said I had no insurance. Cops saw my permit and said, "Why are you driving this thing in the middle of winter anyway?" Told him that I was on my way home and had driven cross-continent.

50,000 Viper miles during the last 4 years and no Viper tickets. Loud exhaust, chrome wheels, and no front plate. I attract tickets in my Stealth TT and Hemi Ram. No tickets in 440 Hemi Orange Duster either.

You know that JonB sells a rubber clip-on front plate holder?

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even cops are working harder these days. Everyone is worried about losing their jobs.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even cops are working harder these days. Everyone is worried about losing their jobs.

I know allot of cops. I have never heard of any of them worry about losing there job. Most of the guys I know are up for retirement after 20 years and are not sure if they will stay on. Completely there choice they just need to send in paper work. My brother says allot of guys are going out and there is going to be a huge shortage.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a yellow Viper owner for 4 years now and have yet to be pulled over. Think of it this way, bad things come in 3's, so you're done. ;)

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving a red colored hotrod like a Viper is like waving a flag in front of a bull. Red may look cool, but it attracts way too much of the wrong kind of attention. I've found that white, blue, and black hardly get a look from the cops.

I suspect bright yellow may be in the same category as red.

Last edited:

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a yellow gen one, got a ticket in Destin (justified somewhat), and pulled over only twice. Once on I85 coming back from Destin in Montgomery county Alabama, that's when the Lt told me he wished his son was there, he loves vipers! Even told me to "mash" it, which I did. Second time was in my county near my house. One Sunday morning early- wife and I were going to breakfast and just had installed Bellangers and no cats. Cop with radar going opposite caught me at 150ish. I pulled over and he didn't even get out of his car, just a "nice car, slow it down". Lucky I guess. I do have a purple heart tag which a lot of cops respect so that may have been my saving grace. Good luck out there, their mostly jealous. So far in the gen 3 blue--no pull overs, but my day will also come. I just can't hold back abusing them verbally.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I got nailed going 11 over in Moscow Mills Mo. headed down to meet the guys at the Gateway club for their cruise to Lake of the Ozarks. Cop didn't even have the common decency to drop it to 10 over. Didn't say **** about the fact that I didn't have a front plate, and Didn't even ask where my weapon was when I handed him my carry permit and told him I was armed. I guess in the quest for money there are no limits. $115.00 dollars later and I was on my way. Most of my buddies are cops and even they said it was bull**** to not at least drop it to ten over.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a yellow gen one, got a ticket in Destin (justified somewhat), and pulled over only twice. Once on I85 coming back from Destin in Montgomery county Alabama, that's when the Lt told me he wished his son was there, he loves vipers! Even told me to "mash" it, which I did. Second time was in my county near my house. One Sunday morning early- wife and I were going to breakfast and just had installed Bellangers and no cats. Cop with radar going opposite caught me at 150ish. I pulled over and he didn't even get out of his car, just a "nice car, slow it down". Lucky I guess. I do have a purple heart tag which a lot of cops respect so that may have been my saving grace. Good luck out there, their mostly jealous. So far in the gen 3 blue--no pull overs, but my day will also come. I just can't hold back abusing them verbally.

If you're going to get caught speeding, Montgomery county isn't a bad place. I was on my way home from Destin with my ex-wife when I got tagged for 104 in a 70 in her BMW. No lecture, no BS, the guy just wrote me a simple speeding ticket and told me to be careful. I checked their county website to see what my fine was going to be and was pleasantly surprised. Less than 25 over is $125 and more than 25 over is $145. Not too bad. The best part is that when my ticket posted up for me to pay it, it was only $125. 104-70=34. 34>25. I guess it's more proof that people in AL can't count!

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first 3 years I owned my Silver GTS, I never attracted attention from the police (thank you V1), last year I added stripes and now I might as well have a giant flashing light on top. I get followed by police all the time, if they end up following me to my destination, they always just want to look at the car and talk about it being their dream car!

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first 3 years I owned my Silver GTS, I never attracted attention from the police (thank you V1), last year I added stripes and now I might as well have a giant flashing light on top. I get followed by police all the time, if they end up following me to my destination, they always just want to look at the car and talk about it being their dream car!

dodgefever,

That is proof enough that striped vipers are way faster than plain janes :D

Best, Dave

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From about 1 hour ago. Must be the yellow...hahahaha

Attachments

• cruise 019.jpg
    cruise 019.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 19
  • cruise 018.jpg
    cruise 018.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't you a police officer Twister?

Im with a differant agency and admittedly when we pull them over we dont give them tickets and when they pull us over we dont get tickets..

Of course their are always exceptions...I did get the no front plate ticket even after the sergeant was told by his patreolmen that I worked for a differant agency and we even share some of the same jurisdiction..

he didnt give a crap and I heard him out side my window yell to his patrol men..
"give him the ticket any way"

So this really matters very little..Some cops will give other cops who work in the same exact agency as them tickets...

So far so good for the past few days..but ive been mostly driving my other cars...The yellow Viper just gets too much of the wrong attention..I was thinking about a ssg 2008...Now Im just going black..LOL

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Twister,

I’m a little confused about your complaint. You question why you were pulled over 3 times, while you admit to committing 3 infractions:

1. Speeding 65 in a 60 is an infraction

2. No front plate is an infraction

3. Speeding 70 in a 60 is an infraction

If you admit to these infractions, why do you question why you were pulled over? All this from a cop none the less :dunno:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting pulled over for 5 over is just BS...Even 10 over is really stretching it..

And a no front plate???? I mean come on...thats just crazy..

I mean I defiently get were you are coming from...
But if I was in my van or truck doing 5 over or 10 over or had no front plate they wouldnt have pulled me over..

thats all Im getting at..To me this is BS!!!!!! 3 times in 6 weeks when Ive been pulled over 5 times in the past 14 years not counting these 3 times.....Im at my witts end..

The craziest thing is I just got a letter saying my insurance has went up 30$ per month...I had no idea that a front plate would raise my insurance like this????????

But in the bright yellow viper...Oh hell yea they will...